1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 00:09
    Originally posted by galveston75
    But is this all that Jesus said for us to do? There is more......
    Any thoughts on my comment? What other works did Jesus say we HAVE to do?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 06:02
    Originally posted by JS357
    I think God is looking for His old job back, and finding few willing to pay what He's asking.
    This is remarkably insightful.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 06:05
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Exactly backwards and you've got it.
    Nice observation from your point of view.
    If you think everyone is "going backwards" then perhaps you need to take another look at your own direction.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 12:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If you think everyone is "going backwards" then perhaps you need to take another look at your own direction.
    Not everyone, just those who reject God. The worst are the onrs who reject God but don't know it.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 13:32
    Not everyone, just those who reject God. The worst are the onrs who reject God but don't know it.
    You, who ooze hatred and egotism, know nothing of god.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 13:36
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    You, who ooze hatred and egotism, know nothing of god.
    Says the person who rejects God.

In other words....

You are a person who rejects God and His truth, but from your point of view I am evil.

You are one who calls evil good and calls good evil.
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 13:46
    Says the person who rejects God.

In other words....

You are a person who rejects God and His truth, but from your point of view I am evil.

You are one who calls evil good and calls good evil.
    You don't know the difference between good and evil, you very silly person. You declare yourself a christian and wave your foetid ego around like some sort of badge of your own stupidity. How amusing it will be if the god of the bible is in fact true, just so that you can be judged.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 14:001 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    In the book of John people asked Jesus what works must do in this was his answer: John 6:28-29
    28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
    What kind of work is God looking for?

I believe he already has a job.

Just say'in.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 14:19
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    In the book of John people asked Jesus what works must do in this was his answer: John 6:28-29
    28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
    Ok, so what has your god said to YOU personally? What kind of good work did it tell YOU to do?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 04:28
    James 2:18
    Nevertheless, someone will say: “You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.”

James 2:22
    You see that his faith was active along with his works and his faith was perfected by his works.

John 5:17
    But he answered them: “My Father has kept working until now, and I keep working.”

John 14:12
    Most truly I say to you, whoever exercises faith in me will also do the works that I do; and he will do works greater than these, because I am going my way to the Father.

So again what are the works that Jesus is speaking of here since he is clearly saying that works are needed. Faith alone does not do it.

Could this command from Jesus be part of those works?

"And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come". MATT 24:14

“Go, . . . and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them . . . , teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.”—MATT. 28:19, 20.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 11:30
    Originally posted by galveston75
    James 2:18
    Nevertheless, someone will say: “You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.”

James 2:22
    You see that his faith was active along with his works and his faith was perfected by his works.

John 5:17
    But he answered them: “My Father has kept working until now, and I kee ...[text shortened]... ing them . . . , teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.”—MATT. 28:19, 20.
    “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10

I don't think 'good works' are limited to evangelical undertakings.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 11:34
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10

I don't think 'good works' are limited to evangelical undertakings.
    Since you assume there is no objective standard for measuring 'good' and 'evil' how can you even claim to know that what you view to be 'good works' are in fact 'good works' in reality?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 11:53
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Since you assume there is no objective standard for measuring 'good' and 'evil' how can you even claim to know that what you view to be 'good works' are in fact 'good works' in reality?
    Okay, you've flogged the whole objective moral absolute thing to death.

What else you got?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 12:325 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ok, so what has your god said to YOU personally? What kind of good work did it tell YOU to do?

The good work that God told me to do is to open up my heart, my soul, my life and my whole being and let Jesus Christ come into me.

God showed me that the nature of me is as a vessel. I am as a container designed to be filled with a Divine / Human Someone that we two may blend. The work that God wants me to do is to allow Him to work Jesus Christ into every part of my being.

When God fully accomplishes this working of Himself in Christ into millions of people He will fully have what is called "His MASTERPIECE". The word transliterated from Greek to English is "POIEMA". It is the word from which we derive in English poem.

The POIEMA of God is the masterpiece showing forth His eternal wisdom, His infinite skill, and His masterful creativity. God's POIEMA is like to God what a great composer's last symphony is or a great artist's final work of genius is.

" For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; Not of works than no one should boast.

For we are His MASTERPIECE
    [ POIEMA ] , created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand in order that we would walk in them." (Eph. 2:8-10)
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 02:561 edit
    Revelation 4 - What is God's eternal purpose? What is His plan and arrangement? What is the good pleasure of His will ? His permissive will we want, or His perfect will?

"I will not settle for what God allows me to do. God has a perfect will. What is it?" R. Kangus

Brother Ron Kangus

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree