1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 18:49
    I mean...

Did anybody actually see him talk to God? You know.
    He goes up that mountain, comes down with 10 laws, says he's talked to someone nobody has ever seen...

Am I the only person who finds this a little dodgy? I mean...
    Say I go up a hill on my own and come down and tell you all that I've talked to God and that he's given me two new commandments for you.

11. Thou shallt stop wearing crosses, because it hurts Jesus' feelings
    12. When I say "Thou shallt not kill" that DOES include war...

Say I came down with the supplemental commandments and told you I'd had a wee natter with the big yin. Talked about the weather, the fires of hell and God's irritation at over-fishing in the North Sea.
    Wouldn't you like say: "Hey....wait a minute...."

Wouldn't you sort of like question my sanity? Would you believe me?

Anyways, didn't anyone close to Moses tap their head and say: "Desert fatigue." or something?
    Surely there must have been one or two followers of Moses who thought: "Yeah. Right. He's a nice chap is Moses alright, but this time he's really lost his marbles!"
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 18:53
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I mean...

He goes up that mountain, comes down with 10 laws, says he's talked to someone nobody has ever seen...

Say I go up a hill on my own and come down and tell you all that I've talked to God and that he's given me two new comm ...[text shortened]... "Yeah. Right. He's a nice chap is Moses alright, but this time he's really lost his marbles!"

I would believe you Shavix, and after that I would take you on a nice long walk through the garden ......
  3. London
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 18:59
    I mean...

Say I go up a hill on my own and come down and tell you all that I've talked to God and that he's given me two new comm ...[text shortened]... "Yeah. Right. He's a nice chap is Moses alright, but this time he's really lost his marbles!"
    I'm sure they did. But after bringing down 10 plagues on Egypt, parting the Red Sea while a column of fire held back the entire Egyptian army and subsequently leading them through the desert where he brought water out of rocks (several times) and let them have fresh food every morning - I'd think most people would've let the man be. 🙂
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 19:00
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    I'm sure they did. But after bringing down 10 plagues on Egypt, parting the Red Sea while a column of fire held back the entire Egyptian army and subsequently leading them through the desert where he brought water out of rocks (several times) and let them have fresh food every morning - I'd think most people would've let the man be. 🙂
    Haha

Nice one!
  5. London
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 19:05
    Haha

Nice one!
    😀

On a more serious note:

Exodus 4

"1
    "But," objected Moses, "suppose they will not believe me, nor listen to my plea? For they may say, 'The LORD did not appear to you.'"
    The LORD therefore asked him, "What is that in your hand?" "A staff," he answered.
    The LORD then said, "Throw it on the ground." When he threw it on the ground it was changed into a serpent, and Moses shied away from it.
    "Now, put out your hand," the LORD said to him, "and take hold of its tail." So he put out his hand and laid hold of it, and it became a staff in his hand.
    "This will take place so that they may believe," he continued, "that the LORD, the God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, did appear to you."
    Again the LORD said to him, "Put your hand in your bosom." He put it in his bosom, and when he withdrew it, to his surprise his hand was leprous, like snow.
    The LORD then said, "Now, put your hand back in your bosom." Moses put his hand back in his bosom, and when he withdrew it, to his surprise it was again like the rest of his body.
    "If they will not believe you, nor heed the message of the first sign, they should believe the message of the second.
    And if they will not believe even these two signs, nor heed your plea, take some water from the river and pour it on the dry land. The water you take from the river will become blood on the dry land."
    Then Moses and Aaron went and assembled all the elders of the Israelites.
    Aaron told them everything the LORD had said to Moses, and he performed the signs before the people.
    The people believed, and when they heard that the LORD was concerned about them and had seen their affliction, they bowed down in worship. "
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 19:16
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    😀

On a more serious note:

Exodus 4

"1
    "But," objected Moses, "suppose they will not believe me, nor listen to my plea? For they may say, 'The LORD did not appear to you.'"
    The LORD therefore asked him, "What is that in your hand?" "A staff," he answered.
    The LORD then said, "Throw it on the ground." When he threw i ...[text shortened]... the LORD was concerned about them and had seen their affliction, they bowed down in worship. "
    That was a serious note?

I've read better scripts written by drug addicts high on petrol fumes...
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Mar '05 19:33
    That was a serious note?

I've read better scripts written by drug addicts high on petrol fumes...
    Read? I thought you wrote them!

P

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree