What I Would Like to See on This Forum

What I Would Like to See on This Forum

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
04 Jan 13

I would like to see a month (or so) where there are no non-theistic, non-skeptical, not even any agnostic posts, nothing challenging theism of any kind. I would like to see what it would be like.

I can't imagine such self restraint being displayed, but it would be interesting to see what would transpire.

Of equal interest would be a significant period of time with no theistic posts.

However, having both of these scenarios occur at once would be quite dull.😉

Maybe we could declare February to be theist-only and March non-theist only, and see what happens.

My gut feeling is, the theists and non-theists need each other. Like a bad but enduring marriage.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
04 Jan 13

Originally posted by JS357
I would like to see a month (or so) where there are no non-theistic, non-skeptical, not even any agnostic posts, nothing challenging theism of any kind. I would like to see what it would be like.

I can't imagine such self restraint being displayed, but it would be interesting to see what would transpire.

Of equal interest would be a significant period of ...[text shortened]... gut feeling is, the theists and non-theists need each other. Like a bad but enduring marriage.
"The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion."
Thomas Paine

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jan 13
1 edit

Of equal interest would be a significant period of ...[text shortened]... gut feeling is, the theists and non-theists need each other. Like a bad but enduring marriage.
We need non-theist so we can teach them about the Triune God. Once the gospel of Christ is preached to all the world and the Jews say "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord", then Christ Jesus can return to rule from Jerusalem for a thousand years. Happy days will be here again.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Moves
04 Jan 13

...However, having both of these scenarios occur at once would be quite dull...
It would indeed, which is why I wholeheartedly disagree with your OP.

If you take away all the theists and non-theists (anti-theist) threads and examine what would remain, you would see a handful of philosophical gobbledegook threads.

k

Moves
04 Jan 13

I think what puts a bad taste in people's mouths is the disrespect for each other. If folks here could refrain from the cutting down one another and name calling you might actually achieve something Useful. Folks need to respect opinions and views of others no matter how much they disagree, IMO. I have stated in another thread, we should treat each other as we were sitting across from them having coffee, the circumstances would be different.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
04 Jan 13

Originally posted by divegeester
It would indeed, which is why I wholeheartedly disagree with your OP.

If you take away all the theists and non-theists (anti-theist) threads and examine what would remain, you would see a handful of philosophical gobbledegook threads.
We could talk about games.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Jan 13

Originally posted by apathist
We could talk about games.
Or the weather.
I thought nowhere was the weather more talked about than England
but in NZ (Dunedin anyway) its a way of life.

Of course we do get 4 seasons in one day,

Moves
04 Jan 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
We need non-theist so we can teach them about the Triune God. Once the gospel of Christ is preached to all the world and the Jews say "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord", then Christ Jesus can return to rule from Jerusalem for a thousand years. Happy days will be here again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wpj-xosAIw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aXpty_1xo4

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!
"We need non-theist so we can teach them about the Triune God."

Suggestion: let the JW's get the non-theists from zero to one God, then you get them from one to three.

Just don't let the Hindus near them when you are done.