1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 00:56
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Are you trying to say that the Christian religion has never had people killed? What about the crusades?
    This is where it gets complicated. At least for me.
    I knew about Lavey before you were born. My comment was directed specifically to the quote.

And as far as the crusades are concerned, I am not qualified to address that issue. But I will say this, those who use God as a reason to kill are wrong. It gives me pause to think about how those that promoted and financed the crusades will fare before a just God.
    I think you are on shaky ground if you are going to try to prove that christians are killers. Christians are being killed.
  2. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 17:18
    Originally posted by amannion
    My view is that we all share pretty similar experiences. What is different is what we label these.
    When I experience the wonder of nature and the sense of love for my fellow humans I call it an internal experience. Some others experience pretty much the same thing but label it differently.

So for me, God is a label. I choose not to use this label but I have the same sort of experiences as others who do.
    No If your a christian you don't experience the same peace, love, and other things like that.
  3. Joined
    06 May '07
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 17:19
    Originally posted by josephw
    This is where it gets complicated. At least for me.
    I knew about Lavey before you were born. My comment was directed specifically to the quote.

And as far as the crusades are concerned, I am not qualified to address that issue. But I will say this, those who use God as a reason to kill are wrong. It gives me pause to think about how those that promoted a ...[text shortened]... round if you are going to try to prove that christians are killers. Christians are being killed.
    Amen
  4. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 21:17
    Originally posted by musicismyworld
    No If your a christian you don't experience the same peace, love, and other things like that.
    How do you know what a non christian experiences?
  5. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    23 Jul '07 21:35
    Originally posted by amannion
    How do you know what a non christian experiences?
    S/he doesn't. S/he believes s/he does.

Of course, that's the state of affairs everywhere.
  6. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Jul '07 17:14
    when we understand what believing in god actually means; i'm under the impression every religion actually has that same core belief... would that be right?
  7. Joined
    26 Jul '07
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 14:38
    believing in God means that you believe who and what he says he is
  8. Joined
    26 Jul '07
    Moves
    26 Jul '07 14:50
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    when we understand what believing in god actually means; i'm under the impression every religion actually has that same core belief... would that be right?
    what core belief would that be?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree