1. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 22:32
    Originally posted by chaney3
    It is my belief that significant books were excluded from the Bible at the time of its creation, the council of Nicea.

It is likely that documents prove that Jesus was married, and should have been in the Bible.

But, men, priests, of that era had their own agenda.

We now don't know the full story or the complete truth.
    It is my belief that significant books were excluded from the Bible at the time of its creation, the council of Nicea. It is likely that documents prove that Jesus was married, and should have been in the Bible.

What books would that be and why do you believe that they would have anything to do with whether or not Jesus was married?
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 22:34
    The Bible does not say that Jesus was married.

The Bible does not say that Jesus was single.

This issue has been interpreted by those to fit their own agenda. Priests for example would fight to have Jesus being single and sex-free, lest their mission crumbles.

I personally don't have any problems with Jesus being married. He was a human man.
    What is your agenda?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 00:46
    How did one get the title rabbi?

What did it mean?

What did rabbis believe about the food laws? Did rabbis follow them and believe they were important?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 00:48
    Originally posted by leunammi
    What is your agenda?
    Liberal trying to conform Christianity to his beliefs. Throw those verses out here add new verses there and now you have the Bible he likes.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 06:31

This issue has been interpreted by those to fit their own agenda. Priests for example would fight to have Jesus being single and sex-free, lest their mission crumbles.

I personally don't have any problems with Jesus being married. He was a human man.
    He was also God.

He was complete, and had no need for a wife.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 06:33
    Originally posted by Eladar
    How did one get the title rabbi?

What did it mean?

What did rabbis believe about the food laws? Did rabbis follow them and believe they were important?
    One idea might be to not rely on a Forum on an internet website for your education.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 06:371 edit
    It is my belief that significant books were excluded from the Bible at the time of its creation, the council of Nicea.

It is likely that documents prove that Jesus was married, and should have been in the Bible.

But, men, priests, of that era had their own agenda.

We now don't know the full story or the complete truth.
    It is not necessary for Jesus' mission to be fulfilled by either being married, or even advertising it.

It might have been mentioned, en passant, in the Bible were it true.

We know all we need to know for salvation.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 08:51
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    If Jesus had been married, the Bible would have told us so, or there would be some unambiguous statement to that fact. Scripture would not be completely silent on such an important issue. The Bible mentions Jesus’ mother, adoptive father, half-brothers, and half-sisters. Why would it neglect to mention the fact that Jesus had a wife? Those who believe/te ...[text shortened]... , and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

https://gotquestions.org/was-Jesus-married.html
    Good post.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 08:57

There is no reason why Jesus couldn't have taken a wife, but if Jesus was married it would have been mentioned in the bible. However look at the evidence of his life as depicted in the Bible:

In practicality...
    "A man of sorrows" who knew his destiny which was to die
    A man on a mission who gave up his job to preach
    A man who had no home, not even a place to rest his head

In his deity...
    Looking forward to his spiritual bride

He wasn't married.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 11:07
    On what basis do you believe it was likely? Guesswork?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 12:05
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    One idea might be to not rely on a Forum on an internet website for your education.
    You are such an arrogant idiot.

You missed my point completely. Fits being a libtard.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 23:091 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    You are such an arrogant idiot.

You missed my point completely. Fits being a libtard.
    What?

Your post consisted of four questions, none of which I have any reason to think you knew the answer to. In fact, it's highly likely you don't.

This is not the place to continue your education, that's all I'm saying.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 23:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There is no reason why Jesus couldn't have taken a wife, but if Jesus was married it would have been mentioned in the bible. However look at the evidence of his life as depicted in the Bible:

In practicality...
    "A man of sorrows" who knew his destiny which was to die
    A man on a mission who gave up his job to preach
    A man who had no home, not even ...[text shortened]... o rest his head

In his deity...
    Looking forward to his spiritual bride

He wasn't married.
    Yes, too right.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 23:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    He was also God.

He was complete, and had no need for a wife.
    Your statement that Jesus is God is only your opinion. You have no proof of that.

Jesus was a human man, and could have been married. As I have pointed out, the Bible does not mention it either way.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 03:23
    Originally posted by leunammi
    What is the evidence that supports that Jesus was married, a scrap of papyrus? It's not in the bible. The bible does speak of marriage and multiplying, however it also does speak about remaining unmarried also, although this is mainly in the NT.

I think the command to go forth and multiply is not dependent on doing so by a certain age, is it? Jesus was around 30-33 when crucified, was he supposed to be married before then?
    No one knows what happened to him for 30 years. My theory is that he married an Indian chick for a while

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree