1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 22:48
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    What happened to the Christmas spirit?[/bM

Christmas ended with the the 1960's. The vietnam war ( which i supported ) and the watergate debacle and the death of edgar j. hoover ( and the loss of supremacy in the medical-psychiatry community from protestant to jewish secular values ) changed america ( and the west ) to a cheap XMAS from a traditional pre-WW2 Christmas...and so it goes on....thus the GRINCH...( who is a commercially
    patented idea and owned by a secular jewish family ) is being pushed as the NEW
    CHRISTMAS IMAGE...so the old protestant british-germanic religious christmas is
    giving way to the mall and copyrighted ( pay for christmas as you go..MR. GRINCH..( DR. SEUSS )..) christmas.

there is no christmas spirit whithout the message of the christ...christmas as we understand it is a british-germanic season of time.

i know the mods will delete this eo instanti...not because it is the truth but BECAUSE IT IS THE TRUTH...

i am banned for all who love the truth ( the few who read it before it dies ).

Merry CHRISTmas(s)....reinfeld.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 23:19
    Originally posted by reinfeld

Christmas ended with the the 1960's. The vietnam war ( which i supported ) and the watergate debacle and the death of edgar j. hoover ( and the loss of supremacy in the medical-psychiatry community from protestant to jewish secular values ) changed america ( and the west ) to ...[text shortened]... who love the truth ( the few who read it before it dies ).

are you kidding, this is the spirituality forum, practically anything goes, except serious Christians, they are simply fodder for the cannons!
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 23:30

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 23:31

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 23:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    are you kidding, this is the spirituality forum, practically anything goes, except serious Christians, they are simply fodder for the cannons!
    Just because a Christian may disagree with large part of what you say does not mean they are not a "serious Christian"! 😛
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 23:41
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Just because a Christian may disagree with large part of what you say does not mean they are not a "serious Christian"! 😛
    ummm the term 'serious Christian', was used in reference to myself. i now have a persecution complex from frequenting the forum!
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 23:49

Christmas ended with the the 1960's. The vietnam war ( which i supported ) and the watergate debacle and the death of edgar j. hoover ( and the loss of supremacy in the medical-psychiatry community from protestant to jewish secular values ) changed america ( and the west ) to ...[text shortened]... who love the truth ( the few who read it before it dies ).

"there is no christmas spirit whithout the message of the christ...christmas as we understand it is a british-germanic season of time. "

This is a curious statement. First of I'm curious as to why, in your view, it is a british-germanic season of time? Also, do you mean to say it is a celtic-germanic season of time?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 23:54
    Originally posted by Ullr
    "there is no christmas spirit whithout the message of the christ...christmas as we understand it is a british-germanic season of time. "

This is a curious statement. First of I'm curious as to why, in your view, it is a british-germanic season of time? Also, do you mean to say it is a celtic-germanic season of time?
    The whole point of reinfeld's post is to point out the fact that the true meaning of Christmas revolves around Christ, but has been hijacked by the commercial industry in the hands of some very unscrupulous men.
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '09 23:58
    Originally posted by josephw
    The whole point of reinfeld's post is to point out the fact that the true meaning of Christmas revolves around Christ, but has been hijacked by the commercial industry in the hands of some very unscrupulous men.
    Still I found that particular statement curious and my question to reinfeld still stands.
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 00:281 edit

Banned? Was this post once deleted (when someone called “Very Rusty” posted it)? Was someone called “Very Rusty” banned for nothing more than this post as it reads here?

The post does seem—possibly! It’s a bit oblique—to imply that there is some “secular Jewish” (whatever exactly that means) conspiracy to undo Christmas…for whom? Does the author mean to imply that everybody else ought to “disappear” during this Christian holiday? Should religious Jews take their menorahs out of the windows? What about Muslims when Ramadan happens to fall at this time of year? What about those who celebrate other things during this season (i.e., the winter solstice)?

Again, this post is so oblique that I am not sure it is trying to say any of that. (I'm just trying to figure out why anyone would think it's worth a ban...)

I’m not a Christian. But I just wished FreakyKBH a happy and healthful Christmas, knowing that he celebrates it as a religious holiday. Why should I object to his religious holiday (or not wish him well in its celebration)?

Other Christians object to Christmas as a religious holiday. I respect their position as well. So, on theological grounds, I doubt that such Christians would want to wish those, such as Freaky, a merry “Christmas”—but that does not mean that they wish him ill either.

But, with all that said, I see nothing about this particular post that merits a ban.

Let me take this opportunity to wish for all who celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday a joyful, healthful and richly meaningful holy-day. And for those who celebrate other things—a different holiday, or just life itself—wishes for joy and health and well-being. L’chaim v’ shalom!
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 01:48
    From my perspective, Christmas is a mixed bag. While we, like those hymn makers of the 19th century who parodied drinking songs by substituting the usual lyrics with the Gospel message, have taken our cue from pagans and fashioned a holiday out of thin air, it's difficult to fault the intention.

Somewhat akin to the "I found it" ad campaign from the '70's, it seemed like a good idea at the time. On one hand, you have a huge, can't-miss-it reminder for nearly the entire wold that something significant happened on this day. That's a pretty substantial plus.

Another somewhat positive fall-out from the holiday is the sense of wonder/magic which accompanies it. There's a sense of judgment, of self-doubt, of hopeful expectation for the goodwill nature of that very mysterious Other. Some of this is good, as self-examination nearly always brings us to to the door of humility, of acknowledging our need.

However, the other hand is very heavy indeed. The primary issue surrounding the holiday (at least since I've been on the planet), is: do you believe in Santa Claus? The underlying thought being, if you believe enough, if you want enough, good stuff's going to happen. This is where it breaks down for me. Whereas the positives of the holiday are such that we can turn a winking eye toward it justifying it in our minds, since it can stand as a model for this truth we're trying to convey, Trojan-style, that underlying issue really has nothing to do with the Christian faith.

Whether or not I believe has never been the issue; it's whether or not I accept the gift. Our belief in Christianity is, truly, inconsequential. For Christmas, it's everything. Do I still celebrate it? Absolutely. However, the lessons I impart toward my children are decidedly organic and all-encompassing. Nothing is sugar-coated, except for the cookies.

In our house, while Christmas is a blast for everything we get, Easter is the holiday. With Easter (bunnies notwithstanding), there is no equivocation. It is ugly, brutal and confrontational, without a hint of wishful thinking, just like life: pass/fail.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '09 08:12

oh noes the jews are coming, hide your children.

common man, to complain the spirit of christmas is gone is to recognize you don't have it yourself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree