1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 17:01
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    All you've done thus far is demonstrate that you weren't able to comprehend what Kierkegaard and Schweitzer were saying. Just as you have repeatedly demonstrated that you are unable to comprehend what most posters on this forum are saying.

Just as you've also repeatedly demonstrated that you are unable to comprehend what Jesus was saying.

Matthew 1 ...[text shortened]... e, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

I knew it was a real longshot.
    Coming from someone who thinks only the red letters in the gospels are accurate.🙄
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 17:054 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    ThinkOfOne seems to think this is too difficult for me to comprehend.

The attitude which Paul himself takes up towards the Gospel of Jesus is that he does not repeat it in the words of Jesus, and does not appeal to its authority....

I don't think it was Paul's job to be a tape recorder in that sense. Paul pioneered in the experience of the risen Christ. And through many of his own utterances his experience came through.

This is the difference between mere doctrinal knowledge and subjective confirming personal experience. He did not contradict Christ.
    He confirmed and reiterated Christ's teaching.

Christ spoke as the Son of God.
    The apostle Paul spoke as one EXPERIENCING the Son of God.

The fateful thing is that the Greek, the Catholic, and the Protestant theologies all contain the Gospel of Paul in a form which does not continue the Gospel of Jesus, but displaces it."

I am not giving a blanket endorsement to all Greek, Catholic, and Protestant theologies.
    That some corrupting leaven was added to the fine flour of the gospel will not be disputed by me.

Sorry ThinkOfOne. There is nothing in this short paragraph so high over my head that I cannot analyze it.

There are some philosophical concepts which I find difficult. These three paragraphs are not difficult. Sorry.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 17:101 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Coming from someone who thinks only the red letters in the gospels are accurate.🙄
    Not all the red letters. I think to ThinkOfOne some of them are more red than other slightly pinkish ones.

I don't think he goes along with all the red letters in the Gospel of John.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 17:13
    ThinkOfOne seems to think this is too difficult for me to comprehend.

The attitude which Paul himself takes up towards the Gospel of Jesus is that he does not repeat it in the words of Jesus, and does not appeal to its authority....

I don't think it was Paul's job to be a tape recorder in that sense. Paul pioneered in the experience of ...[text shortened]... lt. These three paragraphs are not difficult. Sorry.

I could go find out who Coryphaeus is.
    There are some philosophical concepts which I find difficult. These three paragraphs are not difficult.

No, they are not at all difficult. However, you show that you do not understand them all the same.

You repeatedly demonstrate that you struggle to understand what people tell you. It's as if you take what they say, then create a narrative in your head that is often very different from their actual words. You then believe that you understand their words when, in fact, you only understand the narrative that you made up in your head. As I recall, over the years a number of people have, in various ways, pointed this out to you.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 17:17
    All three paragraphs are not difficult for me to understand.
    I think this is your way of sidestepping something.

Is this - " To disagree is to fail to understand " ?

You fancy my failure to understand.

Either that or maybe you're PM-ing somebody who is coaching you.
    As a matter of curiosity, who do you speculate might be "coaching" me via PM?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 17:17
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Ha ha good catch
    😀 .. Got it in the nick of time.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 17:18
    Seems like Peter thought highly of Paul...
    (NKJV) 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 17:19
    All you've done thus far is demonstrate that you weren't able to comprehend what Kierkegaard and Schweitzer were saying. Just as you have repeatedly demonstrated that you are unable to comprehend what most posters on this forum are saying.

Just as you've also repeatedly demonstrated that you are unable to comprehend what Jesus was saying.

Matthew 1 ...[text shortened]... e, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

I knew it was a real longshot.
    Indoctrination .. he just cannot see further than the doctrine of Witness Lee.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 17:23
    Let's see. You've failed to understand rajk999. You've failed to understand me.

In the same manner, you've failed to understand the gospel according to Jesus.

Between you, jaywill, KJ, et al. there seems to be a trend here. Perhaps poor reading comprehension is a prerequisite for adopting and adhering to the "faith alone" doctrine.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 17:25
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Appears he would try and restrict participants in this thread in much the same way as he would restrict those going to heaven.
    Ayatollah Sonship .. completely devoid of Christ-like qualities. .Thankfully he would be judged according to his works like anyone else and dealt with accordingly.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 17:31
    As a matter of curiosity, who do you speculate might be "coaching" me via PM?
    I think he means Jesus is coaching you... now thats very unfair 😀
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 17:32
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Indoctrination .. he just cannot see further than the doctrine of Witness Lee.
    One could say that it "blinds" him.

Jesus certainly understood such a scenario

Matthew 13
    10And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?” 11Jesus answered them, “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted. 12“For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him. 13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

14“In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,
    ‘YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND;
    YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE;

15FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL,
    WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,
    AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES,
    OTHERWISE THEY WOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES,
    HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
    AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
    AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.’
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 17:34
    Seems like Peter thought highly of Paul...
    (NKJV) [b]15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
    [/b]
    Paul is to be highly regarded. Its poor readers like yourself that needs to be condemned.

Read all the letters of Paul and you will see in it are the teachings of Christ - good works and righteousness ARE ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS OF ETERNAL LIFE. Paul said that. Christ said it and so did all the Apostles.

Lack of reading and comprehension ability is the problem
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 17:481 edit
    [b]There are some philosophical concepts which I find difficult. These three paragraphs are not difficult.

No, they are not at all difficult. However, you show that you do not understand them all the same.

You repeatedly demonstrate that you struggle to understand what people tell you. It's as if you take what they say, then create a narrative ...[text shortened]... . As I recall, over the years a number of people have, in various ways, pointed this out to you.[/b]

You don't need greater intelligence.
    You need revelation.

" Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in the heavens."

You don't need to lean on your supposed superior education or reading skills. You need to have revelation to open the eyes of your heart.

You don't need keener reading comprehension. You need to turn your heart to the Lord Jesus so that the veil may be taken away.

You repeatedly demonstrate that you struggle to understand what people tell you.

I know just what happened to me when I let Jesus into my heart.
    You were not there that night to explain anything.
    Nor was anyone else.

And I can pretty well know if you know the Jesus I know and am talking about.
    Your three paragraphs were not that challenging.

Are you stuck on the reading comprehension card from here on?
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Jul '17 18:171 edit

You don't need greater intelligence.
    You need revelation.

[b] " Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in the heavens."

You don't need to ...[text shortened]... hs were not that challenging.

Are you stuck on the reading comprehension card from here on?[/b]
    Your pride and adherence to doctrine other than the gospel preached by Jesus "blinds" you.

Matthew 13
    10And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?” 11Jesus answered them, “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted. 12“For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him. 13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

14“In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,
    ‘YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND;
    YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE;

15FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL,
    WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,
    AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES,
    OTHERWISE THEY WOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES,
    HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
    AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
    AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.’

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree