1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 12:07
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    better to live 70 years of wealth, lust and power than an eternity listening to harps and eveyone talking about how great god and heaven are down on jesus street
    Why do atheists think heaven is so boring with nothing to do all day?
    It's because you don't have an imagination. Except when it comes to reality. Then you imagine all sorts of things. Like evolution.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 12:33
    Originally posted by josephw
    It's because you don't have an imagination. Except when it comes to reality. Then you imagine all sorts of things. Like evolution.
    You watched ol' kenny boy's seminar, no?

The results he discussed aren't unusual - they are the norm. Evolution is backed by more evidence than oxygen.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 12:34
    Originally posted by josephw
    There are three things that the Bible tells us take place in heaven. Only three things that I know of. There will be worship. We will praise God a lot of the time. As you know, most people find worship today kind of boring and a drudgery. We can hope for better sermons in the next life. but then again, why have a sermon. Secondly, there will be community. We will be united with those we love and be in some sort of relationship with them and God. Now, some us have been cursed to be in relationship with Christians who are indeed boring, so it is not a stretch to wonder if it will be boring there as well. Finally, the last trait we know about heaven is that it will involve eating. That's right, food. If Emeril Legasse is in charge of the kitchen , it would go a long way to dispell the notion of heaven being boring.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 13:47
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    There are three things that the Bible tells us take place in heaven. Only three things that I know of. There will be worship. We will praise God a lot of the time. As you know, most people find worship today kind of boring and a drudgery. We can hope for better sermons in the next life. but then again, why have a sermon. Secondly, there will be comm ...[text shortened]... in charge of the kitchen , it would go a long way to dispell the notion of heaven being boring.
    Ha ha, kirksey, as always you made ma laugh, at least!

We can hope for better sermons in the next life. but then again, why have a sermon.

For me, this was a point! Why have a sermon?? You're in heaven! I mean, you obviously have a relationship with God! Unless, of course, heaven is like a giant celestial waiting room, which only asks more questions.....
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    14 Apr '07 17:58
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Ha ha, kirksey, as always you made ma laugh, at least!

[b]We can hope for better sermons in the next life. but then again, why have a sermon.

For me, this was a point! Why have a sermon?? You're in heaven! I mean, you obviously have a relationship with God! Unless, of course, heaven is like a giant celestial waiting room, which only asks more questions.....[/b]
    The liturgy would be high church, of course. “Bells and smells,” the thurifers swinging incense, soaring Bach fugues. A little swingin’ and dancin’ in the aisles. Holy fun, as a priest once put it.

No sermons.

All the water turns into vintage wine.

No sermons...

Well, okay, a little fire and brimstone preachin’ now and then, for those who would miss it...

Did I mention the water...?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree