1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 13:14
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Personally, I feel more in touch with reality now that I have discarded theism. Like I have discarded the intellectual crutches of my ancestors and accepted the universe on its own terms. Also, I feel freed from dogmatism. It is a great relief that nothing is 'holy' - I can doubt anyone. Any statement I want. Openly.
    This resonates with me a lot.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 22:58
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Thumbs Up is mine.
    Me too
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 20:07
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I really respect this point of view.
    Kudos!!

🙂
    Just got back to this; thanks Wolfie.

🙂
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '14 20:13
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I think you are a Christian. I don't think you have to be 100% sure to be considered a Christian. We can't be 100% sure of most things.

I am a former Christian who still respects certain tidbits in the Bible and the good works they have inspired (I know/knew many Christians that helped the poor, cared for the sick and the mentally challenged, etc.) bu ...[text shortened]... It is a great relief that nothing is 'holy' - I can doubt anyone. Any statement I want. Openly.
    I can understand the liberation you feel, however for me I don't want to be liberated, I want god to be real. Real in the personal sense not the 'actual' sense.

Part of the issue I have and you probably also experienced is that most of the sincere Christians I know are wonderful people living the life so to speak. However the level of commitment and breadth and depth of acceptance of biblical "truth" they demonstrate is quite inspiring and scary at the same time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree