Was Religion a Black African Invention?

Was Religion a Black African Invention?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
17 Aug 11

Neither God or Jesus Christ is a religion.
He is a living Person.

I don't care who has the questionable dignity of "inventing" religion first.

Z

Moves
17 Aug 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
actually, a copycat of a copycat of a.... abrahamic/mosaic/judaic religions aren't exactly original either, they copied from babylon.
babylonian religion wasn't original either! they copied from sumerian. we can't go back further than sumeria, but their writings indicate that they copied from whatever now extinct and lost civilization that existed before them.
maybe instead of copying, they all glimpsed the truth? have you thought of that?😀

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Aug 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
Dark skin colouring is almost certain.
1. We originated in Africa, and it would be a significant advantage (if not a requirement).
2. The genetics surrounding skin colour suggest that lighter skinned peoples have mutations that result in lighter colours and that the original genes are for dark skin..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skin_color#Evol ...[text shortened]... ognize if someone comes from the Congo or further north as their skin is typically much darker.
Good call. Although on consideration, I'd bet bushman black rather than equatorial as the original.

Cape Town

Moves
17 Aug 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Good call. Although on consideration, I'd bet bushman black rather than equatorial as the original.
I agree.
Which suggests that Australian aborigines who are also very dark evolved the extra black separately from the equatorial Bantu.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Aug 11
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
I was wondering if Atheists and evolutionists would accept these ideas
as true. You, apparently would prefer to believe these ideas are true
rather than to believe Christianity is true. So I suppose you believe the
common ancestor for mankind is the Black African. Religion then started
with the Black man and was carried to other parts of the world as ...[text shortened]... ent peoples as they moved from place to place. Do I have
your beliefs on this subject correct?
We know from genetic studies mankind originated in Africa. Why do you call them the
Black Species? If you are assuming the Black Species is a different species from the "white Species" you need to back up and think that one through a bit better.
That does not prove religion originated with either group.

There were other primates around long before modern man and religion could just as easily started with them. For instance, Neandertals had bigger brains than modern humans and could just as easily invented some kind of religion, which I would identify with anything they think supernatural, such as animal worship, ancestor worship, shamanism, whatever. Obviously neandertals would not have done an organized religion like modern humans but it would still have been religion.

My concept of religion is that it doesn't matter the origins of christianity, if it came from the Horus religion or not, all the progenitor religions are just as full of shyte as christianity.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Aug 11

Originally posted by jaywill
Neither God or Jesus Christ is a religion.
He is a living Person.

I don't care who has the questionable dignity of "inventing" religion first.
Shouldn't that read -

I believe He is a living person?!

Moves
17 Aug 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
How many believe that the Black race were the first humans?
Do evolutionist believe that all humans evolved from the Black race?
Did all modern religions evolve from the Black Africans?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucawazomgGA&feature=fvwp&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLeIEvAOkyY&NR=1&feature=fvwp
In biological terms there is no such thing as 'race'.

Evolutionary theory says that there would have been one population of pre-humans
that evolved into modern humans. This population would have then grown and
diversified, to suit the new habitats they colonised, into the human population
you see today.

The evidence we have, both fossil and genetic is that we originated in Africa.

Thus your very distant human ancestors were very likely black.

Black skin both being a useful adaptation to living in hot sunny climates and is
present in the Great Apes today that descended from the same common ancestor.

As to whether they had spiritual beliefs and ideas that spread with them and
over time formed the basis of modern religions... Quite probably... but not an area
I know much about.

j

Moves
17 Aug 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Shouldn't that read -

I believe He is a living person?!
Quite right. I believe He is a living Person.

But if I didn't believe He was He would be anyway.
But His living would not be of much benefit to my salvation because I do not believe.

That He is a living God is truth. It is " true truth."

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Aug 11
3 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
First of all, there is no such thing as 'the Black race'. If we divide humans into groups according to their genetic profiles, there will be a number of groups with black skin, several of which are in Africa. The differences between some of the people in Africa are greater than the differences between some of those groups and people from other parts of th ts can be traced back continuously to the time we had a common ancestor, I rather doubt.
Generally when someone refers to the black African race they mean the race associated with the populations that speak Niger-Congo languages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger_Congo

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Aug 11
4 edits

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
My understanding is that the earliest evidence for modern humans comes from coastal South Africa - Klasies River Mouth and Pinnacle Point are the two sites that leap immediately to mind. These push our origins, as I recall, back to around 150,000 years ago (very approximate dating).

As to skin colour, I see no reason to suspect that we originated ...[text shortened]... louring seems more likely to me however to have arisen as an adaptation to tropical environment.
mtDNA studies, genetic diversity studies and linguistic studies suggest the Sandawe going even farther back than 150k. South Africa was the first ethnic division between Khoi and San peoples.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_L0_(mtDNA)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8027269.stm