"We"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
31 Oct 18

@suzianne said
Contrary to many in the British Isles, the Queen is not God.
What on Earth are you talking about? There is no one on the British Isles who thinks the queen is god.

Moves
31 Oct 18

@suzianne said
This is what makes Elohim plural.
Would care to back this up?

Moves
31 Oct 18

@suzianne said
Actually your quote supports my claim, for the Triune God is one God in three offices.
So not three distinct persons then?

Moves
31 Oct 18

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

The word Elohim possesses a plural intensive syntax and is singular in meaning.

And some scholars who DO read and translate ancient Hebrew
say that the Triune God was being indicated is logical.
Any attempt to say all such readers only do so because they know no Hebrew will fail as an effective argument.

I am awaiting a reply from JewsForJesus on ELohim and Genesis 1:26,27.
Does your view of the trinity involve 3 distinct persons?

T

Moves
31 Oct 18

@suzianne said
Actually your quote supports my claim, for the Triune God is one God in three offices. One God (singular verb), yet Hebrew plural masculine name.

The same is with chayim, one speaks of all life (plural) and yet one uses singular verb with it. As in "All life is..." This grammar example is not rare, nor nonsensical.
Evidently I needed to explicitly state it, but the the article should be read in its entirety. There's a lot more to it that the "small snippets" that I quoted.

T

Moves
31 Oct 18

@sonship said
@ThinkOfOne

The word Elohim possesses a plural intensive syntax and is singular in meaning.

And some scholars who DO read and translate ancient Hebrew
say that the Triune God was being indicated is logical.
Any attempt to say all such readers only do so because they know no Hebrew will fail as an effective argument.

I am awaiting a reply from JewsForJesus on ELohim and Genesis 1:26,27.
Read the entire article.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Oct 18

@divegeester said
Would care to back this up?
What kind of "backup" would suffice for you?

Elohim IS plural.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Oct 18

@divegeester said
So not three distinct persons then?
Offices, persons; to-may-to, to-mah-to.

Moves
31 Oct 18

@suzianne said
What kind of "backup" would suffice for you?

Elohim IS plural.
Something more than just you repeating your assertion.

Moves
31 Oct 18

@suzianne said
Offices, persons; to-may-to, to-mah-to.
Is that a yes or a no?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Oct 18

@divegeester said
Is that a yes or a no?
As you know, I've always claimed that you do see God as a trinity, no matter how you try to deny it.

Do you think that our Heavenly Father would have walked with Peter in Gethsemane as Jesus did, with equal effect? Could Jesus have appeared as "the Comforter" to equal effect? Could the Holy Spirit have directed Moses to lead his people out of Egypt as effectively as the "God of Abraham"?

So offices, persons... same thing. Throwing in caveats such as "distinct" to muddy the water fools no one.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Oct 18

@divegeester said
Something more than just you repeating your assertion.
It is what it is.

You're just like Metal Brain in Debates, who says "what's your source?" whenever he runs out of things to say but still wants to butt heads.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Oct 18

@divegeester

Does your view of the trinity involve 3 distinct persons?

You know what I have said.
And you should remember that I said we can borrow the word "Persons" to express such a mystery. But we should not stress "Persons" too far.

I use "Persons" because there is hardly any other human language word which will do.

I haven't changed my belief since the last two or three or four cycles when this came up between us.

Moves
31 Oct 18

@suzianne said
As you know, I've always claimed that you do see God as a trinity, no matter how you try to deny it.

Do you think that our Heavenly Father would have walked with Peter in Gethsemane as Jesus did, with equal effect? Could Jesus have appeared as "the Comforter" to equal effect? Could the Holy Spirit have directed Moses to lead his people out of Egypt as effectively as the ...[text shortened]... ces, persons... same thing. Throwing in caveats such as "distinct" to muddy the water fools no one.
Is that a yes or a no?

Moves
31 Oct 18

@suzianne said
It is what it is.

You're just like Metal Brain in Debates, who says "what's your source?" whenever he runs out of things to say but still wants to butt heads.
You are making a bold statement about one of the names of God. You need to back it up with more than a repost of your assertion or a deflection about some character in another forum.