1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 00:02
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    It is not man made and it is not a religion.
    So true.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 00:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't see being a Christian is a great thing, if one is looking for earthly pleasures only. In many places, Christians are bullied and harassed and treated like third class citizens at best. In Islamic countries, there is the additional fear of being seized and put in prison for your faith or having your head cutoff at a whim.
    But being a Christian is the will of God for all mankind. The Church is made up of many members. Some suffer greatly for their faith.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 00:08
    Yes, I heard in the past that the Romans crucified and feed Christians to lions. Then later even so-called Christians burned other Christians at the stake. Seems very gruesome and distrubing if true.
    Of course it's true. Just look at what they did to Jesus.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 00:11
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Is there a good reason the change the wording of the Bible? You condemn those that use the word Trinity [not found in the Bible], yet you do the same.

YOU SAY : To have [b]a close and intimate relationship
    with Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God and God Himself. 1 John 1:3

THE BIBLE SAYS : 1John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declar ...[text shortened]... with his Son Jesus Christ.

Fellowship is not the same as a close and intimate relationship.[/b]
    "Fellowship is not the same as a close and intimate relationship."

They are both one and the same thing.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 00:12
    And that means "close and intimate"?
    Why don't you just admit you don't know what it means.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 00:13
    Yes, Fellowship is to seek the Lord on a daily basis. We should share our darkest secrets. Nothing is hidden from him anyway.
    As we form a habit of prayer, our intimacy grows, trust grows, fellowship and intimacy are basically the same.
    To know if your fellowship with the Lord is growing, just look at your fruit. As our intimacy with Him grows, so does the fruit.
    Spot on checkbaiter.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 00:21
    Close and intimate?

In another thread you claim that Christ teachings does not apply to Christians. and that ..Today a Christian can turn from God and live lawlessly and selfishly without his everlasting life being in jeopardy

What such Christians do have is a close and intimate relationship with their own delusion, certainly not with Christ or God.
    The relationship we have with God is based on what God has done to establish that relationship. How close we are to God is up to the believer based on the Word of God. Sin separates us from an intimate relationship with God, but though Jesus Christ we can overcome sin and experience a relationship with God so close that it is beyond description.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 01:17
    Originally posted by josephw
    The relationship we have with God is based on what God has done to establish that relationship. How close we are to God is up to the believer based on the Word of God. Sin separates us from an intimate relationship with God, but though Jesus Christ we can overcome sin and experience a relationship with God so close that it is beyond description.
    Right on bro.... and sin opens up the door for satan to come into your life. It is giving him permission. When we sin, we literally say to God, "Hey, step back, I got this".
    And don't think satan is not ready to step in.
    Sin enslaves, it will take all we have, but it cannot touch our spirit. That is why we can't lose our salvation. Praise God! Jesus did a magnificent job and in the same stroke, sealed satan's fate!
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 01:48
    Right on bro.... and sin opens up the door for satan to come into your life. It is giving him permission. When we sin, we literally say to God, "Hey, step back, I got this".
    And don't think satan is not ready to step in.
    Sin enslaves, it will take all we have, but it cannot touch our spirit. That is why we can't lose our salvation. Praise God! Jesus did a magnificent job and in the same stroke, sealed satan's fate!
    I totally agree.

We, as Christians, have the volition to choose between walking after the flesh or after the spirit. Romans 8:1 And when we choose to understand who we are "in Christ" we are empowered to "...make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof." Romans 13:14b&c

You are absolutely correct in saying how great it is to be a Christian.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 15:58
    Originally posted by josephw
    I totally agree.

We, as Christians, have the volition to choose between walking after the flesh or after the spirit. Romans 8:1 And when we choose to understand who we are "in Christ" we are empowered to "...make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof." Romans 13:14b&c

You are absolutely correct in saying how great it is to be a Christian.
    Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die:
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 16:29
    [b]Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die:[/b]
    True.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 17:42
    True.
    That includes Christians contrary to your claim
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 11:44
    I don't see being a Christian is a great thing, if one is looking for earthly pleasures only. In many places, Christians are bullied and harassed and treated like third class citizens at best. In Islamic countries, there is the additional fear of being seized and put in prison for your faith or having your head cutoff at a whim.
    However, you cannot dispute Jesus' words in John 10:10.

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." -- John 10:10, KJV

Being a Christian in this age is all about having life more abundantly. If you are a Christian, and your life is not "more abundant" than before you became a Christian, then clearly, you are doing something wrong.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 11:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Being a Christian in this age is all about having life more abundantly. If you are a Christian, and your life is not "more abundant" than before you became a Christian, then clearly, you are doing something wrong.
    If you link this 'wrong doing' in any way to chocolate, we will never speak again.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 11:59
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Are you insinuating that Christians cannot be sympathetic to or give advice to those who are gay or lesbian and/or but that they must rather be bigoted and condemn them as "sinful"?

I don't think you are, and yes, I realize that this wasn't the focus of your post, but I wanted to give you an opportunity to clarify your remarks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree