1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 02:05
    What are your beliefs and why do you believe that, who or what are your influances?
  2. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 02:07
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    What are your beliefs and why do you believe that, who or what are your influances?
    like you care
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 02:101 edit
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    like you care
    I do care.

If I didn't I wouldn't ask.

If I didn't care I wouldn't have even come to the Forum and still only played chess here. And I would not post thoughs Bible Studies either.

So quit Changing that subject and Please be nice and not rude and answer the question and then I might think highly of you taht you are not a rude person after all.

But you are the rudest person on this site in my OPINION.

Is your name Joe Fist because you like fist in the butt?

Super Man is lame, it is all about Batman and Spider Man.
  4. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 02:12
    I believe that everyone of us is of and from this earth. I believe that positive actions create positive results and negative actions create negative results, like karma I imagine. I believe that after this physical form fails that our "life-force" returns to the earth to manifest itself in another form.
    I have formed these beliefs after studying different types of religions from around the world. I never felt comfortable with an omnipotent being guiding the actions of man because I would expect something that is omnipotent to have much more control over the horrible things that humans do, often in his name.
    I expect now that you and Darfius will tell me that I am wrong .
  5. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 02:13
    I do care.

If I didn't I wouldn't ask.

If I didn't care I wouldn't have even come to the Forum and still only played chess here. And I would not post thoughs Bible Studies either.

So quit Changing that subject and Please be nice and not rude and answer the question and then I might think highly of you taht you are not a rude person after all.

But you are the rudest person on this site in my OPINION.
    You've been rude since day one, when you told me I was going to Hell for not accepting Christ. You don't care but fine, if you want to go through the motions of being sincere, knock yourself out.

I take your thinking I'm the rudest person on this site as a compliment...danke

😉
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 03:261 edit
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    You've been rude since day one, when you told me I was going to Hell for not accepting Christ. You don't care but fine, if you want to go through the motions of being sincere, knock yourself out.

I take your thinking I'm the rudest person on this site as a compliment...danke

😉
    I know though you would take that as a compliment. I do fell sorry for your parents though.

If I said you where I was just saying what the word of God says that you go to hell without Christ. Because the wrath of God remains on you unless you have Christ. John 3:36
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 03:271 edit
    Originally posted by CliffLandin
    I believe that everyone of us is of and from this earth. I believe that positive actions create positive results and negative actions create negative results, like karma I imagine. I believe that after this physical form fails that our ...[text shortened]...
    I expect now that you and Darfius will tell me that I am wrong .
    That's for your input.

I do agree with you a lot though that lots of people do kill in their so called gods name.
  8. Not Kansas
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 04:57
    I believe that if I drop a sledge hammer on my bare foot it would hurt like hell. Therefore, I don't do that.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 05:29
    Is your name Joe Fist because you like fist in the butt?
    Maybe your next Bible study should be about Sodom and Gomorrah.
  10. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 21:31
    I believe in a singular God whose essence and mind is ineffable, yet I choose to envision as an untimate father figure, infinitely wise and eternally forgiving. I believe that said God exists on a plane that is unreachable by us mortals by our very nature. I believe that seperation is the main difference between us and other animals: we are the only beasts seperated from God. I belive that the true Word of God is written in a language that is beyond our scope to understand but is nevertheless imprinted upon our souls. I believe the Spirit inside each and every one of us struggles to translate this Word into language we can understand, a language of the mind. This translation manifests in stories, tales, myths, poetry, etc. It causes us to cry and laugh for no reason and to relish in a soul-washing emotion we cannot name. Any attempt to describe this Word, to tie it down in our human world becomes a demented mutation of the true Word, a thing that could almost be insulting to God if God could be insulted. I believe no building can be the House of God; instead the House is a place in the heart where we can go to bask in the glory of God and allow the unknowable Word to flow through us. I come to the conclusion of my beliefs not though what I know, not though what is pressent in my life, but through what is conspicuously missing.

Any questions should be directed to my secretary.
  11. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 02:29
    I firmly believe that our universe did not come equipped with any deities who care about living things to the extent of being reliable in protecting them from injury and disease and in reliably communicating in two-way fashion with any of them.
  12. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 02:33
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    I firmly believe that our universe did not come equipped with any deities who care about living things to the extent of being reliable in protecting them from injury and disease and in reliably communicating in two-way fashion with any of them.
    If you'll check back to the first post, he wants to know why, as well.
  13. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 04:531 edit
    Originally posted by Darfius
    If you'll check back to the first post, he wants to know [b]why, as well.[/b]
    As to protection by a deity, I will limit myself to noting that late last year the minister at my parents' church was killed in a vehicle collision, and his wife was injured in the same collision.

As to two-way communication, in the instances where I have challenged believers to pray a specific prayer that requires a response by their deity, they always come up with an excuse as to why such a prayer would not work.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 05:33
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    I believe in a singular God whose essence and mind is ineffable, yet I choose to envision as an untimate father figure, infinitely wise and eternally forgiving. I believe that said God exists on a plane that is unreachable by us mortals by our very nature. I believe that seperation is the main difference between us and other animals: we are the only b ...[text shortened]... ut through what is conspicuously missing.

Any questions should be directed to my secretary.
    I believe the same way as that a building is not a house of God.

So people try to not swear in Churches and then when they leave they swear.

God is everywhere his house is in his believers.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 05:421 edit
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    As to protection by a deity, I will limit myself to noting that late last year the minister at my parents' church was killed in a vehicle collision, and his wife was injured in the same collision.

As to two-way communication, in the ...[text shortened]... ays come up with an excuse as to why such a prayer would not work.
    I believe that there are no such things as accidents, all things happen for a reason. Just like the Caracter Morpheus says in the second Matrix Movie.

========================
    This is way there Prayers probably don't get answered for the Christian that Prays.

James 1:5-7
    5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all men generously and without reproaching, and it will be given him.
    6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.
    7 For that person must not suppose that a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways, will receive anything from the Lord.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree