1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 May '10 18:431 edit
    We all struggle...

We all struggle in chess games to identify and seize point in time spatial recognition of critical threats and opportunities; in daily life to make consistently sound practical decisions from positions of strength; within our individual spiritual quests to continue to seek and find reliable foundational bedrock upon which to forge belief and erect a secure palace/penthouse for ourselves and our families. Seems to me that it's primarily all about awakening and opening our eyes; learning by unlearning; locating an invincible anchor point of authority upon which to lock our confidence and pin both our temporal and eternal hope. Your viewpoint?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 May '10 19:10
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]We all struggle...

We all struggle in chess games to identify and seize point in time spatial recognition of critical threats and opportunities; in daily life to make consistently sound practical decisions from positions of strength; within our individual spiritual quests to continue to seek and find reliable foundational bedrock upon whic ...[text shortened]... y upon which to lock our confidence and pin both our temporal and eternal hope. Your viewpoint?[/b]
    Thank God the scope of my daily decisions revolves around whether to boot up the pc, play with the boy or visit next door to have a vent.
    Anything else would do my head in.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 May '10 23:03
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thank God the scope of my daily decisions revolves around whether to boot up the pc, play with the boy or visit next door to have a vent.
    Anything else would do my head in.
    That's part of the beauty of it... to each, his or her own.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 May '10 23:28
    That's part of the beauty of it... to each, his or her own.
    Then again since the new moon I've been feeling "weird".
    I just want to get in a car (which I dont have) fill it full of juice, and head out somewhere, anywhere.
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    22 May '10 23:38
    [b]We all struggle...

We all struggle in chess games to identify and seize point in time spatial recognition of critical threats and opportunities; in daily life to make consistently sound practical decisions from positions of strength; within our individual spiritual quests to continue to seek and find reliable foundational bedrock upon whic ...[text shortened]... y upon which to lock our confidence and pin both our temporal and eternal hope. Your viewpoint?[/b]
    Your point about “learning by unlearning” is a cogent one. I, however, relish much of what you have called “struggle”--maybe I would simply use the word “endeavor” (for lack of something more apt off the top of my head). To use your chess example (though I no longer play on here), I would much prefer an intensely played game in which I lose, to one in which I easily win; it is the play that I enjoy. The same with life, the same with matters “spiritual”. (And I’m not implying that you do not as well!)

That is not to say that I have no beliefs or convictions, only that I think that it is as important to continually challenge those beliefs and convictions--the “courage of one’s convictions” includes for me, always, the courage to actively challenge them (and have them challenged by others) as well. I try to remain aware and vigilant--of my own mental processes as well as what is going on around me. That is what is “bedrock” for me. Living is in the living, not the end--just as listening to (or playing) a symphony is not about the “outcome”, but the playing itself, the listening, and enjoying, itself.

I realize that you are not talking here strictly about the “outcome”. I understand that your Christian faith enriches your own living out of your own life here and now. I understand that that is part of the “symphony of living” for you, as well as influencing the concordances (in the sense of well-being) and discordances (in the sense of ill-being) that arise in life.

To put some (“spiritual” ) perspective on this: I come from a more Zen/Taoist perspective (though I do not strictly confine myself to any specific “camp“, as it were), in all matters mentioned above.

Be well.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '10 00:40
    Then again since the new moon I've been feeling "weird".
    I just want to get in a car (which I dont have) fill it full of juice, and head out somewhere, anywhere.
    Point of emphasis escape, conviction, destination, change of venue... what?
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 May '10 11:28
    If it's a struggle, you're doing it wrong. Life's a doddle if you're on the path.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '10 12:13
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    If it's a struggle, you're doing it wrong. Life's a doddle if you're on the path.
    In chess?
  9. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 May '10 12:53
    In chess?
    Yep. Chess is easy too, so long as you've made all the right moves.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '10 12:54
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Your point about “learning by unlearning” is a cogent one. I, however, relish much of what you have called “struggle”--maybe I would simply use the word “endeavor” (for lack of something more apt off the top of my head). To use your chess example (though I no longer play on here), I would much prefer an intensely played game in which I lose, to one ...[text shortened]... confine myself to any specific “camp“, as it were), in all matters mentioned above.

Be well.
    Thank you.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '10 12:571 edit
    Yep. Chess is easy too, so long as you've made all the right moves.
    1,426 right decisions constitute "a doddle if you're on the path"?
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 May '10 13:43
    1,426 right decisions constitute "a doddle if you're on the path"?
    From the numbers I'm guessing you're on about the chess part of your OP here. I'm probably not your best authority on that, to be honest
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '10 18:23
    From the numbers I'm guessing you're on about the chess part of your OP here. I'm probably not your best authority on that, to be honest
    Not about chess.... but rather about you and your opinion regarding the

thread's 'struggle' premise (1426 merely notes your present rhp rating).
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 May '10 01:09
    Point of emphasis escape, conviction, destination, change of venue... what?
    Conviction is the closest word.
    Definately not escape.

I'm not just making this up. Both me and my girlfriend kinda just "changed" (?) at the full moon.
    even if I stay on my chair , things will never be the same...
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 May '10 01:38
    Conviction is the closest word.
    Definately not escape.

I'm not just making this up. Both me and my girlfriend kinda just "changed" (?) at the full moon.
    even if I stay on my chair , things will never be the same...
    Struggle from darkness to light is the crux focus/topic of the thread. There's no

resistance to the dynamic of change which is implicit, inevitable and desirable

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree