1. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 18:04
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Emptying three boys of their blood in order to save the pope's life seems like sacrificing to me.
    They were promised a ducat. Seems like they sold their lives.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 19:11
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I said HIS political views.

Edit - And I don't care if you call ME a woman-hater or any other insult. I care when you insult whole cultures. Since you haven't retracted any of your statements, I'll keep having for you the contempt I save for xenophobes.
    'His' as in 'my', or 'his' as in 'the pope's'? Perhaps I misunderstood you some...

We have different cultures, haven't we? Different culture makes it so interesting to discuss our different views. That doesn't mean that the vatican culture, your, or mine, is better or worse, only different.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 19:121 edit
    Originally posted by gambit3
    They were promised a ducat. Seems like they sold their lives.
    Well, boys are boys... They were only 10 years of age.

When the pope gives orders, boys obey.
    I don't think the boys knew their lives were in any dangers. What would they do with their 1 ducat each, I wonder?
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 19:18
    'His' as in 'my', or 'his' as in 'the pope's'? Perhaps I misunderstood you some...

We have different cultures, haven't we? Different culture makes it so interesting to discuss our different views. That doesn't mean that the vatican culture, your, or mine, is better or worse, only different.
    FAIL

'His' as in the Italian historian, lawyer and...
  5. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 19:23
    Well, boys are boys... They were only 10 years of age.

When the pope gives orders, boys obey.
    I don't think the boys knew their lives were in any dangers. What would they do with their 1 ducat each, I wonder?
    Nothing was stated as to who made the promise. The statement seems to have the Pope in a coma at the time of the promise.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '08 19:42
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Nothing was stated as to who made the promise. The statement seems to have the Pope in a coma at the time of the promise.
    You seems to know more than we do. Please tell us more.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '08 10:00
    Originally posted by Mexico
    And two Very important lessons we're learned, albeit a tad late.

1. Drinking the blood of children doesn't help when dying,

2. children don't survive too well without said blood.
    meh, they thought they could turn lead(i mean Pb, i am not sure if i spelled it right) into gold. and the earth was a flat plate in balance on the back of an infinite tower of turtles.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree