1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 02:181 edit
    Warning: The following pictures may be disturbing to you.

In pictures: Israeli strike on Qana

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/5228392.stm

John
    Chapter 2
    1 On the third day there was a wedding 2 in Cana 3 in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there.
    Jesus and his disciples were also invited to the wedding.
    When the wine ran short, the mother of Jesus said to him, "They have no wine."
    4 (And) Jesus said to her, "Woman, how does your concern affect me? My hour has not yet come."
    His mother said to the servers, "Do whatever he tells you."
    5 Now there were six stone water jars there for Jewish ceremonial washings, each holding twenty to thirty gallons.
    Jesus told them, "Fill the jars with water." So they filled them to the brim.
    Then he told them, "Draw some out now and take it to the headwaiter." 6 So they took it.
    And when the headwaiter tasted the water that had become wine, without knowing where it came from (although the servers who had drawn the water knew), the headwaiter called the bridegroom
    and said to him, "Everyone serves good wine first, and then when people have drunk freely, an inferior one; but you have kept the good wine until now."
    Jesus did this as the beginning of his signs 7 in Cana in Galilee and so revealed his glory, and his disciples began to believe in him.
    8 9 After this, he and his mother, (his) brothers, and his disciples went down to Capernaum and stayed there only a few days.
    10 11 Since the Passover of the Jews was near, Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
    12 He found in the temple area those who sold oxen, sheep, and doves, 13 as well as the money-changers seated there.
    He made a whip out of cords and drove them all out of the temple area, with the sheep and oxen, and spilled the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables,
    and to those who sold doves he said, "Take these out of here, and stop making my Father's house a marketplace."
    14 His disciples recalled the words of scripture, "Zeal for your house will consume me."
    At this the Jews answered and said to him, "What sign can you show us for doing this?"
    Jesus answered and said to them, 15 "Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up."
    The Jews said, "This temple has been under construction for forty-six years, 16 and you will raise it up in three days?"
    But he was speaking about the temple of his body.
    Therefore, when he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they came to believe the scripture and the word Jesus had spoken.
    While he was in Jerusalem for the feast of Passover, many began to believe in his name when they saw the signs he was doing.
    But Jesus would not trust himself to them because he knew them all,
    and did not need anyone to testify about human nature. He himself understood it well.

http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/john/john2.htm
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 02:27
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    In pictures: Israeli strike on Qana
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/5228392.stm
    http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/john/john2.htm
    Besides geography, what's the connection? Just felt like posting some gore?
  3. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 02:40
    http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/revelation/revelation21.htm

Revelation
    Chapter 21
    1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2
    I also saw the holy city, a new Jerusalem, 3 coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, God's dwelling is with the human race. He will dwell with them and they will be his people 4 and God himself will always be with them (as their God).
    He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain, (for) the old order has passed away."
    The one who sat on the throne 5 said, "Behold, I make all things new." Then he said, "Write these words down, for they are trustworthy and true."
    He said to me, "They are accomplished. 6 I (am) the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give a gift from the spring of life-giving water.
    The victor 7 will inherit these gifts, and I shall be his God, and he will be my son.
    But as for cowards, 8 the unfaithful, the depraved, murderers, the unchaste, sorcerers, idol-worshipers, and deceivers of every sort, their lot is in the burning pool of fire and sulfur, which is the second death."
    9 One of the seven angels who held the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came and said to me, "Come here. I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb." 10
    He took me in spirit to a great, high mountain and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God.
    It gleamed with the splendor of God. Its radiance was like that of a precious stone, like jasper, clear as crystal.
    It had a massive, high wall, with twelve gates where twelve angels were stationed and on which names were inscribed, (the names) of the twelve tribes of the Israelites.
    There were three gates facing east, three north, three south, and three west.
    The wall of the city had twelve courses of stones as its foundation, on which were inscribed the twelve names of the twelve apostles 11 of the Lamb.
    12 The one who spoke to me held a gold measuring rod to measure the city, its gates, and its wall.
    The city was square, its length the same as (also) its width. He measured the city with the rod and found it fifteen hundred miles 13 in length and width and height.
    He also measured its wall: one hundred and forty-four cubits 14 according to the standard unit of measurement the angel used.
    15 The wall was constructed of jasper, while the city was pure gold, clear as glass.
    The foundations of the city wall were decorated with every precious stone; the first course of stones was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald,
    the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh hyacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.
    The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each of the gates made from a single pearl; and the street of the city was of pure gold, transparent as glass.
    16 I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God almighty and the Lamb.
    17 The city had no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gave it light, and its lamp was the Lamb.
    The nations will walk by its light, 18 and to it the kings of the earth will bring their treasure.
    During the day its gates will never be shut, and there will be no night there.
    The treasure and wealth of the nations will be brought there,
    but nothing unclean will enter it, nor any (one) who does abominable things or tells lies. Only those will enter whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 02:43
    http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/revelation/revelation7.htm#v2

Reading 1
    Rev 7:2-4, 9-14

I, John, saw another angel come up from the East,
    holding the seal of the living God.
    He cried out in a loud voice to the four angels
    who were given power to damage the land and the sea,
    “Do not damage the land or the sea or the trees
    until we put the seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.”
    I heard the number of those who had been marked with the seal,
    one hundred and forty-four thousand marked
    from every tribe of the children of Israel.

After this I had a vision of a great multitude,
    which no one could count,
    from every nation, race, people, and tongue.
    They stood before the throne and before the Lamb,
    wearing white robes and holding palm branches in their hands.
    They cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation comes from our God, who is seated on the throne,
    and from the Lamb.”

All the angels stood around the throne
    and around the elders and the four living creatures.
    They prostrated themselves before the throne,
    worshiped God, and exclaimed:

“Amen. Blessing and glory, wisdom and thanksgiving,
    honor, power, and might
    be to our God forever and ever. Amen.”

Then one of the elders spoke up and said to me,
    “Who are these wearing white robes, and where did they come from?”
    I said to him, “My lord, you are the one who knows.”
    He said to me,
    “These are the ones who have survived the time of great distress;
    they have washed their robes
    and made them white in the Blood of the Lamb.”
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 02:46
    http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/ezekiel/ezekiel47.htm#v1

Ezekiel
    Chapter 47
    1 Then he brought me back to the entrance of the temple, and I saw water flowing out from beneath the threshold of the temple toward the east, for the facade of the temple was toward the east; the water flowed down from the southern side of the temple, south of the altar.
    He led me outside by the north gate, and around to the outer gate facing the east, where I saw water trickling from the southern side.
    Then when he had walked off to the east with a measuring cord in his hand, he measured off a thousand cubits and had me wade through the water, which was ankle-deep.
    He measured off another thousand and once more had me wade through the water, which was now knee-deep. Again he measured off a thousand and had me wade; the water was up to my waist.
    Once more he measured off a thousand, but there was now a river through which I could not wade; for the water had risen so high it had become a river that could not be crossed except by swimming.
    He asked me, "Have you seen this, son of man?" Then he brought me to the bank of the river, where he had me sit.
    Along the bank of the river I saw very many trees on both sides.
    He said to me, "This water flows into the eastern district down upon the Arabah, and empties into the sea, the salt waters, which it makes fresh.
    Wherever the river flows, every sort of living creature that can multiply shall live, and there shall be abundant fish, for wherever this water comes the sea shall be made fresh.
    2 Fishermen shall be standing along it from En-gedi to En-eglaim, spreading their nets there. Its kinds of fish shall be like those of the Great Sea, very numerous.
    Only its marshes and swamps shall not be made fresh; they shall be left for salt.
    Along both banks of the river, fruit trees of every kind shall grow; their leaves shall not fade, nor their fruit fail. Every month they shall bear fresh fruit, for they shall be watered by the flow from the sanctuary. Their fruit shall serve for food, and their leaves for medicine."
    3 Thus says the Lord GOD: These are the boundaries within which you shall apportion the land among the twelve tribes of Israel (Joseph having two portions).
    All of you shall have a like portion in this land which I swore to give to your fathers, that it might fall to you as your inheritance.
    This is the boundary of the land on the north side: from the Great Sea in the direction of Hethlon, past Labo of Hamath, to Zedad,
    Berothah, and Sibraim, along the frontiers of Hamath and Damascus, to Hazar-enon which is on the border of the Hauran.
    Thus the border shall extend from the sea to Hazar-enon, with the frontier of Hamath and Damascus to the north. This is the northern boundary.
    The eastern boundary: between the Hauran--toward Damascus--and Gilead on the one side, and the land of Israel on the other side, the Jordan shall form the boundary down to the eastern sea as far as Tamar. This is the eastern boundary.
    The southern boundary: from Tamar to the waters of Meribath-kadesh, thence to the Wadi of Egypt, and on to the Great Sea. This is the southern boundary.
    The western boundary: the Great Sea forms the boundary up to a point parallel to Labo of Hamath. This is the western boundary.
    You shall distribute this land among yourselves according to the tribes of Israel.
    You shall allot it as inheritances for yourselves and for the aliens resident in your midst who have bred children among you. The latter shall be to you like native Israelites; along with you they shall receive inheritances among the tribes of Israel.
    In whatever tribe the alien may be resident, there you shall assign him his inheritance, says the Lord GOD.
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 03:03
    Originally posted by David C
    Besides geography, what's the connection? Just felt like posting some gore?
    Not at all, David.
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 03:07
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Not at all, David.
    Is there a point you're trying to make.If there is I suggest you make it with a few less words.
  8. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 03:30
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Is there a point you're trying to make.If there is I suggest you make it with a few less words.
    End of Days, I suppose. Justification for Israeli atrocities, perhaps. A bored Dane, most likely.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 03:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 03:53
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    hi hi hi! i'm going to drink my coffee.
    Now that I think about it, Ivanhoe may be one of those morose Dutch. Same difference, right?
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 04:25
    The holy book of jennings chapter 1 verse 1: I am the lord sayeth I.
    I grant thee peace, I grant thee the way to the universe. I grant thee the right to reject me your god. I grant thee the right to have no other men tell you what god is about. I grant thee the right to live in peace with no other godly men to tell thee how to worship if that is thy wont.
    I speak to all mankind, I speak to every creature large and small, I have no need of intermediaries to hold you to ancient ritual and ancient hatred. I grant thee peace of mind, peace of body, peace of tail.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree