What do we do now, God?

What do we do now, God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f

Moves
21 Feb 10

So, God said, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth". Well, we've done that. What did He say we should do next?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Feb 10

Originally posted by fergalish
So, God said, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth". Well, we've done that. What did He say we should do next?
Filled the earth with graves is all we've done so far.

Before you think I'm a cynic, think again. I'm an extreme optimist because I'm a realist. I see the reality of the human condition and I know that there is great hope for us all. That hope is in Christ. Christ is our hope.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Feb 10

Originally posted by josephw
Filled the earth with graves is all we've done so far.

Before you think I'm a cynic, think again. I'm an extreme optimist because I'm a realist. I see the reality of the human condition and I know that there is great hope for us all. That hope is in Christ. Christ is our hope.
What is your hope?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Feb 10

Originally posted by galveston75
What is your hope?
Colosians 1:26-28

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Feb 10

Colosians 1:26-28

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; [b]which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:[/b]
In your own words. What are you hoping will happen for humans?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Feb 10

In your own words. What are you hoping will happen for humans?
My words are of no importance.

What will be will be.

God's will be done.

What will happen for "humans" will be exactly what it says in the Bible will happen.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
21 Feb 10

Please, show some initiative.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Feb 10

Simultaneously (not linear 'next'😉, become reconciled and learn and mature to full

stature... in the vernacular, 'grow up' which requires one hell of a lot of unlearning

and letting go of cultural biases, truth mixed with error, false notions and opinions.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Feb 10

My words are of no importance.

What will be will be.

God's will be done.

What will happen for "humans" will be exactly what it says in the Bible will happen.
And what does it say in the Bible will happen to humans? Any thoughts at all?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Feb 10

And what does it say in the Bible will happen to humans? Any thoughts at all?
That's easy. There are those who believed God and those who didn't.

You know. The sheep and the goats. The righteous and the unrighteous. The good and the evil. Right and wrong. Left and right. etc.

It's all black and white in spite of what some may say.

The only gray areas are things like what is your favorite color. Otherwise it all boils down to what is the truth and what is a lie.

f

Moves
21 Feb 10
1 edit

Originally posted by scherzo
Please, show some initiative.
Well, look at the countless millions that have no individual opinion and only know how to say "look at the bible", even when *repeatedly explicitly asked* for an opinion. (something tells me, though, that josephw could just be trying to provoke).

So, the bible doesn't have anything to say about what we should do now. God said "full the world and subdue it", and we can even seed rain now (http://www.orwelltoday.com/chinaweatherrain.shtml). We have carried out His wishes.

You want me to show some initiative, so here I am, starting a forum topic - personally I know exactly what to do with myself, it's the rest of humanity that worries me. How about you? Do you have any relevant observations?

rc

Moves
21 Feb 10
4 edits

Well, look at the countless millions that have no individual opinion and only know how to say "look at the bible", even when *repeatedly explicitly asked* for an opinion. (something tells me, though, that josephw could just be trying to provoke).

So, the bible doesn't have anything to say about what we should do now. God said "full the world and subdu rest of humanity that worries me. How about you? Do you have any relevant observations?
ok tell us what you are planning to do with yourself? exactly what to do with yourself that is. Then perhaps you would be pleased to explain what is written in the context of the verse, for that what was meant to happen, 'next'.

here it is for your convenience,

(Genesis 1:28-30) . . .“Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth.”  And God went on to say: “Here I have given to you all vegetation bearing seed which is on the surface of the whole earth and every tree on which there is the fruit of a tree bearing seed. To you let it serve as food.  And to every wild beast of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving upon the earth in which there is life as a soul I have given all green vegetation for food.” And it came to be so.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Feb 10

Enjoy the fruit of your labor.

Yes, I do enjoy being provocative. I'm alway testing to see what one thinks one knows. I know so very little you see.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
22 Feb 10

What you quote is from a certain and specific point in time. The message which was given at that moment and time was intended only for that moment and time. This doesn't mean, of course, that further application is not warranted; however, we must always read and interpret the Scripture according to the proper dictates to gain any understanding.

Start there, my advice.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
22 Feb 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
What you quote is from a certain and specific point in time. The message which was given at that moment and time was intended only for that moment and time. This doesn't mean, of course, that further application is not warranted; however, we must always read and interpret the Scripture according to the proper dictates to gain any understanding.

Start there, my advice.
Wow. I have newfound respect for you.