1. Standard memberabnoxio
    M.U.T.I
    Joined
    16 Oct '07
    Moves
    4028
    14 Feb '08 23:36
    According to the U.S. Biblical scholar, Morton Smith, of Columbia University, a fragment of manuscript he found at the Mar Saba monastery near Jerusalem in 1958, showed that the full text of St. Mark chapter 10 (between verses 34 and 35 in the standard version of the Bible) contains a passage which includes the following text. --

    "And the youth, looking upon him (Jesus), loved him and beseeched that he might remain with him. And going out of the tomb, they went into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days, Jesus instructed him and, at evening, the youth came to him wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God".

    Interesting.
  2. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    89724
    14 Feb '08 23:42
    He batted for both.
  3. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    14 Feb '08 23:43
    Originally posted by abnoxio
    Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God".
    I wonder what that is a euphemism for.
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    3178
    15 Feb '08 00:11
    Originally posted by abnoxio
    According to the U.S. Biblical scholar, Morton Smith, of Columbia University, a fragment of manuscript he found at the Mar Saba monastery near Jerusalem in 1958, showed that the full text of St. Mark chapter 10 (between verses 34 and 35 in the standard version of the Bible) contains a passage which includes the following text. --

    "And the youth, looking ...[text shortened]... with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God".

    Interesting.
    You are a pervert mind. They were playing chess... nothing more
  5. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    15 Feb '08 00:15
    Originally posted by serigado
    They were playing chess... nothing more
    I wonder what opening Jesus used.
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    3178
    15 Feb '08 00:29
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I wonder what opening Jesus used.
    Bishop's Opening. Jesus trusts in his lackeys to do the job.
  7. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    15 Feb '08 00:34
    Originally posted by serigado
    Bishop's Opening. Jesus trusts in his lackeys to do the job.
    Now we know why Jesus told his disciples to leave their wives and follow him.
  8. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    15 Feb '08 04:51
    Teenage silliness!
  9. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    15 Feb '08 04:541 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Teenage silliness!
    What teenager alive today was also doing field research in 1958?
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    15 Feb '08 05:01
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    What teenager alive today was also doing field research in 1958?
    What's this, a riddle?
  11. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    9905
    15 Feb '08 05:34
    Originally posted by abnoxio
    According to the U.S. Biblical scholar, Morton Smith, of Columbia University, a fragment of manuscript he found at the Mar Saba monastery near Jerusalem in 1958, showed that the full text of St. Mark chapter 10 (between verses 34 and 35 in the standard version of the Bible) contains a passage which includes the following text. --

    "And the youth, looking ...[text shortened]... with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God".

    Interesting.
    Does it matter if he was? Jesus being gay shouldn't change anything for religious Christians (but it would).

    And anyway... I don't interpret it that way.
  12. Standard memberabnoxio
    M.U.T.I
    Joined
    16 Oct '07
    Moves
    4028
    15 Feb '08 13:54
    Originally posted by UzumakiAi
    Does it matter if he was? Jesus being gay shouldn't change anything for religious Christians (but it would).

    And anyway... I don't interpret it that way.
    It would be so much easier for Christians and Christianity if they could somehow accept homosexuality. I know that some very liberal sects have, but when you do you have no choice to to stray from a literal interpretation of scripture. Which is probably a good idea anyway.
  13. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    16 Feb '08 00:57
    Originally posted by abnoxio
    According to the U.S. Biblical scholar, Morton Smith, of Columbia University, a fragment of manuscript he found at the Mar Saba monastery near Jerusalem in 1958, showed that the full text of St. Mark chapter 10 (between verses 34 and 35 in the standard version of the Bible) contains a passage which includes the following text. --

    "And the youth, looking ...[text shortened]... with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God".

    Interesting.
    These verses do not suggest anything gay. As with gnostic texts, one which claims that Jesus kissed Mary Magdalene on the lips, the sexual innuendo actually represents a spiritual intimacy. In this passage, the sexual connotation suggests roundaboutly that Jesus conveyed unique spiritual knowledge denied to other disciples.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    16 Feb '08 15:061 edit
    Originally posted by abnoxio
    It would be so much easier for Christians and Christianity if they could somehow accept homosexuality. I know that some very liberal sects have, but when you do you have no choice to to stray from a literal interpretation of scripture. Which is probably a good idea anyway.
    Why are you suggesting the "easier" way should be taken? We know that the way of discipleship will not be easy.
  15. Standard memberabnoxio
    M.U.T.I
    Joined
    16 Oct '07
    Moves
    4028
    16 Feb '08 15:10
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    These verses do not suggest anything gay. As with gnostic texts, one which claims that Jesus kissed Mary Magdalene on the lips, the sexual innuendo actually represents a spiritual intimacy. In this passage, the sexual connotation suggests roundaboutly that Jesus conveyed unique spiritual knowledge denied to other disciples.
    Yes it's true that apocryphal and gnostic texts are up for interpretation, just as the canonical. But my question is why are the canonical taken seriously while most mainstream Christians view these texts ( apocryphal and gnostic ,as well as gospels that were tossed out such as the Gospel of Thomas, Gospel of Peter....etc) as heresy? Because of the Council of Nicaea's decision? Do people even understand this? Perhaps, and I find it likely, that Christianity started early a gnostic sect. And chips.
Back to Top