Was Religion a Black African Invention?

Was Religion a Black African Invention?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Aug 11

How many believe that the Black race were the first humans?
Do evolutionist believe that all humans evolved from the Black race?
Did all modern religions evolve from the Black Africans?

&feature=fvwp&NR=1

&NR=1&feature=fvwp

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
17 Aug 11

Originally posted by RJHinds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucawazomgGA&feature=fvwp&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLeIEvAOkyY&NR=1&feature=fvwp
it's quiet likely that humans evolved from the black species, but this is information that neither requires nor warrants "belief," it is something that is simply understood to be true according to our current observational abilities and advancement in the disciplines of science involved in the study of such things.

i don't think all modern religions evolved from africans. we can probably attribute the primitive ancestral religions to them. by the way, i don't consider christianity to be a "modern" religion. it is also quiet primitive, though not as primitive as ancestral worship.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Aug 11

It's too bad the video quality was so poor on the first video, obviously taken from a VCR recording, you can see the jumpiness in the bottom of the images and the very low res images and poor sound makes it hard or impossible to read anything there.

I am surprised you would put up anything that refutes christianity. I have put up similar posts before. Christianity is just warmed over earlier religions like Horus.

Now you know.

j

Moves
17 Aug 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
It's too bad the video quality was so poor on the first video, obviously taken from a VCR recording, you can see the jumpiness in the bottom of the images and the very low res images and poor sound makes it hard or impossible to read anything there.

I am surprised you would put up anything that refutes christianity. I have put up similar posts before. Christianity is just warmed over earlier religions like Horus.

Now you know.
Back to Jesus the Copycat religion ?

==========================
===========================

Shattering the Christ Myth J. P. Holding

The Jesus Myth

&feature=related

Zietgeist Exposed 8 part video

&feature=related

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
17 Aug 11
2 edits

Originally posted by jaywill
Back to Jesus the Copycat religion ?
actually, a copycat of a copycat of a.... abrahamic/mosaic/judaic religions aren't exactly original either, they copied from babylon.
babylonian religion wasn't original either! they copied from sumerian. we can't go back further than sumeria, but their writings indicate that they copied from whatever now extinct and lost civilization that existed before them.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
17 Aug 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
it's quiet likely that humans evolved from the black species, but this is information that neither requires nor warrants "belief," it is something that is simply understood to be true according to our current observational abilities and advancement in the disciplines of science involved in the study of such things.

i don't think all modern religions ev ...[text shortened]... ern" religion. it is also quiet primitive, though not as primitive as ancestral worship.
"The black species"?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Aug 11
1 edit

No, no, no

Everyone evolved from the Sandawe, who are brown. Egyptians went north and black Africans went west.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Aug 11
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse

Now you know.
I was wondering if Atheists and evolutionists would accept these ideas
as true. You, apparently would prefer to believe these ideas are true
rather than to believe Christianity is true. So I suppose you believe the
common ancestor for mankind is the Black African. Religion then started
with the Black man and was carried to other parts of the world as mankind
migrated. The religious ideas were distorted or changed in different ways
among the different peoples as they moved from place to place. Do I have
your beliefs on this subject correct?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Aug 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit

i don't think all modern religions ev ...[text shortened]... ern" religion. it is also quiet primitive, though not as primitive as ancestral worship.
Do you believe that the Black Africans could have started the first religion?
Could that religion be the common ancestor that led to all the different
religions we see today?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Aug 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
No, no, no

Everyone evolved from the Sandawe, who are brown. Egyptians went north and black Africans went west.
Can you give any reference that supports your belief that the first
humans were Sandawe and that they started the first religion?

Cape Town

Moves
17 Aug 11

First of all, there is no such thing as 'the Black race'. If we divide humans into groups according to their genetic profiles, there will be a number of groups with black skin, several of which are in Africa. The differences between some of the people in Africa are greater than the differences between some of those groups and people from other parts of the world.

The current evidence regarding evolution, is the humans evolved in Africa, and probably had black skin. But that does not mean the current black skinned people are the ancestors of everyone else. Rather, we are all cousins with a common ancestor. There is no good reason to call the common ancestor 'the black race' as it was the only 'race' at the time, and although their skin was black, they have as much in common with Europeans as with the various peoples of Africa.

It is not easy to simply say a religion 'evolved'. Various modern religions started in different ways. Some started very suddenly (Christianity and Islaam started with single people) but most religions take concepts from previous religions, so one could say they are evolving. But whether these concepts can be traced back continuously to the time we had a common ancestor, I rather doubt.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
17 Aug 11

Do you believe that the Black Africans could have started the first religion?
Could that religion be the common ancestor that led to all the different
religions we see today?
personally, i don't "believe" anything. as i said before, belief is not a necessary function. according to latest archeological evidence, to the best of our knowledge, the earliest human settlements have been found in ethiopia dating to the paleolithic era (stone age). it would be an intuitive process to suggest religion began there.

however, the earliest detectable religious practices may be attributed to the neanderthals. this is disputed among the scientific community but they were the first to bury their dead with reverence. whoever was the first, earliest religious practices seem to have originated in the middle paleolithic era and involved totemism and ancestral worship.

more robust religious practices (what you may refer to as 'modern'😉, involving supernatural beings (or technologically advanced aliens!) and seem to have originated in the middle east during the birth of the earliest human civilizations.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
17 Aug 11

It is most likely that religion lasted as long as humans were sentient (regardless of race), evolving from basic superstitions. We all effectively started as a single race anyway.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Aug 11

My understanding is that the earliest evidence for modern humans comes from coastal South Africa - Klasies River Mouth and Pinnacle Point are the two sites that leap immediately to mind. These push our origins, as I recall, back to around 150,000 years ago (very approximate dating).

As to skin colour, I see no reason to suspect that we originated with black skin colouring, although of course it is possible. Dark skin colouring seems more likely to me however to have arisen as an adaptation to tropical environment.

Cape Town

Moves
17 Aug 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
As to skin colour, I see no reason to suspect that we originated with black skin colouring, although of course it is possible. Dark skin colouring seems more likely to me however to have arisen as an adaptation to tropical environment.
Dark skin colouring is almost certain.
1. We originated in Africa, and it would be a significant advantage (if not a requirement).
2. The genetics surrounding skin colour suggest that lighter skinned peoples have mutations that result in lighter colours and that the original genes are for dark skin..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skin_color#Evolution_of_skin_color

There is of course considerable variation even amongst the people in Africa. I can usually recognize if someone comes from the Congo or further north as their skin is typically much darker.