1. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Joined
    26 Apr '04
    Moves
    66095
    30 Nov '05 16:351 edit
    What if the point is not good vs evil. What if the point is a balance of the two? Is it not that all things are in moderation? If it is all things, that does include good and evil. It does include faith and science.

    What if the end is nothing more than the begining? A true and perfect neutrality and a balance of all things....
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    30 Nov '05 16:381 edit
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
  3. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Joined
    26 Apr '04
    Moves
    66095
    30 Nov '05 16:40
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Now THAT is some valuble insight. I must say.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    30 Nov '05 16:45
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    Now THAT is some valuble insight. I must say.
    I replied when your post was blank. Once my post went up you had edited your's to include some content and my post was no longer relevant. So I edited it out.
  5. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Joined
    26 Apr '04
    Moves
    66095
    30 Nov '05 17:00
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I replied when your post was blank. Once my post went up you had edited your's to include some content and my post was no longer relevant. So I edited it out.
    You must forgive, I never recall posting something blank. Perhaps a glitch on the part of RHP....makes no nevermind....
    Do you actually have anything to add to the actual post or were you just here to harass?
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    30 Nov '05 17:09
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    You must forgive, I never recall posting something blank. Perhaps a glitch on the part of RHP....makes no nevermind....
    Do you actually have anything to add to the actual post or were you just here to harass?
    Your post clearly shows that it has ONE edit. It originally went up with just the title and no content. You edited it to add some content. That is a fact.

    In my response, I had incorrectly guessed as to what you thought we may all be wrong about. When you edited your post to include your ruminations on good and evil, my reply was no longer relevant. So I edited it.

    I am not harassing you. I am merely defending my actions in light of your shoddy posting skills. So, NO, I have nothing else to add to this thread.
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    97738
    30 Nov '05 17:10
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    What if the point is not good vs evil. What if the point is a balance of the two? Is it not that all things are in moderation? If it is all things, that does include good and evil. It does include faith and science.

    What if the end is nothing more than the begining? A true and perfect neutrality and a balance of all things....
    The perfect "neutrality" was the Garden of Eden. It is about good and evil now,in all things pertaining to this earth. Man has entered into an area of knowledge of understanding good and evil, that he was never equipt with when he was created. How many times did GOD create an situation as is in the life of this planet. We may never know. All we we do know is that we(mankind) has failed.
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    30 Nov '05 18:14
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    The perfect "neutrality" was the Garden of Eden.
    Neutrality is not balance, and there is nothing in the biblical account that suggests the Garden had a balance between good and evil. For ideas of balance, you might look towards Taoism, the Iroquois False Face Society, or a number of other places outside the Judeo-Christian-Muslim traditions.

    Leslie Silko's first novel, Ceremony (1977), offers some interesting perspectives regarding balance in the fusion of Western Anglo-American and Pueblo traditions. It also is one of the best books I've read.
  9. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Joined
    26 Apr '04
    Moves
    66095
    30 Nov '05 18:23
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Your post clearly shows that it has ONE edit. It originally went up with just the title and no content. You edited it to add some content. That is a fact.

    In my response, I had incorrectly guessed as to what you thought we may all be wrong about. When you edited your post to include your ruminations on good and evil, my reply was no longer relevant. So ...[text shortened]... tions in light of your shoddy posting skills. So, NO, I have nothing else to add to this thread.
    Yes, there was an edit - for a spelling mistake that was made. I never claimed that. So if you please take your ill-founded and incorrect insults and throw them at someone else.

    You are nothing but a troll. I have yet to read a thread, when you have posted something, where you do anything else but insult or instigate.

    BF101 - You are not getting it. What I am saying is what if you are wrong? What if God is NOT the correct answer? What if nothing that has been presented to the world is the correct answer?
  10. London
    Joined
    02 Mar '04
    Moves
    36061
    30 Nov '05 18:27
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    What if the point is not good vs evil. What if the point is a balance of the two? Is it not that all things are in moderation? If it is all things, that does include good and evil. It does include faith and science.

    What if the end is nothing more than the begining? A true and perfect neutrality and a balance of all things....
    Exactly how is this balance supposed to be maintained?

    "I feel like killing X. I'll flip a coin and kill him if it comes up heads. Since the probability of heads is 50%, balance will be maintained over a long period of time"?
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    30 Nov '05 18:32
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    Yes, there was an edit - for a spelling mistake that was made. I never claimed that. So if you please take your ill-founded and incorrect insults and throw them at someone else.

    You are nothing but a troll. I have yet to read a thread, when you have posted something, where you do anything else but insult or instigate.

    BF101 - You are not getting i ...[text shortened]... the correct answer? What if nothing that has been presented to the world is the correct answer?
    Your post was BLANK. There was nothing there. Your edit was to add something besides the title. Any claim to the contrary is a LIE on your part. You, sir, are a LIAR.

    If you haven't read any threads where I posted something, then it's because you haven't read very many posts. How do you think I got 610 recs, you moron? Do a little forum search, why don't you?
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    30 Nov '05 18:392 edits
    Originally posted by rwingett
    There was nothing there.
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    !!
  13. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    16907
    30 Nov '05 18:392 edits
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    😛
  14. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Joined
    26 Apr '04
    Moves
    66095
    30 Nov '05 18:45
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Your post was BLANK. There was nothing there. Your edit was to add something besides the title. Any claim to the contrary is a LIE on your part. You, sir, are a LIAR.

    If you haven't read any threads where I posted something, then it's because you haven't read very many posts. How do you think I got 610 recs, you moron? Do a little forum search, why don't you?
    Lead whatever delusions you wish. I am, in fact, not a liar. If you feel better calling me names and trying to insult, feel free, as your opinion means about as much as a pile of mosquito excrement to me.
  15. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Joined
    26 Apr '04
    Moves
    66095
    30 Nov '05 18:50
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Exactly how is this balance supposed to be maintained?

    "I feel like killing X. I'll flip a coin and kill him if it comes up heads. Since the probability of heads is 50%, balance will be maintained over a long period of time"?
    It is only a thought.... What I meant was the ultimate goal being balance. What if "good" and "evil" are only concepts there to see that the end goal of a perfect balance is achieved? What of "order" and "chaos"? These things are entirely separate from "good" and "evil" It will, of course, sway as times pass, being "good" or "evil" or "ordered" or "chaotic"....
Back to Top