13 Aug '06 04:15
    Thank you, Freaky.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 04:35
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Wow, when I posted the question whether a twig or a leaf, I didn't expect the discussion would go THIS far! Well, a friend of mine said apparently the dove brought back a leaf which was on a twig. Don't know if anyone can verify for sure. I'm also wondering that if everything died during the flood, whether the olive could have survived it. If it didn't, whe ...[text shortened]... ng for evolution into different subspicies of the human race, it's still hard to fathom.
    There is only one species of human. The answer of christians would I guess be mutations and localised adaptations explain difference of skin colour etc. Of course it's all crap. And, no, no way could a tree survive 150 days of continuous inundation.
  3. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 13:41
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    There is only one species of human. The answer of christians would I guess be mutations and localised adaptations explain difference of skin colour etc. Of course it's all crap. And, no, no way could a tree survive 150 days of continuous inundation.
    Yes, I thought that's quite an interesting explanation, but actually it's not an original answer! This so-called religious friend of mine gave me that answer, but I'm not convinced. If environments, eg. weather, temperature of surroundings, or even the food we eat have an impact on what we eventually look like, then why is it that the africans, for example, still have black skin after spending hundred of years amongst the white-coloured peopel in, say, the USA? Surely they all lived in the same environment and eat more or less the same food (overall)? I bet if we can last a few hundred more generations, the skin colours will still be the same?
  4. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 15:56
    Am not very well versed with biblical issues. Am just trying to verify that story about Noah and his Ark. Was told that it rained for 40 days & nights. Then waited 150 days for flood to subside. Then a RAVEN was sent off (don't know what happened to it!). Then a dove was sent off. Then a second dove sent off after 7 days. When it came back to the Ark, what ...[text shortened]... f? Which is the correct one according to the bible? Can anyone help me out to verify this? Thx.
    Only silly people believe that this is literally true. Why are you trying to verify it?
  5. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 16:03
    Yes, I thought that's quite an interesting explanation, but actually it's not an original answer! This so-called religious friend of mine gave me that answer, but I'm not convinced. If environments, eg. weather, temperature of surroundings, or even the food we eat have an impact on what we eventually look like, then why is it that the africans, for example, ...[text shortened]... I bet if we can last a few hundred more generations, the skin colours will still be the same?
    Skin color is thought to be selected for by diet and climate. Too much melanin (the pigment that makes your skin darker) and not enough sunlight can result in a vitamin D deficiancy. On the other hand, too much exposure to sun can result in a folate defiency. Melanin protects you from the sun destroying your folate, but makes it more difficult and require more sun to produce proper levels of vitamin D. People in different regions of the world developed different skin colors because of this balancing act between sunlight and melanin. The reason skin colors haven't changed is primarily because natural selection doesn't work that fast. Additionally, with modern diets and medicine I would guess that there is basically no selective pressure now so people will probably never settle to the one best level of melanin for their new regions. If someone with dark skin gets a vitamin D deficiency or an albino gets a folate deficiency, they can just go to the doctor who will put them on a multi-vitamin or something, their skin color will not interfere with their ability to survive and reproduce.
  6. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 07:45
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Only silly people believe that this is literally true. Why are you trying to verify it?
    Let me explain. I don't have a bible, so I don't know how's the story. But some people may read the bible and therefore would know the story (according to the bible). Now, I'm setting up a Treasure Hunt question. It's a game where 'hunters' drive around looking for answers based on the 'question' or 'clue' given. OK, fine. Now I have a signboard showing the word 'DOVE', and it's the answer that I have in mind. So how do I go about posing the question? I give something like this:

THE ONE THAT WENT OFF AND BROUGHT A TWIG BACK TO THE CAPTAIN AFTER THE FLOOD.

You see now why I MUST make sure that it's a TWIG or an OLIVE LEAF? It's not whether one is more correct than the other. But what does it say in the bible.
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 07:58
    Let me explain. I don't have a bible, so I don't know how's the story. But some people may read the bible and therefore would know the story (according to the bible). Now, I'm setting up a Treasure Hunt question. It's a game where 'hunters' drive around looking for answers based on the 'question' or 'clue' given. OK, fine. Now I have a signboard showing the ...[text shortened]... t whether one is more correct than the other. But what does it say in the bible.
    There are many excellent online bibles.
  8. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    16 Aug '06 20:50
    Originally posted by Mixo
    Two of every species on the ark, right? A raven flies off and never returns so Noah is left with just one raven and the species becomes extinct?
    Nah, the male raven had been banging the female raven and got her pregnant. He didn't feel like stickin around to raise the kids so he made a deal with Noah and volunteered to go look for land. He never returned but after the Ark found land, the female raven hatched out a bunch of baby ravens and the species went from there.
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    16 Aug '06 20:52
    Let me explain. I don't have a bible, so I don't know how's the story. But some people may read the bible and therefore would know the story (according to the bible). Now, I'm setting up a Treasure Hunt question. It's a game where 'hunters' drive around looking for answers based on the 'question' or 'clue' given. OK, fine. Now I have a signboard showing the ...[text shortened]... t whether one is more correct than the other. But what does it say in the bible.
    Why don't you just look it up online? Are you going to just take the word of someone that posts here?

If you are, then the answer is definitely an olive branch with a leaf attached to it.
  10. Joined
    29 Nov '04
    Moves
    18 Aug '06 00:47
    Originally posted by royaltystatement
    The end of times will be similar to the days of Noah. People will be warned about something that has never happened before and whoever chooses to believe will be saved. Whoever doesn't, won't. The Rainbow testifies to this fact. The Earth will be destroyed with fire. Even Skittles testifies to that "Believe the Rainbow" "Taste the Rainbow"
    whatever....😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree