1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 May '18 02:29
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Democracy is kinda stupid. Why should a thousand idiots outweigh a few geniuses.
    Democracy is kinda stupid. Why should a thousand idiots outweigh a few geniuses. [sic]

Good question. But if some of them would learn to punctuate their questions with a question mark the masses might be more impressed to hand over everything to those few.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '18 05:45
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Ok I get that you would rather be a robot devoid of free will. It's God's fault that people use their free will to murder, rape and steal?
    From what I understand (could obviously be wrong,) angels used to have free will but lost it after Lucifer’s rebellion.

Maybe somebody knows if that is accurate?
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    17 May '18 05:05
    FMF is probably right. I do not even have kids, but I imagine the second that I have one, that would be my worst fear.

Indeed, I have had anxiety about whether or not I would have a healthy child. I have weird fears that maybe my fiancee and myself could have some congenital disease or condition that would make the situation less than ideal.

Like... I am afraid of heights more than others... and on some personal level the greatest fear that I would ahve would be dangling from a ledge and falling, or being forced to climb a cliff without any rope...

But the likelihood that I would face that is really small.

So, in reality, my largest practical fear would be something like having an unhealthy child and having to deal with that.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 May '18 20:25
    Originally posted by @fmf
    The last time this came up, I said that my worst fear (in terms of broad life events and not ghastly accidents or sadistic criminal acts) was having to go to my own child's funeral.

twhitehead [oh my, don't you miss him?] called me out and said I didn't really fear that more than anything else (and that some kind of suffering while still alive would be a wo ...[text shortened]... t regardless: burying any of my children before I die myself ~ my worst fear.

What about you?
    My worst fear is going to prison for something that I didn't do, and then having to share a cell with 60 gay guys.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 May '18 21:18
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    My worst fear is going to prison for something that I didn't do, and then having to share a cell with 60 gay guys.
    Yes, you might find out you like it! 😛

-VR
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 May '18 15:00
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Yes, you might find out you like it! 😛

-VR
    My worst fear is Very Rusty stumbling upon the Spirituality Forum.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '18 15:02
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    My worst fear is Very Rusty stumbling upon the Spirituality Forum.
    You may say that in jest, but he's one of the reasons I can rarely be bothered to post on the General Forum. 🙂
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 May '18 15:22
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You may say that in jest, but he's one of the reasons I can rarely be bothered to post on the General Forum. 🙂
    Was no jest in my post sir.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree