1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 15:22
    @phil-a-dork said
    I am hoping for "nothingness"

I find existence to be an overrated burden to be honest.
    Haven't you had some moments of enjoyment in life in which you could pursue things that made you happy?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 16:12
    @phil-a-dork said
    I am hoping for "nothingness"

I find existence to be an overrated burden to be honest.
    Not because a man hopes for eternal life in the Kingdom of God, means that in the end he will in fact get there. Same with you and nothingness. God might decide to deprive you of that ... 😀
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 16:20
    @sonship said
    Haven't you had some moments of enjoyment in life in which you could pursue things that made you happy?
    Before you rush to pigeonhole all nonbelievers as welcomers of nothingness, think again.

I fully intend on living forever, downloaded if necessary onto a hard drive. (Possibly on Mars).
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 16:41
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Before you rush to pigeonhole all nonbelievers as welcomers of nothingness, think again.

I think you mean -
    before I rush to pigeonhole all nonbelievers, let you rush to pigeonhole me.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 17:05
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    I fully intend on living forever, downloaded if necessary onto a hard drive. (Possibly on Mars).

I understand that it gets very dusty on Mars. Will you arrange for someone or something to have that hard drive disk cleaned every so often ?
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 18:53
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I think you mean -
    before I rush to pigeonhole all nonbelievers, let you rush to pigeonhole me.
    Not at all. You invariably pounce on any opportunity to generalize about non-believers in a way that aggrandizes your own belief structure.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 18:54
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I understand that it gets very dusty on Mars. Will you arrange for someone or something to have that hard drive disk cleaned every so often ?
    As with the origin of our species, I will rely on serendipity.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 20:49

Removed by poster

9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 23:24
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Not at all. You invariably pounce on any opportunity to generalize about non-believers in a way that aggrandizes your own belief structure.
    I asked the poster a question. Perhaps you, starving for all the attention here, are annoyed someone else is being encouraged to speak.
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 23:32
    @sonship said
    I asked the poster a question. Perhaps you, starving for all the attention here, are annoyed someone else is being encouraged to speak.
    So judgmental. Tsk, tsk.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 13:14
    @lemondrop said
    say you go to heaven and meet the killer of your child?
    Sorry for my earlier, snarky post (now removed -- that way Divegeester knows it's really me).

That's a good question. Interesting that it postulates the killer would be in heaven. I suppose there could be wrestling, or at least some heated words, possibly followed by some kind of reconciliation considering this would be taking place in heaven.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '21 14:153 edits

If I download my personality to a computer hard drive disk, is there a binary representation of my memory of my mother?

Would my memory of my mother look like this?

etc.

Would my personality, memories, likes, dislikes, self reflections, creativity, will, daydreams, prayers all be represented in binary?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 05:41
    @caesar-salad said
    Sorry for my earlier, snarky post (now removed -- that way Divegeester knows it's really me).
    You’re in my good books at the moment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree