1. London
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 11:30
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I am surprised anyone can find such security through their belief in some dominant being who orders people around and threatens them and who they cannot safely rebel against without horrific punishment in consequence.
    They find security because of their belief in the infinite justice of God.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    01 Jun '06 00:511 edit
    Bumped for a later read.

Edit: Shamelessly.
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    01 Jun '06 01:05
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    They find security because of their belief in the infinite justice of God.
    He may impose what he believes to be infinite justice onto us, but he certainly doesn't impose it on himself.
  4. London
    Moves
    02 Jun '06 12:23
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    He may impose what he believes to be infinite justice onto us, but he certainly doesn't impose it on himself.
    He is (in a sense) infinite justice. So there's no question of Him "imposing" it on Himself - He can do nothing but be infinitely just.

What you're doing, on the other hand, is using your limited notion of justice to judge Him.
  5. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    02 Jun '06 17:05
    He is (in a sense) infinite justice. So there's no question of Him "imposing" it on Himself - He can do nothing but be infinitely just.

What you're doing, on the other hand, is using your limited notion of justice to judge Him.
    Do you mean perfectly just, or infinitely just? I don't know what the latter claim would amount to.
  6. London
    Moves
    02 Jun '06 17:15
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Do you mean perfectly just, or infinitely just? I don't know what the latter claim would amount to.
    I suppose it's "perfect" justice.
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    02 Jun '06 20:20
    I suppose it's "perfect" justice.
    So, when you say God is perfectly just, is that "is" one of predication or identity?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree