What are the bible veiws on incest

What are the bible veiws on incest

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
22 Dec 05

Originally posted by Will Everitt
....Slightly worrying if it turns out you lot are right. Imagine the world in another few thousand years.
So much for progressive evolution! 😲

TM

Moves
22 Dec 05

Originally posted by Coletti
Probably more like a niece. When you live for 930 years, there are a lots of generations. Seth was born when Adam was 130, and who know who might have been born before that. Cain might have married he great-great-great...grand-niece.
Well two points 1) That was a direct quotation from the source 2) At some point a brother must have married his sister there is no other way unless a son produced a child with Eve and no one has suggested that.

TM

Moves
22 Dec 05

So much for progressive evolution! 😲
*Wispers* Its a good job they are wrong.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
22 Dec 05

Well two points 1) That was a direct quotation from the source 2) At some point a brother must have married his sister there is no other way unless a son produced a child with Eve and no one has suggested that.
Yep

d

Moves
22 Dec 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Practically every primitive culture (correct me if there are exceptions) has an incest taboo.
The Irish?

[Grabs coat and runs for the door.]

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Dec 05

Ok thanks I had a read, I just want to know what the stance of the church is on these things I’m just an argumentative person really it might seem I enjoy picking wholes in the bible but I’m like that with everything.

“However, the more closely related two people are, the more likely it is that they will have similar mistakes in their genes”

“ ...[text shortened]... tly worrying if it turns out you lot are right. Imagine the world in another few thousand years.
"Our brains have suffered from 6,000 years of the Curse (since Adam). We are greatly degenerated compared with people many generations ago. We may now be nowhere near as intelligent or inventive as Adam and Eve's children. Scripture gives us a glimpse of what appears to be great inventiveness from the beginning."

Slightly worrying if it turns out you lot are right. Imagine the world in another few thousand years.

These are good points that you make. I never thought of it in that sense. And the bible claims man will wax worse and worse in Timothy. But that is why we have a "Redeemer." Thank you for your thoughts.🙂

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
22 Dec 05

Ok thanks I had a read, I just want to know what the stance of the church is on these things I’m just an argumentative person really it might seem I enjoy picking wholes in the bible but I’m like that with everything.

“However, the more closely related two people are, the more likely it is that they will have similar mistakes in their genes”

“ ...[text shortened]... tly worrying if it turns out you lot are right. Imagine the world in another few thousand years.
"Slightly worrying if it turns out you lot are right. Imagine the world in another few thousand years."

Well, look GW Bush is dumber that GH Bush, conclusive proof that we're getting dumber! That's it case closed - the world is obviously 6,000 years old, (despite all that annoying evidence to the contrary). 😕

s

Moves
14 Feb 07

? 😕
Originally posted by stocken
...the logic of physical knowledge.

😳 hum, I'm not sure I understand what I meant by that now. I suspect
I mean something along the lines of what we know about the physical world.
The good side is that my English has improved (slightly) over the last
year. 🙂

* Now, back to looking for the thread I was really looking for... *

N

The sky

Moves
14 Feb 07
1 edit

[b]...the logic of physical knowledge.

😳 hum, I'm not sure I understand what I meant by that now. I suspect
I mean something along the lines of what we know about the physical world.
The good side is that my English has improved (slightly) over the last
year. 🙂

* Now, back to looking for the thread I was really looking for... *[/b]
Teehee. I wonder what thread of mine Will was referring to. I explained religion? That's amazing!

Edit: Ah, it was this one: Thread 35011 I didn't remember I had created a thread for that, I thought it was just a post in some other thread.