what is heaven like?

what is heaven like?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jul 15

Working in the Future Kingdom: what will we be doing in heaven?

http://www.truthortradition.com/articles/working-in-the-future-kingdom-what-will-we-be-doing-in-heaven

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Jul 15

Originally posted by divegeester (addressed to Robbie)
We agree on something. Something important too.
RED LETTER DAY 😀

Hmmm . . .

Moves
02 Jul 15
3 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
I don't know. It is the limit of my knowledge to express eternity as I did and that is possibly wrong or at least incomplete.
What an enlightened response! Allow me to broaden it just a bit (for me at least):

I don't know. It is the limit of my knowledge to express ___________ as I did and that is possibly wrong or at least incomplete.

EDIT: Or, in cases where I might believe more strongly that I am right:

"I could be wrong, but--I don't think so." (Mr. Monk, from the television series Monk)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jul 15

Do any of the more scholarly Christians like sonship or you robbie, have a view on whether the word for eternity is actually translated correctly in the Bible?
The word eternity appears only once in the KJV.

Other similar words like everlasting or for ever are more properly translated 'for an era', or ' for a timeperiod'. Youngs Literal Translation is a good version to read for an understand of these passages.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jul 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
The word eternity appears only once in the KJV.

Other similar words like everlasting or for ever are more properly translated 'for an era', or ' for a timeperiod'. Youngs Literal Translation is a good version to read for an understand of these passages.
Yes,I agree, and I believe "Rev 20:10
And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
NKJV
" is similar in meaning. Correct me if I am wrong....it is also translated from ages unto ages, meaning a period of time.

rc

Moves
03 Jul 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
RED LETTER DAY 😀
makes sign with thumb and two fingers and points it at head.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
The phrase [b]"forever and ever" which presents no problems for any present physics I can think of.

Then of course in "a new heaven and new earth" God could conceivably create new physics to go along with that new universe.

"Forever and ever" is written in relation to
The duration of God's supremacy and kingdom:

- "Jehovah ...[text shortened]... v.11) . It is the same phrase but without the article - "eis aionas aionon" .[/b]
I made a typo in quoting Psalm 45:6

It should have read

The throne and life of the Messiah -

- "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. (Psalm 45:6) Compare Hebrews1:8 - "But to the Son, 'Your throne, O God, is forever and ever ..."

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Jul 15

I don't know. It is the limit of my knowledge to express eternity as I did and that is possibly wrong or at least incomplete.
You said something like after death we experience eternity.

I think we (our true selves ) come from eternity,fall into this glitch-like life where if we attend to our lives properly we will experience eternity after death, or even while still alive.
This theory implies amnesia as generally we know nothing before birth (first hand anyway). Why is it set up like this? ie. for all our uniqueness we all seem to share a common suffering - however this suffering manifests.

I reckon life is set up more or less the way it's supposed to. All the answers can be found in this awesome world. No need for aliens or gods.This type of thinking just leads to more duality and speculation.

Those that realize they are asleep already have one eye open

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jul 15
1 edit

Originally posted by lemondrop
eternity is a long, long, long time
BORING
We don't need to worry about that until the time comes. Just be assured that Heaven is more wonderful than you could imagine.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Jul 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
We don't need to worry about that until the time comes. Just be assured that Heaven is more wonderful than you could imagine.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
Oh yeah, I am SO assured. What a croc of shyte.