1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 19:31
    This thread will be on defining the new creation and discriminating it from the old creation.

By new creation I am referring to Second Corinthians 5:17. This is no small matter. It is more than momentous.

"So then if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old things have passed away; behold, they have become new."

This will probably my main reference. Related to this being in Christ there is the new creation in eternity -

"And He who sits on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And He said, Write, for these words are faithful and true." (Rev. 21:5)

The new creation has its own "Big Bang" so to speak. Or if you will, the new creation has its creation event. What is it? It is the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '15 15:021 edit
    Here we see that in the old creation Christ has the First place.
    And we also see that in the new creation Christ TOO has the First place.

[Christ] Who is the image of the invisible God, the Firstborn of all creation ..." (Col. 1:15)

That pertains to the old creation - the creation before the resurrection of Christ. Going on ...

"Because in Him all things were created, in the heavens and on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or lordships or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through Him and unto Him. (v.16)

And He is before all things, and all thins cohere in Him ..."

" (v.17)[/b]

This all pertains to the old creation. All came through Christ and was created for Christ and unto Christ. Now Christ is also the First and the Beginning of the new creation which commences from the resurrection of Christ -

"And He is the Head of the Body, the church; He is the beginning, the Firstborn from the dead, that He Himself might have the first place in all things; ..." (v.18)

In both the old creation and the new creation which BEGINS with the resurrection of Christ - the church, He has the first place. Christ is therefore the BEGINNING of the new creation as well -

" ... the Head of the Body, the church, He is the beginning, the Firstborn from the dead ..."

When millions of people can receive the life of Christ INTO them, they become the Body of Christ. That is the mystical Body with the one indwelling life of the risen Christ. Christ is the BEGINNING of this new item. And Christ is the Head of this Body. And Christ is the Firstborn from the dead which strongly implies others are to be born from the dead.

Christ's resurrection is seen more than a "coming BACK to life." No, instead Christ's resurrection is seen as a BIRTH - the Firstborn from the dead.

Christ in resurrection is the beginning then, of the new creation. And Revelation 3:14 says that Christ is the beginning of the creation of God, meaning the NEW creation which commences from Christ resurrection -

"And to the messenger of the church in Laodicea write: These things says the Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the beginning of the creation of God." (Rev. 3:14)

The new creation is centered upon God and man united and mingled as one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree