What do modern witches do?

What do modern witches do?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
13 Nov 05

While writing some threads on suicide I got talking to a person involved in wicca through the pm.Such a nice attitude towards life with a good heart and I find it sad that many Christians are lacking in these areas.Jesus as I said in one of my pm's is a good part of my life and I hope one day this person will see this.

-I guess some people won't like this but I got reading a local paper with the above title so thought I'ld write the rest for my friend and anyone else who would like to talk about it.

-Witches are alive and well in our midst.According to Polli Minnell,from W(h)anganui,the numbers of Wiccan practitioners(or witches)practising the craft in New Zealand and worldwide is increasing rapidly.Polli will discuss modern Wiccan practise and the seasonal celebrations of Wicca in a public talk in Wanganui on sunday afternoon at 2pm at Gifford House,22Dublin Street.

-"Wicca is commonly described as modern witchcraft,however,to describe it as such is misleading,inadequate and perpectuates misbeliefs and stereotypical thinking common in those outside the faith.Misbeliefs such as devil-worship and cultism,evil intentions and cursing persist because Wicca is traditionally secretive for historically protective and defensive reasons,"say's Polli.

-"Wicca is in fact,a contempory adaption of nature-based paganism or the ethnic faiths of Europe.It is rich in imagery,colour,symbolism and superstition.It promotes integration with the natural cycles of life and an understanding of the spiritual energies about us.Followers of Wicca recognise the male and female divine and abide by a moral code,called Rede,that forbids the harming of living things for any reason but survival.

-"It's often surprising to find how many Wiccan concepts and traditions,people outside the faith,are already familiar with.Many Pagan(and consequently Wiccan)traditions blended with those of the now mainstream religions over a thousand years ago,surviving to everday life.

-By looking at the Wiccan sacred days,where they come from,when they occur and how they are celebrated,these familiarities become clear,"Polli says.

-The talk and disscussion on Sunday is sponsored by the Wanganui branch of the Theosophical Society and all are welcome to attend.
-Warwick Keys president Wanganui branch,Theosophical Society of NZ.

Keyteach@xtra.co.nz

e

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by windmill
While writing some threads on suicide I got talking to a person involved in wicca through the pm.Such a nice attitude towards life with a good heart and I find it sad that many Christians are lacking in these areas.Jesus as I said in one of my pm's is a good part of my life and I hope one day this person will see this.
...[text shortened]...
Keyteach@xtra.co.nz
I hope that you are able to attend the talk and learn more about Wicca. It is a very respectable, gentle faith-system with many goodhearted followers.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by echecero
I hope that you are able to attend the talk and learn more about Wicca. It is a very respectable, gentle faith-system with many goodhearted followers.
Yeah, I like most of the Wiccans I've talked with.

Some of them can get pretty agitated when faced with hard reason and they often are a bit too 'everybody's right' for my tastes. Still it beats talking with a Baptist fundy for an hour.

a

Forgotten

Moves
14 Nov 05

if i tell you
you have to join

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by echecero
I could not attend the talk because I had to work in my father's chicken shop.Still I would not attend because like you allready know my faith is in Jesus which has not to much bearing on what my own family does or thinks of me.I checked the person profile I was talking about and they are currently on vacation but should be back soon....so like I'ld like to wait and see what they have to say if you don't mind.k.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
14 Nov 05

I could not attend the talk because I had to work in my father's chicken shop.Still I would not attend because like you allready know my faith is in Jesus which has not to much bearing on what my own family does or thinks of me.I checked the person profile I was talking about and they are currently on vacation but should be back soon....so like I'ld like to wait and see what they have to say if you don't mind.k.
Your faith in Jesus means you are unable to learn about other religions?

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Your faith in Jesus means you are unable to learn about other religions?
My faith in Jesus means I should not live in a wardrobe.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by telerion
Yeah, I like most of the Wiccans I've talked with.

Some of them can get pretty agitated when faced with hard reason and they often are a bit too 'everybody's right' for my tastes. Still it beats talking with a Baptist fundy for an hour.
Also, Baptist fundies don't dance naked around bonfires.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
14 Nov 05

My faith in Jesus means I should not live in a wardrobe.
Well then come out of the closet for Jesus.

d

An' it harms none...

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
Also, Baptist fundies don't dance naked around bonfires.
Jeeze the naked bonfire dancing is like 1 night of the year. I'm sure baptist's are just as fun in their own way to other baptists 🙂

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by dags
I'm sure baptist's are just as fun in their own way to other baptists 🙂
I always wanted to see the girly snake show.

d

An' it harms none...

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
I always wanted to see the girly snake show.
I think you might have to go to some sort of strip club to see that sort of thing. 🙂

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by dags
I think you might have to go to some sort of strip club to see that sort of thing.
Best place to catch the preacher after hours.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
14 Nov 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Best place to catch the preacher after hours.
All those poor souls to save, so contingently fastened to gorgeous, naked flesh.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
14 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Well then come out of the closet for Jesus.
Well lol you lot build our wardrobes too fast.:'(....Who minds free firewood🙂