1. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 21:16
    If its against then what about adam and eves children and noahs children. But if its for...then well thats horrible.

Also Im sure we would all look like that inbred kid of deliverance but be good banjo players.
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:24
    Originally posted by Will Everitt
    If its against then what about adam and eves children and noahs children. But if its for...then well thats horrible.
    Who did Cain marry?
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:26

Also Im sure we would all look like that inbred kid of deliverance but be good banjo players.
    Are you expecting serious replies to all these questions, or are you just having fun watching bible junkies go all abstinence on you?.. 🙂
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:301 edit
    Originally posted by stocken
    Are you expecting serious replies to all these questions, or are you just having fun watching bible junkies go all abstinence on you?.. 🙂
    Well They are just things that pop into my head i would like one true answer about them but then again they can create some inane conversation. Just little things that make me wonder.

[EDIT] I think i should just read Nordlys thread over and over again to understand religion.
  5. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:361 edit
    Well They are just things that pop into my head i would like one true answer about them but then again they can create some inane conversation. Just little things that make me wonder.
    They do, indeed. To apply logic to the bible is a futile and useless agenda. It can lead to no good. You have to just accept it the way it is, or view it metaphorically. Whichever works for you.

Literal interpretations of the bible cannot function in accordance with the logic of physical knowledge.
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:39
    Will Everitt: I think i should just read Nordlys thread over and over again to understand religion

Please don't do that. There are enough fundies out there.
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:43
    Will Everitt: I think i should just read Nordlys thread over and over again to understand religion

Please don't do that. There are enough fundies out there.
    Well i am 100% against the bible i just feel to argue against something you need to know about it and when i ask questions i get no answers i can only assume this is because there are none that are true.
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:44
    Well i am 100% against the bible
    What does it mean to be against a book?
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 22:47
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    What does it mean to be against a book?
    I do not believe what is in there I believe most of it is lies and would like to try and prove they are. Now you could say this about any fiction book but this one claims to be the truth and has been believed by many.
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 23:14
    I do not believe what is in there I believe most of it is lies and would like to try and prove they are. Now you could say this about any fiction book but this one claims to be the truth and has been believed by many.
    The problem is you can't proove they're lies to someone who believes. You can only reasonably assume they are fairytales and bed-time stories and point out inconsistencies. Noone who believes would actually believe (funny, that) that the bible is anything but the thruth. Why are you persuing this matter? I mean, if you did it for yourself, because you wanted to know something, I could understand. But you seem content on trying to bring down those who believe in the bible (who even might have a need to believe in the bible) from their faith. You want to make them see that the book they believe in so much is a lie? Why? What's it to you?

You'll only end up banging your head against the wall, because believe me, very few of those people will change their religion. In fact, the more you yell about the bible being a lie, and pointing out all the inconsistencies in it, the more certain they will be that you are wrong. (For some funny reason.)

Please, don't get me wrong here. I'm not asking you to shut up. I kinda enjoy thrashing on the good book. But only for the fun of it. Not to try and actually change anyones belief, because honestly, I don't have the time, strength or will to do so.

Am I making any sense here, or should I just shut up?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 23:16
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Who did Cain marry?
    http://www.drdino.com/articles.php?spec=3
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 23:231 edit
    The problem is you can't proove they're lies to someone who believes. You can only reasonably assume they are fairytales and bed-time stories and point out inconsistencies. Noone who believes would actually believe (funny, that) that the bible is anything but the thruth. Why are you persuing this matter? I mean, if you did it for yourself, be ...[text shortened]... ve the time, strength or will to do so.

Am I making any sense here, or should I just shut up?
    I don't ask for much. I just hope I've changed the way you think about life.
  13. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 23:25
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I'm telling you sincerely - you make a laughing stock out of Christianity when you cite Dr. Dino as a Biblical authority. If you don't have your own answers, you would do well to at least cite a more respectable source.
  14. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 23:26
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    So in short "Cain merely married his sister"
  15. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 23:37
    I don't ask for much. I just hope I've changed the way you think about life.
    Oh, I see. You see, I am confused. I'm neither this, nor that. I don't take the bible literally. I don't even believe in God.

I can see how some of my earlier posts could have made you think I take the bible literally (my sarcasm is somewhat bleaque). I'm merely open to any side of the story, since clearly, we cannot know if there is a God or there isn't. Or, if there is a God, what is he? What form does he have? I don't know.

So, while I'm all pro exploring the spiritual sides of me, I'm in no way just accepting what others tell me or what any religious scripture says. We can pretty much agree that the bible is not literal truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree