1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 02:402 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Legal abortion has been shown to correlate with decreased crime, but the religious right opposes it on religious grounds.
    Why not just kill them when they commit the crime instead of guessing which one will turn out bad by aborting them? Would'nt that decrease the crime level as well? Why not just start killing off people below a certain socio-economic level? Would'nt that decrease our crime rate?

This type of reasoning is why genocide is alive and well in the world today.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 02:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why not just kill them when they commit the crime? Would'nt that decrease the crime level as well? Why not just start killing off people below a certain socio-economic level? Would'nt that decrease our crime rate?
    I don't know if execution decreases crime. I suppose it can if implemented in certain ways. Murder of poor people might help too, or it might not; I have no idea. Look at the Rodney King riots and the American Revolution for why such harsh measures might not work.

Do you have any evidence that such things would reduce crime? I have evidence that abortion does.

The traditionally American way to look at this issue is that persons have a right to life, but that fetuses and embryos do not have person status. This is in contrast to the Christian way of looking at it and makes much more scientific sense. All evidence is that the nervous system and brain are what cause a person to exist, and at least in the beginning the fetus does not have these and is therefore not a person. In contrast the Christian prefers to talk about "souls" whatever those are.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 02:581 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I don't know if execution decreases crime. I suppose it can if implemented in certain ways. Murder of poor people might help too, or it might not; I have no idea. Look at the Rodney King riots and the American Revolution for why such harsh measures might not work.

Do you have any evidence that such things would reduce crime? I have evidence that ...[text shortened]... re not a person. In contrast the Christian prefers to talk about "souls" whatever those are.
    Yes, the unborn are not really human. Just like the slave in the 1800's was not really human and just like the Jew in Nazi Germany was not really human. I believe scientists at that time also used science to help justify their views as well.

There is but one thing to do with subhumans such as the unborn and that is do with them what you will. AFter all, you are the master race who has the nervous system that is far better developed than the inferior unborn fetus!!!
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 03:341 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yes, the unborn are not really human. Just like the slave in the 1800's was not really human and just like the Jew in Nazi Germany was not really human. I believe scientists at that time also used science to help justify their views as well.

There is but one thing to do with subhumans such as the unborn and that is do with them what you will. AFter al ...[text shortened]... race who has the nervous system that is far better developed than the inferior unborn fetus!!!
    I didn't say the unborn weren't human. Why are you mischaracterizing what I said?

Please give some examples of science used to support racism. I think I can easily show the lack of scientific validity of any such argument. I'd find it interesting to do this with only those facts known at the time, though I don't know if such facts are easily accessible nowadays.

A "race" is not something dependent on age or state of development. It's a biological hypothesis which has been demonstrated false and which depends on ancestry. You're really reaching here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree