they don't fit in your hand
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 23:381 edit
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    Ah, but wait, knives.... wait, did God create the knife???

Maybe the dinosaurs ate the watermelons.....

😛😞🙄
  3. The sky
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 23:38
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Maybe the dinosaurs ate the watermelons.....

😛😞🙄
    Or the giants.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 23:42
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Or the giants.
    LOL! True true!! 😉
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 00:45
    They used to - before SIN ENTERED THE WORLD!!!! 😲

And God said unto them, "Fine, if you like apples so much, then cursed art the watermelons for thy sake; in the heat of the sun shalt thou toil to carry their unwieldy shape."
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 11:41
    Thats because God made them for Dodos to eat. (Ice Age - the movie).
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 15:43
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Thats because God made them for Dodos to eat. (Ice Age - the movie).
    it would appear to me that if the shape of the human hand has ANYTHING to do with the shape of a banana, it is because we once were apes. it is likely that the apes hand evolved to grow a thumb so it could grasp things such as bananas and tree branches. it's a chicken and egg thing, the banana was not made to fit it's consumer, that would make no sense; the hand was made to fit the banana.
  8. Joined
    04 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 16:20
    it would appear to me that if the shape of the human hand has ANYTHING to do with the shape of a banana, it is because we once were apes. it is likely that the apes hand evolved to grow a thumb so it could grasp things such as bananas and tree branches. it's a chicken and egg thing, the banana was not made to fit it's consumer, that would make no sense; the hand was made to fit the banana.
    So, our hands will eventually be large enough to carry watermelons?
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 16:272 edits
    Originally posted by brobluto
    So, our hands will eventually be large enough to carry watermelons?
    i don't see that happening. it would seem to me that we are primarily evolving intellectually because of our innovations in technology, we don't need to evolve physically.
    edit: there may or may not be evidence for this, it's just a hypothesis i pulled out of my rear end.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Jun '08 06:17
    it's a chicken and egg thing, the banana was not made to fit it's consumer, that would make no sense; the hand was made to fit the banana.
    You are incorrect. Many fruit evolve specifically for the purpose of seed dispersal via consumers and thus do evolve to fit the consumers needs.
    However, bananas are eaten in the wild by a wild variety of animals including birds, elephants and monkeys. I don't see them as particularly suited to humans.
  11. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '08 23:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You are incorrect. Many fruit evolve specifically for the purpose of seed dispersal via consumers and thus do evolve to fit the consumers needs.
    However, bananas are eaten in the wild by a wild variety of animals including birds, elephants and monkeys. I don't see them as particularly suited to humans.
    really? i've never heard of that before
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 00:51
    really? i've never heard of that before
    Fruit generally are a dispersal method in their own right. The flesh of a fruit is the ovary wall of the plant (the little star thing at the bottom of most fruits was the flower). The flesh can be simply used to provide nutrients for the developing seed, yet often it is eaten by, for example, small mammals, which eat the fruit (and the seed), move somewhere else, then deficate the seed out. Thus the seed is dispersed in a new location, with a handy source of nutrients.
  13. At the Revolution
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 16:08
    All right, that comes across as a little desperate. There are a billion ways one can prove God does not exist without having to go to the produce section at Giant Eagle.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 22:39
    Originally posted by scherzo
    All right, that comes across as a little desperate. There are a billion ways one can prove God does not exist without having to go to the produce section at Giant Eagle.
    EV is making a parody of a Creationist video which claims that bananas prove the existence of God (of course, bananas are not natural - they were bred to their present form by humans).
  15. At the Revolution
    Moves
    16 Jun '08 23:03
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    EV is making a parody of a Creationist video which claims that bananas prove the existence of God (of course, bananas are not natural - they were bred to their present form by humans).
    To a certain extent. Bananas certainly never existed naturally as large as the usual variety is now. However, some smaller bananas are still being bred. Truth is, there are hundreds of species of edible banana, and most people are only exposed to one or two, not counting plantains.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree