What If God Doesn't Exist? What if He Does?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Oct 13

.............................................................................................. (human history................................. ?... ¿

God)....................................................................................... [human history]............................. (eternity

What do you think?

P

Moves
08 Oct 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]What If God Doesn't Exist? What if He Does?

.............................................................................................. (human history................................. ?... ¿

God)....................................................................................... [human history]............................. (eternity

What do you think?[/b]
Grampy Bobby, i know that God exists. The Father lives in me, as i live in the Father. but i am not God. only the servant of the Most High

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
08 Oct 13

What do you think?[/b]
I think it's more like this:

😴.......................................🙂human😀history🙂....................................😴

Moves
08 Oct 13

What do you think?[/b]
I vote for

...................Pascal's Wager (PW)....................GB discovers PW................

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by JS357
I vote for

...................Pascal's Wager (PW)....................GB discovers PW................
“Knowing God without knowing our own wretchedness makes for pride. Knowing our own wretchedness without knowing God makes for despair. Knowing Jesus Christ strikes the balance because he shows us both God and our own wretchedness.” "Two extremes: to exclude reason, to admit reason only." -Blaise Pascal

#737. Penses: "So I hold my arms to my Redeemer, who, having been foretold for four thousand years, has come to suffer and to die for me on earth, at the time and under all the cirucumstances foretold. By His grace, I await death in peace, in the hope of being eternally united to Him. Yet I live with joy, whether in the prosperity which it pleases Him to bestow upon me, or in the adversity which He sends for my good, and which He has taught me to bear by His example."
-Blaise Pascal (Born: June 19, 1623; Died: August 19, 1662, at 39 Years of Age in Paris, France)

Moves
09 Oct 13

Question #1: What If God Doesn't Exist?
A: You're an evolutionist?
Question #2: What if He Does?
A: You're a creationist?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Oct 13

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Question #2: speaking for myself, yes.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Oct 13

What do you think?[/b]
If God does not exist, then there is no meaning to this life.

If God does exist, then we have a chance to gain eternal life by this life.

The Instructor

P

Moves
09 Oct 13

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Why not both? People get lost on the idea that God created the world in 6 days. Everyone quotes the scripture, "1 day is like a 1000 yrs". Yes God could have created everything in a thousand years. For that matter, God could have created everything in an INSTANT. Time and space have no meaning to God. And as the person who goes by the chess name, The Instructor, said to me, Time is part of God's creation. I believe the person who wrote the verse, "1 day is like 1000 years" was just making a simple reference. In the same way that Jesus states we should forgive eachother 7 x 7 times. Meaning, always, or forever.
Science is ment to support all we know of God and creation. Not to become another entity. Plants may evolve, animals and humans adapt. Clearly the bible supports some of these thoughts. The reference to others in Genisis, the giants, etc. But in a single moment, God created a man and woman. With a soul. Created in the image of God.
Something to think about.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Oct 13

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Why not both? People get lost on the idea that God created the world in 6 days. Everyone quotes the scripture, "1 day is like a 1000 yrs". Yes God could have created everything in a thousand years. For that matter, God could have created everything in an INSTANT. Time and space have no meaning to God. And as the person who goes by the chess name, The Instru ...[text shortened]... d created a man and woman. With a soul. Created in the image of God.
Something to think about.
Thanks for the uncluttered honesty of your remarks. Refreshing, to say the least.

P

Moves
09 Oct 13

Thanks for the uncluttered honesty of your remarks. Refreshing, to say the least.
Grampy Bobby,seems as an unsuscribed player i can only send six texts in 24 hrs. Am i a pastor or teacher, was your question. No i am something else. But i do teach as the Spirit moves me.

Moves
09 Oct 13

What do you think?[/b]
What if WE don't exist, has that ever cross your mind?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Oct 13

Originally posted by divegeester
What if WE don't exist, has that ever cross your mind?
I am, therefore I think.
The other guy whose name also begins with the 4th letter of the alphabet, Descartes, got it dead wrong 400 years ago.

Moves
09 Oct 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
If God does not exist, then there is no meaning to this life.

If God does exist, then we have a chance to gain eternal life by this life.

The Instructor
What is the meaning of eternal life?

Cape Town

Moves
09 Oct 13
1 edit

Originally posted by JS357
I vote for

I actually don't think he is going for Pascals Wager. His OP says nothing about benefits if you believe and are right vs not believing and being wrong.

I think he is trying another popular fallacy: "What I believe offers benefits, therefore if you believe as I do you will gain those benefits". The flaw in that is obviously that believing something doesn't make it so, and the benefits exist/don't exist regardless of whether your believe it. (unlike in Pascals wager)