"We dance..."

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
08 Oct 11
4 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
No one can dance and remain self conscious at the same time. Those that are dancing
are to be considered the happiest, for they have learnt to forget themselves.

Its not only something to ponder, but to peer into deeply.
Ignorance is bliss, eh?

Something to ponder very deeply. I'm reminded of the phrase just about every time someone attacks God or the Scriptures.

In the movie The Matrix, the character Cipher, chose to live out the rest of his life in a virtual reality because he much preferred it to the real world. The fake reality made him the happiest. He planned to live a lie; to dance; to forget himself.

The movie (correctly) didn't depict him as wise, but instead revealed him as a coward.

rc

Moves
08 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by sumydid
Ignorance is bliss, eh?

Something to ponder very deeply. I'm reminded of the phrase just about every time someone attacks God or the Scriptures.

In the movie The Matrix, the character Cipher, chose to live out the rest of his life in a virtual reality because he much preferred it to the real world. The fake reality made him the h ...[text shortened]... elf.

The movie (correctly) didn't depict him as wise, but instead revealed him as a coward.
firstly ignorance is bliss is your assertion not mine, you seem to be confusing not
being concerned with self and being in a state of ignorance, the two are not
synonymous.

Secondly i watched the first five minutes of the Matrix, decided that people with long
black Jackets blasting shotguns was not for Christians and went and did something
decidedly less boring instead.

lastly, please tell us what wisdom is, i know how i define it, i am just curious as you
seem to be an exponent of it.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
09 Oct 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
firstly ignorance is bliss is your assertion not mine, you seem to be confusing not
being concerned with self and being in a state of ignorance, the two are not
synonymous.

Secondly i watched the first five minutes of the Matrix, decided that people with long
black Jackets blasting shotguns was not for Christians and went and did something ...[text shortened]... what wisdom is, i know how i define it, i am just curious as you
seem to be an exponent of it.
Actually it was poet Thomas Gray that coined the phrase. And it is a proper boiling down of what you said, i.e. equating happiness with losing consciesness of the self.

I'm sorry you didn't care for the Matrix, which is an excellent Christian allegory.

And a wonderful contemporary evangelical tool.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Oct 11

Originally posted by rwingett
If there's any activity I truly detest in this life, it would be dancing.
then you have never danced! 🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Oct 11

Originally posted by rwingett
If there's any activity I truly detest in this life, it would be dancing.
What? You never got up on a Sunday morning and shook your arse to "Roadhouse Blues" by the Doors?

Dude ...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
What? You never got up on a Sunday morning and shook your arse to "Roadhouse Blues" by the Doors?

Dude ...
I'd rather do it to "Long Tall Glasses".

P.S. If you are not familiar with it here is a link to YouTube.

rc

Moves
09 Oct 11
2 edits

Originally posted by sumydid
Actually it was poet Thomas Gray that coined the phrase. And it is a proper boiling down of what you said, i.e. equating happiness with losing consciesness of the self.

I'm sorry you didn't care for the Matrix, which is an excellent Christian allegory.

And a wonderful contemporary evangelical tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXQozTxQSiE
i never stated that it was losing consciousness, that was your invention, i stated that
those who dance are not self concerned, there is a difference. What can i say dude,
violence is not my thang, not with weapons anyway.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Oct 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
I'd rather do it to "Long Tall Glasses".

P.S. If you are not familiar with it here is a link to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjsN7RbrsU0
I'm not doing links right now, but yeah, we have at least one thing in common 🙂

Cant help it sometimes, it's the best cure. You gotta let that energy flow around the body and loosen it up.

I'm not a big dancer, but I can see the benefit of it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Oct 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I'm not doing links right now, but yeah, we have at least one thing in common 🙂

Cant help it sometimes, it's the best cure. You gotta let that energy flow around the body and loosen it up.

I'm not a big dancer, but I can see the benefit of it.
I'm a private dancer. Ha, Ha.