1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 21:17
    @dj2becker said
    No the OP is not about my interpretation of scripture and doctrine.
    So your "What do you have to lose?" question regards any interpretation of what 'putting one's trust in Jesus' means, including those that differ from yours?
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 21:191 edit
    @dj2becker said
    For me it’s a no brainer. What are the risks if any of putting your trust in God? People will always let you down, yet we still trust them. We even trust people that we have never seen or met sometimes. What do you have to loose by putting your faith in Jesus rather than in yourself and other people? This question is aimed specifically at non believers.
    It's lose, not loose. As in, "What do you have to lose?"

You seem to think belief in something can be switched on and off like a light. Frankly, I couldn't believe in Jesus if I wanted to, since I find the purported evidence in favor of Christian dogma wholly unconvincing.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 02:15
    @soothfast said
    It's lose, not loose. As in, "What do you have to lose?"

You seem to think belief in something can be switched on and off like a light. Frankly, I couldn't believe in Jesus if I wanted to, since I find the purported evidence in favor of Christian dogma wholly unconvincing.
    Can you choose not to believe in something?
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 02:18
    @dj2becker said
    Can you choose not to believe in something?
    It's chose, not choose. As in, "What do you have to chose?"
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 02:451 edit
    @thinkofone said
    It's chose, not choose. As in, "What do you have to chose?"
    Chose is past tense of choose. As in I chose to ignore your inaccurate advice.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 02:49
    @dj2becker said
    Chose is past tense of choose. As in I chose to ignore your inaccurate advice.
    Have a think on it.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 05:02
    @thinkofone said
    Have a think on it.
    choose (present tense)
    chose (past tense)
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 05:14
    @dj2becker said
    choose (present tense)
    chose (past tense)
    Try reading the post to which you responded.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 05:14
    @rajk999 said
    Did you not tell me what you believe?
    Coincidentally it matches perfectly what certain churches preach.
    Is that a coincidence?
    I don’t know of any church that encourages people to sin because they are saved by grace. Can you name one church that does?
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 05:57
    @ThinkOfOne
    You are way overestimating his intellect.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 06:19
    @thinkofone said
    Try reading the post to which you responded.
    I know you’re just trolling me on ‘loose’ which I know was a mistake.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 11:47
    @dj2becker said
    I don’t know of any church that encourages people to sin because they are saved by grace. Can you name one church that does?
    Any church that preaches [contrary to the teachings of Christ and the Apostles], that, because of Gods grace, they still get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, regardless of how much or how often they continue with sin, is in fact encouraging people to sin.

You, sonship, secondson and many others do it here all the time.

Paul warned born again Christian Saints not to fall into this trap of believing that they are assured of eternal life even though they sin. Eternal life is conditional on good works and righteousness

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:19-21 KJV)
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 14:442 edits
    @wolfgang59 said
    @ThinkOfOne
    You are way overestimating his intellect.
    I wouldn't have thought that possible. But of course you're right.

Seemed like a simple enough wordplay on what Soothfast posted. Simple enough for even a child to understand. Yet even with repeated hints...
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 14:49
    @rajk999 said
    Any church that preaches [contrary to the teachings of Christ and the Apostles], that, because of Gods grace, they still get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, regardless of how much or how often they continue with sin, is in fact encouraging people to sin.

You, sonship, secondson and many others do it here all the time.

Paul warned born again Christian Saints not to f ...[text shortened]... st, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:19-21 KJV)[/i]

Evidently this concept is well beyond many who post on this forum.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 16:50
    @thinkofone said

Evidently this concept is well beyond many who post on this forum.
    Yep, and the next question they will ask is 'But why did Christ have to die then'? ... lol. Paul explained that also in great detail. The end result of discussing this with them is that they want to believe that Christ died so that they [who believe] can continue with sin.

I think James was having a good laugh at such Christians who profess faith and think that is all that is required. James said
    - the devils also believe in one God
    - the devils know about Christ death and resurrection
    - the devils know Christ name
    - faith without works is dead
    - faith alone saves nobody.
    Understandably Christians dont like James and Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree