1. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 08:29
    Am not very well versed with biblical issues. Am just trying to verify that story about Noah and his Ark. Was told that it rained for 40 days & nights. Then waited 150 days for flood to subside. Then a RAVEN was sent off (don't know what happened to it!). Then a dove was sent off. Then a second dove sent off after 7 days. When it came back to the Ark, what was it that it brought back? Some people said it brought back a twig from a tree; some said an olive leaf? Which is the correct one according to the bible? Can anyone help me out to verify this? Thx.
  2. England
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 10:43
    a leaf on a twig is what i recall but that may be due to my childhood teachings being a while ago. not shure now how the bird broke off this from the tree but they build nests well so im not questioning the account.
  3. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 18:07
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Am not very well versed with biblical issues. Am just trying to verify that story about Noah and his Ark. Was told that it rained for 40 days & nights. Then waited 150 days for flood to subside. Then a RAVEN was sent off (don't know what happened to it!). Then a dove was sent off. Then a second dove sent off after 7 days. When it came back to the Ark, what ...[text shortened]... f? Which is the correct one according to the bible? Can anyone help me out to verify this? Thx.
    Two of every species on the ark, right? A raven flies off and never returns so Noah is left with just one raven and the species becomes extinct?
  4. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 18:15
    Who wrote the passage you are discussing? And how many gospels write about this event differently?
  5. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 18:161 edit
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 19:391 edit
    Originally posted by Mixo
    Two of every species on the ark, right? A raven flies off and never returns so Noah is left with just one raven and the species becomes extinct?
    the raven he had was pregnant lol
    Edit: one of the doves was too
  7. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '06 22:48
    The end of times will be similar to the days of Noah. People will be warned about something that has never happened before and whoever chooses to believe will be saved. Whoever doesn't, won't. The Rainbow testifies to this fact. The Earth will be destroyed with fire. Even Skittles testifies to that "Believe the Rainbow" "Taste the Rainbow"
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 00:50
    Burma clean!
  9. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 00:55
    knarly
  10. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 04:291 edit
    edit: never mind. Someone else thought of it.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 04:34
    Seven of the "clean" species.
  12. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 05:46
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Touche! Thanks for pointing that out. Seven pairs of clean species and seven pairs of all flying birds. Are the "clean" everything that isn't specifically banned? Does that mean the story actually dictates 14 of everything except for a few special cases?
  13. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 06:18
    Wow, when I posted the question whether a twig or a leaf, I didn't expect the discussion would go THIS far! Well, a friend of mine said apparently the dove brought back a leaf which was on a twig. Don't know if anyone can verify for sure. I'm also wondering that if everything died during the flood, whether the olive could have survived it. If it didn't, whether it could grow back again that fast (150 days more or less, give and take). But of course the days and nights during the biblical era might have been different, I don't know. I'm also wondering that if all of us came from Noah's offspring, then how did we all end up with different colours, built, looks etc? Even allowing for evolution into different subspicies of the human race, it's still hard to fathom.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 11:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    "Seven of the clean spieces" is correct. The raven, however, is part of the fowl group, not the clean spieces group. Fowls, too, were gathered in sevens, however.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Aug '06 11:50
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Am not very well versed with biblical issues. Am just trying to verify that story about Noah and his Ark. Was told that it rained for 40 days & nights. Then waited 150 days for flood to subside. Then a RAVEN was sent off (don't know what happened to it!). Then a dove was sent off. Then a second dove sent off after 7 days. When it came back to the Ark, what ...[text shortened]... f? Which is the correct one according to the bible? Can anyone help me out to verify this? Thx.
    Then a RAVEN was sent off (don't know what happened to it!).
    The raven continued going back and forth between the ark and the water, not able to find a resting place. Here, from Genesis 8:7:

uishlch
    and-he-is-sending
    ath eorb
    the-raven
    uitza
    and-he-is-faring-forth
    itzua
    faring-forth
    ushub
    and-returning
    od
    until
    ibshth
    to-dry
    emim
    the-waters
    mol
    from-on
    eartz
    the-land

When it came back to the Ark, what was it that it brought back? Some people said it brought back a twig from a tree; some said an olive leaf? Which is the correct one according to the bible?
    Here's part of Genesis 8:11:
    uene
    and-behold!
    ole
    leaf-of
    zith
    olive
    trph
    being-torn-off
    bphie
    in-the-mouth-of-her

That should clear up your curiosity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree