1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 22:03
    The language becomes more and more biblical around here.
    It's suspect.
    If Christianity is the only way to get to heaven then why not call it 'universal' ?
    What does Jesus have to do with it?
    As far as I'm aware the golden rule is at the heart of all religions. So too is love.
    IMV Jesus is just a crutch for those that find their own inner moral compass
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 22:19
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    It's suspect.
    If Christianity is the only way to get to heaven then why not call it 'universal' ?
    As far as I'm aware the golden rule is at the heart of all religions. So too is love.
    I reckon the only Son of God came to earth to die on a cross for kicks cuz there are a myriad of ways to God.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 22:21
    It's suspect.
    Then we would of all people, be most miserable. But we are not! Jesus is Lord!
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '17 22:211 edit
    It's suspect.
    Do you understand that the gospel according to Jesus IS about obeying the golden rule? And that Christianity is about a different gospel taught by others?
  5. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 03:06
    Abrahamic religions are all from a very ignorant time period.
    The motivation is fear of the sky god punishing unbelievers.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 21:03
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Do you understand that the gospel according to Jesus IS about obeying the golden rule? And that Christianity is about a different gospel taught by others?
    In the book of Acts why don't we just read of Peter, John, James, Phillip, Stephen, Paul and Barnabas, Aquila and Priscilla and the others simply repeating over and over again "the golden rule" ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree