20 Feb '15 00:15
    Whet is the gospel that you preach?
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 04:571 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Whet is the gospel that you preach?
    We preach the "Good news of God's Kingdom" that has been established through His Son Christ Jesus as instructed by Jesus. (Matthew 10:7) As you go, preach, saying: ‘The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.’
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 16:32
    Originally posted by roigam
    We preach the "Good news of God's Kingdom" that has been established through His Son Christ Jesus as instructed by Jesus. (Matthew 10:7) As you go, preach, saying: ‘The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.’
    Thanks, I would like to see in G75 and Robbie agree with you or have anything to add?
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 17:28
    Originally posted by roigam
    The good news of God's Kingdom?

Seems to be something missing! 🙄
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 17:31
    Thanks, I would like to see in G75 and Robbie agree with you or have anything to add?
    I agree wholeheartedly.
  6. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 17:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    as do I ZEN MASTER hows the BREW MASTER?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 17:512 edits
    Originally posted by redbadger
    as do I ZEN MASTER hows the BREW MASTER?
    the Brew Master is fine, I am contemplating making a clone of Samuel Smiths Tadcaster (established in 1758) oatmeal stout - sounds tasty don't you think? What are you quaffing these days great and illustrious badger?
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 18:031 edit
    So you guys are telling me that's the Gospel you preach?

-------------

This is the Gospel that Paul brought to the Gentiles. Paul defined and prioritized the Gospel this way: “For I handed on to you, among the first things, that which I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that he was buried, yes, that he has been raised up the third day according to the Scriptures.” (1Cor. 15:1-4; NWT) This is the Gospel, according to Paul.

Another very clear expression of the content of the Gospel is given in John 3:14-18: “And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so the Son of man must be lifted up, that everyone believing in him may have everlasting life. For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him. He that exercises faith in him is not to be judged. He that does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God (NWT).” The gospel is about what God has done for us in Christ. There in nothing that we can do to earn it; we are simply called to believe it.

Romans 1:16: “For I am not ashamed of the good news; it is, in fact, God’s power for salvation to everyone having faith.. (NWT)”

(2 Corinthians 11:3,4; Galatians 1:6-9). This other gospel, if believed, nullifies the true gospel of Jesus Christ. Paul recognizes this problem when he says, “If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.” 2 Corinthians 4:3,4 (NWT).

The gospel that the WT teaches is not the same gospel as the Bible teaches. It is another gospel.

Against the clear words of the Scriptures the Watchtower is leading millions of followers into death, eternal separation from God, by teaching that one can earn eternal life through one’s own merits or works. It is presumptuous to try to add to what God has done for us in Christ. It is to treat his death and resurrection as incomplete and insufficient! Paul says, “I do not shove aside the undeserved kindness of God; for if righteousness is through law, Christ actually died for nothing.” Galations 2:21 (NWT)

Jesus Christ has paid your penalty on the cross.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 18:323 edits
    So you guys are telling me that's the Gospel you preach?

-------------

This is the Gospel that Paul brought to the Gentiles. Paul defined and prioritized the Gospel this way: “For I handed on to you, among the first things, that which I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that he was buried, yes, that he has be ...[text shortened]... ally died for nothing.” Galations 2:21 (NWT)

Jesus Christ has paid your penalty on the cross.
    'The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near', what is it about that statement that you fail to understand? Do you know what the Kingdom of the heavens is? Infact I cannot see where you even make mention of it. You did read roigams post did you not? Why do you make no mention of the Kingdom of the heavens? That's what he said he preached, did he not?
  10. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 19:10
    There is much more to be added. I kept it to the main point so you could understand.
    The main point of Jehovah's providing His Son Christ Jesus as the Messiah was to sanctify His Name. Satan had challenged Jehovah in the Garden of Eden by claiming that He had not told Adam and Eve the truth. That reproach was removed by Jesus' faithful, obedient course of life here on Earth.
    His sacrifice of his perfect human life also acted as a propitiatory provision whereby Jehovah could extend everlasting life to those who put faith in Jesus. They were reconciled in that way to Jehovah.
    We do not downplay the value of Jesus' sacrifice. We do recognize first and foremost that our Heavenly Father's purposes are preeminent to ours.
    (Matthew 6:9) “You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree