1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 14:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Galveston didn't create the bird.
    So in essence you know what God thinks as well as what this bird thinks? You are amazing!
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 14:29
    ...amazingly naive.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 17:22
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    So in essence you know what God thinks as well as what this bird thinks? You are amazing!
    We are given example after example of what God thinks about any number of subjects in the Bible. He doesn't change, so what He thinks then, is probably what He thinks now. And if now you don't believe in the Bible all of a sudden, then I would guess that means you've been hanging out with too many atheists.

I have no idea what the bird thinks. But I can assume it's not "Wow, there's galveston! So cool".

And I'm naive? Sounds like another atheist cheap shot. What is the word for only popping into this forum on occasion to score a cheap shot and then disappear again? Go ask your atheist buddies, I'm sure they know. Don't they know everything?
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 21:42
    We are given example after example of what God thinks about any number of subjects in the Bible. He doesn't change, so what He thinks then, is probably what He thinks now. And if now you don't believe in the Bible all of a sudden, then I would guess that means you've been hanging out with too many atheists.

I have no idea what the bird thinks. But I c ...[text shortened]... again? Go ask your atheist buddies, I'm sure they know. Don't they know everything?
    I'm not atheist... I just don't think any person is capable of knowing God's true will, that goes for the people who wrote gospels as well as the people who picked and choose what gospels would get into the Bible and what ones would be kept out.

P-
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 22:101 edit

I have no idea what the bird thinks. But I c again? Go ask your atheist buddies, I'm sure they know. Don't they know everything?
    another cheap shot at our atheists friends, oh dear oh dear, shameful for one
    professing to be a Christian.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 22:53
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharma_Initiative

"... fringe science." Cool.[/b]
    Could you give me a bit of an elaboration on this please (and no links)?
    I would be very interested on what you think of this and your answer has not really explained anything to me.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 22:55
    ...amazingly naive.
    Oh leave him alone. He's trying his darndest !
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 22:58
    I'm not atheist... I just don't think any person is capable of knowing God's true will, that goes for the people who wrote gospels as well as the people who picked and choose what gospels would get into the Bible and what ones would be kept out.

P-
    I disagree. I think it is possible (for some) to know "Gods" will, however I doubt there are many , so few in fact that it is a negligable figure.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 00:29
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I disagree. I think it is possible (for some) to know "Gods" will, however I doubt there are many , so few in fact that it is a negligable figure.
    A person's being ignorant of God's will, would be God's will. Insha'Allah.
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 00:41
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "What is it for a body to belong to a particular subject?"
    put another way, he does not favor one philosophy over another.
  11. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 00:43
    it is quiet easy to know god's will. just read the laws written in nature and you will find it.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 00:52
    Originally posted by JS357
    A person's being ignorant of God's will, would be God's will. Insha'Allah.
    Sorry, I don't get your point here. Could you please re-phrase that for me?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 00:53
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    it is quiet easy to know god's will. just read the laws written in nature and you will find it.
    "written in nature"

What do you mean by that?
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 01:33
    "written in nature"

What do you mean by that?
    natural laws.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 02:22
    Sorry, I don't get your point here. Could you please re-phrase that for me?
    You said, to someone else, "I disagree. I think it is possible (for some) to know "Gods" will, however I doubt there are many , so few in fact that it is a negligable figure."

I said, "A person's being ignorant of God's will, would be God's will. Insha'Allah."

This is not meant as a disagreement with what you said. In fact, my own opinion is that no one knows God's will, there being do such a person as a God that wills things. "No one" is a negligible figure indeed.

I mean to say: It would be God's will (if there were God) that a person is ignorant of God's will. Clearly then, God wills that that person be ignorant, being ignorant being unaware or unknowing. It's not meant to be derogatory. The "would" indicates, "if there were such a being as God." The "Insha'Allah indicates a prayer that what one will's, will align with what God wills (not the other way around.) I heard many people utter this prayer during a very rough landing in Turkey.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree