1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 05:50
    In the book of John people asked Jesus what works must do in this was his answer: John 6:28-29
    28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 07:25
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    In the book of John people asked Jesus what works must do in this was his answer: John 6:28-29
    28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
    That's right RB, because Jesus is the only one that can save us from our sins.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 18:52
    The chief work of God is for God to work Christ into man.
    The main work of God is to wrought and work Jesus Christ into those who believe in Him.

This work begins by initially believing into Christ. And it continues by believing Christ can be everything we need. Hence God does His work to wrought the Son of God into man's being.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 19:26

What work? To give up being yourself and be like him.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 20:02
    Originally posted by Eladar
    When are you planning to start this work?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 20:30

But is this all that Jesus said for us to do? There is more......
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 21:08
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    When are you planning to start this work?
    Yeah, I need to.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 21:35
    I think that is impossible, which is why we need Christ in us.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 21:53
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I think that is impossible, which is why we need Christ in us.
    Impossible to achieve, but not impossible to make improvement. Which means that since it is impossible to totally achieve it is not what we should attempt to do.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 22:06
    Impossible to achieve, but not impossible to make improvement. Which means that since it is impossible to totally achieve it is not what we should attempt to do.
    I should have said impossible on our own, with Christ all things are possible.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 22:21
    I didn't know god was looking for work!
    I thought he retired years ago and passed on the family business to his son.
    (Who by the way has run it down shockingly)
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Feb '17 23:16

Okay, not more of this, "I believe because God ordained that I should believe, back when he created the world", nonsense. That's more love of self over love of God.

John Calvin told a lot of people just what he thought they wanted to hear, and most of it is unbiblical. Not every Christian is one of the elect, but it's easy to be talked into thinking you are. Ego responds to constant feeding. Better that one should focus on God, not oneself. A lot of damage has been caused by people thinking that they are Christian because "God said so", and that others are not because "God doesn't want them".
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 12:41
    The 6th chapter of John is very much about eating. Jesus presents Himself as the true bread that came down from heaven. In other words the manna that came down upon the Israelites in the wilderness for forty years was a symbol of Christ.

Christ is the true "food" from God out of heaven. What we eat becomes a part of our being. We are constituted from all the food stuff that we eat. God wants to work Christ into His chosen and redeemed people. So He feeds them with Christ who gets into them. saturates them, constitutes them, and builds Himself into the "fabric" of their whole being.

The reality that He experienced as a man is a model of the same path which all His believers must walk in.

"As the living Father sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me.

This is the bread which came down out of heaven, not as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread shall live forever." (John 6:57,58)

This is "eating" Jesus by taking Jesus into each chamber of our hearts.
    This is believing that Jesus can be enjoyed in every corner of our living.
    This is taking in Jesus Christ where ever there is a hunger for life and right living.

This is allowing God to work Jesus Christ into all the total "fabric" of our human living by means of enjoying Jesus and feasting on Jesus. In short that is exercising our believing on and into Jesus.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 17:21
    I think God is looking for His old job back, and finding few willing to pay what He's asking.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Feb '17 17:46
    Originally posted by JS357
    I think God is looking for His old job back, and finding few willing to pay what He's asking.
    Exactly backwards and you've got it.
    Nice observation from your point of view.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree