1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '11 18:42
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    And how do you determine what is the 'truth'? By looking in your ancient texts!! Truth, according to you and any other fundamentalist, is what is contained in whichever religion you choose to follow. So,

1. If 'science' is harmonious with my religious beliefs then it is of course correct.

2. If 'science' conflicts with my religious beliefs then it is of course, 'false', 'dishonest', 'materialistic'........etc etc.
    You have once again banded together Vedanta with all other religious text's and teachings of the world...... but Vedanta is very different than substitute religion.

Substitute religions of the world are fabricated ....and have just happened along recently, and present much error.

Vedanta is eternal and is authorized, and when Vedanta presents knowledge it is without error and therefore reliable and true.

I have also said before that spiritual truth comes to mankind in 4 different ways...

1. from the authorized Vedanta teachings

2. from the lips of the pure spiritual master.

3. from the commentaries of authorized pure saints, seers of truth, scholars and congregation of devotees..

4. from within ones pure heart from the super soul.

When all these different methods of attaining knowledge are all saying the same thing....then it is confirmation of truth.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    21 Feb '11 19:341 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You have once again banded together Vedanta with all other religious text's and teachings of the world...... but Vedanta is very different than substitute religion.

Substitute religions of the world are fabricated ....and have just happened along recently, and present much error.

Vedanta is eternal and is authorized, and when Vedanta presents knowledge it ...[text shortened]... thods of attaining knowledge are all saying the same thing....then it is confirmation of truth.

Vedanta is eternal and is authorized, and when Vedanta presents knowledge it is without error and therefore reliable and true.

I have also said before that spiritual truth comes to mankind in 4 different ways...

1. from the authorized Vedanta teachings

2. from the lips of the pure spiritual master.

3. from the commentaries of authorized pure saints, seers of truth, scholars and congregation of devotees..

4. from within ones pure heart from the super soul.

When all these different methods of attaining knowledge are all saying the same thing....then it is confirmation of truth.

What you fail to realise Dasa is that some Christian can come along and say pretty much the same thing about their religion and holy book - no Christian has any reason to ditch their religion in favour of yours and no atheist has any reason to value your claims higher than any other theist.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '11 23:57
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]You have once again banded together Vedanta with all other religious text's and teachings of the world...... but Vedanta is very different than substitute religion.

Vedanta is eternal and is authorized, and when Vedanta presents knowledg ...[text shortened]... avour of yours and no atheist has any reason to value your claims higher than any other theist.
    Of course they dont have any reason ..........because no one is interested in God, true religion, true knowledge and living like proper human being.

Most persons are only interested in lording it over this material energy to give pleasure to the senses of their material body, and this sense pleasure which they work very hard to acquire......is even available to the hogs, dogs, camels and asses.

When a person actually wants to know how they can end this cycle of birth, disease, old age and death in this temporary world of suffering.....then they may come and enquire from Vedanta........there is no where else to go for finding the solution to end this cycle.

False religion dont have the solution....science does not have the solution.....only the teachings of Vedanta will the solution be given.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 00:031 edit
    False religion dont have the solution....science does not have the solution.....only the teachings of Vedanta will the solution be given.
    These assertions are only relevant and credible to people who, like you, acknowledge and submit to the "authority" of Vedic teachings.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 04:181 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    These assertions are only relevant and credible to people who, like you, acknowledge and submit to the "authority" of Vedic teachings.
    Many persons reject authority....its not hard to do and even a 7 year old can do that.

But it is much more difficult to accept authority, and requires strength of character and principled living which many do not care for.

Look at what happens with the youth, and see that the ones that dont control their lusty natures are running around and partying and looking for sex not caring for their future.....but then you see others who do control their minds and they do long periods of study for their career and are thinking for the future.

Later you see the first person who is working in a factory sweeping floors and the second person is a doctor.

Now what was the easier path and what was the harder path.

To do the right thing will always be the hardest path, and therefore to simply and whimsically reject authority is of no credit to the person, and in fact just shows their weak character.

The authority is not the authority by legislation....but by evidence, and if you submit to this authority you WILL get the result of understanding God and finally returning back to Godhead.

If the authority is not the authority you will never receive any results for your spiritual endeavours.

But many persons who have followed the authority of Vedanta have advanced along the path and have received legitimate spiritual realization which cannot be faked or discredited.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 04:24
    But it is much more difficult to accept authority, and requires strength of character and principled living which many do not care for.
    Well I do not acknowledge nor submit to the "authority" of Vedic teachings. Whether you think this indicates something negative about my strength of character or my principles in life - or indeed if you think my intellect and spiritual mindmap is similar to that of a 7 year old - is immaterial.

Assertions like these are only relevant and credible to people who recognize the "authority" of Vedic teachings and your insults, whether they be raw and personal, or delivered with what you think is clever subtlety, will only ring true to other people who, like you, submit to the Vedic "authority".
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 04:28
    To do the right thing will always be the hardest path, and therefore to simply and whimsically reject authority is of no credit to the person, and in fact just shows their weak character.
    What the "right thing" is or isn't, in this context, is subjective. It does not effect me if you call me "weak". My refusal to accept Vedic "authority" has nothing to do with "whimsy".
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 08:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    What the "right thing" is or isn't, in this context, is subjective. It does not effect me if you call me "weak". My refusal to accept Vedic "authority" has nothing to do with "whimsy".
    Of course it is whimsical, because it is based on misunderstanding and not understanding.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 09:45

Vedanta is eternal and is authorized, and when Vedanta presents knowledge it ...[text shortened]... thods of attaining knowledge are all saying the same thing....then it is confirmation of truth.

What you have failed to grasp, yet, is that you are a fundamentalist. Just another wally who thinks his ancient text is the truth and who seeks to impose this nonsense on the rest of the world.

If science is harmonious with Vedanta then it is of course true, if science conflicts with your ancient text then it is of course false. That's what you believe, and so does every fundamentalist Christian, Jew, Muslim etc etc. You're all the same, but of course you all believe that only YOU have the one true religion and all the rest are wrong, fabricated, in error, blasphemous, and on and on and on and on...............................
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 11:15
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]You have once again banded together Vedanta with all other religious text's and teachings of the world...... but Vedanta is very different than substitute religion.

What you have failed to grasp, yet, is that you are a fundamentalist. Just another wally who thinks his ancient text is the truth and who seeks to impose this nonsense on the rest o ...[text shortened]... fabricated, in error, blasphemous, and on and on and on and on...............................[/b]
    Why do you say ancient.....its not ancient, its beyond ancient, its eternal and never changing for truth never changes.

Truth cannot be fabricated two thousand years ago.

What was created two thousand years ago is fabricated.

Eternal knowledge cannot be fabricated.....for it is eternal and has always been.

Banding together fabricated religion and eternal spirituality cannot be done.

Vedanta is that eternal original spiritual teaching and there is no second.
  11. Wat?
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 11:28
    Why do you say ancient.....its not ancient, its beyond ancient, its eternal and never changing for truth never changes.

Truth cannot be fabricated two thousand years ago.

What was created two thousand years ago is fabricated.

Eternal knowledge cannot be fabricated.....for it is eternal and has always been.

Banding together fabricated religion and et ...[text shortened]... y cannot be done.

Vedanta is that eternal original spiritual teaching and there is no second.
    There was no such thing as language, until it developed.

How can Vedanta script be eternal?

That's a simple question,

Or maybe for you it is not. Do you believe language has always existed?

-m.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree