1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 May '07 18:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So looking back on all these posts, was god lonely? As maybe the reason you think it creaated the universe?
    I think probably, as far as what we humans call "lonely" somehow reflects a feeling of the Creator in Whose image we are created.

I don't think the Creator is a mere force or power or an "it". I use to think that. But I changed my concept when it became apparent to me that God was someone I could open my heart to and commune with as a heavenly Father.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '07 22:00
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I think probably, as far as what we humans call "lonely" somehow reflects a feeling of the Creator in Whose image we are created.

I don't think the Creator is a mere force or power or an "it". I use to think that. But I changed my concept when it became apparent to me that God was someone I could open my heart to and commune with as a heavenly Father.
    But that is a one way flow, a thought from you to the void and you have to say to yourself, something like this: Ah, when I talked to god, there was lighting and thunder so that was it's answer or When I talked to God and bared my heart, an eagle flew by, so obviously that was it's answer. You can never say, I talked to god, bared my soul and he answered me, TOM, I hear you, here is what I want you to do.....
    See the diferance?
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 May '07 12:02
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    "But that is a one way flow,
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That is not my experience at all. "Abide in Me and I in you"
    is mutual.

You may have a concept of blind faith based on strong will power to just speak to some dark void. But this could simply be your expectation.

Whenever I feel that God is not listening or not responding to my prayers it is usually a problem with my need to confess certain hidden and cherished sins that I am unwilling to ask forgiveness for.

When the conscience is cleansed before God in the blood of Jesus it is not usually a matter of speaking to a void at all. There is communion and there is faith and there is God's speaking to my spirit in His own way. And there is answer to prayer that is according to His will.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    a thought from you to the void and you have to say to yourself, something like this: Ah, when I talked to god, there was lighting and thunder so that was it's answer or When I talked to God and bared my heart, an eagle flew by, so obviously that was it's answer.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Perhaps you're speaking from your own experience.

The Bible takes care to show the distinction between Faith and Presumption. That is why we have books like Judges. That is why we see a record of experiences of Aaron and Moses and David. Thier presumption was not always faith.

I think you vastly underestimate the care that God has taken to teach believers in Him the difference between presumption, superstition, and real faith. I have had personal experiences of how God led me to discern the difference between genuine faith and superstitious presumption. It is a growth process.

Throwing up your hands and assuming that faith in God is all superstitious is not the way to progress spiritually.

++++++++++++++++++++++=
    You can never say, I talked to god, bared my soul and he answered me, TOM, I hear you, here is what I want you to do.....
    See the diferance?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

Sure I can say that God speaks to me and has spoken to me. This should be normal and not an enigma. This should be quite normal that a person have God's speaking to them.

It is just that it will not occur audibly or superstitiously. And it is a growth process learning to discern the speaking of the Holy Spirit.

A good place to start to learn is right here:

Learn to confess your sins as soon as you become aware of them. Don't wait. Don't put it off. Ask that the blood of Jesus would cleanse you of your sins.

Confess your wrong doings that you become aware of right away. Believe that as God said the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sins. Thank God for forgiveness in Christ.

The cleaner and clearer your conscience is before God the more sensative your intuition will become. And then you will have no problem in growing on and on in the discerning of the speaking of the Holy Spirit.

It is very intimate and personal. And it should be a normal experience of the believer in Christ. It should not be extraordinary or novel. Communion with the Savior and with the heavenly Father should be quite normal and day to day.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 May '07 11:01
    The cleaner and clearer your conscience is before God the more sensative your intuition will become. And then you will have no problem in growing on and on in the discerning of the speaking of the Holy Spirit.

So your conscience is perfectly clear and you have this running conversation with your god? God, please let me win the lottery,
    Ok, you can win the lottery but meet me halfway, buy a ticket.

Kinda like that?
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 May '07 13:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse

So your conscience is perfectly clear and you have this running conversation with your god? God, please let me win the lottery,
    Ok, you can win the lottery but meet me halfway, buy a ticket.

Kinda like that?
    If I win the lottery you can have the whole thing.

Unfortunately, you'll feel just as empty after you spend it all.

More kinda like that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree