1. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 11:27
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    When man was in the Garden of Eden, he was outside the understanding of what the knowledge of Good and Evil. That was until he ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. At that point then good and evil became a reality for all of mankind.
    It is interresting that in the point that you are expressing. That as you study the perpectives of othe ...[text shortened]... lead you back to the beginning to where GOD said to man "do not touch" and man did not listen.
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    All we we do know is that we(mankind) has failed.

So man did not know right from wrong good from evil. He didnt listen to God but did not know that he was supposed to or that he was doing something wrong. However God still punished him for that and also punished all his decendants and all mankind (is everyone decended from Adam ?)
    And thus mankind has failed.

And then you say that God is just ?

I dont think we know right from wrong to this day, I still cant see the above as being right.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 14:291 edit
    Good and evil had no meaning before mankind came into being.
    For instance when there were only dinosaurs, some groups
    protected their young against predators and that is as close to
    'good' as it got in those days. There was no evil in a Rex chomping
    down on a sauropod. So it was mankind who invented the concept
    of good and evil, not god. It's intelligence that begats evil, and good.
  3. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    02 Dec '05 14:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Good and evil had no meaning before mankind came into being.
    For instance when there were only dinosaurs, some groups
    protected their young against predators and that is as close to
    'good' as it got in those days. There was no evil in a Rex chomping
    down on a sauropod. So it was mankind who invented the concept
    of good and evil, not god. It's intelligence that begats evil, and good.
    I agree 100% - Good an evil are defined by humanity (in my belief)

The intial question of the thread is - what if we are all wrong? What if there ARE things (beings, actions, energies) that are inherently evil and good? What if there is(are) no god(s)? What if the end goal of existance is to return to a state of pure balance of all thing? What if the multiverse is nothing more than a great experiment to prove a theory by some other beings that are so far beyond our ability to comprehend? What if all of what I just said is wrong and it is something entirely different? What if existance is something that is so confounding to the human mind that no matter what we can come up with to explain it, we will be wrong?

It was a question to spark thoughtful conversation, not prove or disprove any points, theories or beliefs...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree