1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 13:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, I heard in the past that the Romans crucified and feed Christians to lions. Then later even so-called Christians burned other Christians at the stake. Seems very gruesome and distrubing if true.
    When you understand how much God loves you, none of this matters.
    During the time you mentioned, Josephus writes, Christians were honored to be fed to Lions and be martyred for Jesus Christ.
    In fact, they would argue among themselves to be next to go and be killed for the Lord. Then when in the arenas they would sing praises to the Lord.
    Nero couldn't stand the singing and would stop up his ears. Some in the audience saw something in these Christian Martyrs and would jump into the arena and confess Jesus as Lord.
    A Christian who is not persecuted today, is because he is not a threat to Satan.
    If you live godly, persecution will come. 2Tim. 3:12
    Jesus said if you want to follow Him, you need to count the cost.

My point is, what causes someone to give up all and even suffer persecution?
    Heb 12:1-2
    Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
    NKJV

Keeping our focus on Jesus, the captain of our salvation,keeps us full of joy and an expected hope.
    The suffering we endure is but for a moment, life in the Kingdom is forever.
    Besides, none of us even come close to this kind of suffering experienced by the early church.
    2 Cor 11:25-29
    Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; 26 in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; 27 in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness — 28 besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches. 29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn with indignation?
    NKJV

Paul was in prison with Silas for preaching. Prison as you know, was not like here in the US. There were no prisoners rights, no cable TV, no amenities. Yet Paul and Silas were singing praises! You know the rest of the story, an angel released them, removed their shackles. Most of us would have escaped at that instant, but not Paul, he wasn't going anywhere. He stopped the jailor from executing himself, and ended up being born again along with his whole family.
    Life with the Lord Jesus is an adventure, full of joy, knowing that whatever happens, good or bad, He is with you.
    If you want to be a Christian from a human perspective just for security and enjoy what the world has to offer, you will be disappointed.
    It does not mean God will not give you things. Nothing wrong with new cars, homes, etc., just don't put them before Him.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 13:29
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    And that means "close and intimate"?
    Yes, Fellowship is to seek the Lord on a daily basis. We should share our darkest secrets. Nothing is hidden from him anyway.
    As we form a habit of prayer, our intimacy grows, trust grows, fellowship and intimacy are basically the same.
    To know if your fellowship with the Lord is growing, just look at your fruit. As our intimacy with Him grows, so does the fruit.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 15:25
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Yes, Fellowship is to seek the Lord on a daily basis. We should share our darkest secrets. Nothing is hidden from him anyway.
    As we form a habit of prayer, our intimacy grows, trust grows, fellowship and intimacy are basically the same.
    To know if your fellowship with the Lord is growing, just look at your fruit. As our intimacy with Him grows, so does the fruit.
    Close and intimate?

In another thread you claim that Christ teachings does not apply to Christians. and that ..Today a Christian can turn from God and live lawlessly and selfishly without his everlasting life being in jeopardy

What such Christians do have is a close and intimate relationship with their own delusion, certainly not with Christ or God.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 16:22
    Close and intimate?

In another thread you claim that Christ teachings does not apply to Christians. and that ..Today a Christian can turn from God and live lawlessly and selfishly without his everlasting life being in jeopardy

What such Christians do have is a close and intimate relationship with their own delusion, certainly not with Christ or God.
    You throw out the baby with the bath water. I never said any such thing. I was referring to one verse, Matt 7:21.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 16:28
    You throw out the baby with the bath water. I never said any such thing. I was referring to one verse, Matt 7:21.
    Well maybe you can explain how you go from this in Matthew:

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

to this:

...Today a Christian can turn from God and live lawlessly and selfishly without his everlasting life being in jeopardy

Christ says one thing and you say the complete opposite. What part of that is a close and intimate relationship with Christ?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 16:33
    Well maybe you can explain how you go from this in Matthew:

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

to this:

[b]...Today a Christian can turn from God and live lawlessly and selfishly without his everlasting life being in jeopa ...[text shortened]... say the complete opposite. What part of that is a close and intimate relationship with Christ?
    It is very important that Christians understand this verse in Matthew, even though
    it was written to people who lived before the Administration of Grace.
    The general principle is that even if people do some good things or utilize the power of God, if their use of God’s power is outside the will of God such as being for their own aggrandizement or done without love, it is not pleasing to God. The phrase “depart from me” has to be taken in the context of verse 21, which speaks of entering into the Kingdom of Heaven and having everlasting life. Before the Day of Pentecost, those people who were not faithful to God will have to depart from Christ and will not receive everlasting life.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 16:412 edits
    It is very important that Christians understand this verse in Matthew, even though
    it was written to people who lived [b]before the Administration of Grace.

The general principle is that even if people do some good things or utilize the power of God, if their use of God’s power is outside the will of God such as being for their own aggrandizement o ...[text shortened]... were not faithful to God will have to depart from Christ and will not receive everlasting life.[/b]
    What is this :before the Administration of Grace.? I cannot seem to find it in the Bible, yet it appears to be so important to your doctrine.

So before the Administration of Grace., people were condemned for their sins and after the Administration of Grace. people can sin all they like?

Paul, Peter, John, Jude, all came AFTER the Administration of Grace., and yet they do not support your conclusion. In fact they all wrote of the dire consequences of continuing a life of sin. NONE OF THEM SAID YOU CAN CONTINUE ON WITH SIN ... CHRISTIANS WHO CONTINUE WITH SIN, CAN AND WILL BE CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE ... DONT BE FOOLED !!

Let me know if you want to see the references.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 16:50
    What is this :[b]before the Administration of Grace.? I cannot seem to find it in the Bible, yet it appears to be so important to your doctrine.

So before the Administration of Grace., people were condemned for their sins and after the Administration of Grace. people can sin all they like?

Paul, Peter, John, Jude, all came AFTER ...[text shortened]... ST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE ... DONT BE FOOLED !!

Let me know if you want to see the references.
    I'm not about to start another "lose your salvation if you sin" argument with you.
    But here is the part of the commentary you speak of...
    This verse is written about people before the Day of Pentecost who acted as if they are walking with Christ and obeying God but were not. Today a Christian can turn from God and live lawlessly and selfishly without his everlasting life being in jeopardy, But before the Age of Grace that was not possible because there was no New Birth and no guarantee of salvation.

It is not saying someone can be saved and continue in sin without consequences. It is saying the loss of salvation is not one them.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 16:58
    I looooove bacon!
    I've personally converted well over half a dozen people on the gospel of bacon. 😛
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 17:03
    I'm not about to start another "lose your salvation if you sin" argument with you.
    But here is the part of the commentary you speak of...
    [quote]This verse is written about people before the Day of Pentecost who acted as if they are walking with Christ and obeying God but were not. Today a Christian can turn from God and live lawlessly and selfishly wi ...[text shortened]... ed and continue in sin without consequences. It is saying the loss of salvation is not one them.
    I know what it said. Can you support that with some references?

The passages from Paul, Peter, John and Jude concerning the Christian that continues with sin are so voluminous that its pointless to post them. Im pretty sure you know them as well.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 21:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 21:47
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I guess thats one thing Checkbaiter can boast about .. he has something in common with Vladimir the Great. They both are sadly mistaken however:

1Cor 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Paul recommends excommunication for the drunkard, and lumps them together with other sinners, and clearly states that they will not be in Gods Kingdom

[iNow the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Gal 5:19-21)

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (1Co 6:9-10)
    [/i]
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 21:581 edit

14. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 22:32
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    There are loads of people that convert for reasons other than spiritual. Christianity, in the form presented nowadays, allow people to continue with their sinful lifestyle without serious consequences.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 23:43

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree