1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '09 05:29
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Is this just a Catholic-bashing session or do you actually have something of real substance to say?
    I repeat, Is this just a Catholic-bashing session or does anyone actually have something of real substance to say?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '09 05:29
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    The Pope wipes his arse after each crap and put his pants on one leg at a time so, yes, he is very fallible. God alone is infallible.
    I have to marvel at this display of erudition. O sage, what more insights can we expect from you?
  3. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    14 Mar '09 05:32
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Heh, nice pun. 😏
    Thank you, I was hoping somebody might be open minded enough to see that the motivation for the thread was levity. 🙂
  4. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    14 Mar '09 05:40
    Is this just a Catholic-bashing session or do you actually have something of real substance to say?
    Catholic bashing??? no. Something of substance to say??? Probably not. In fact the text I made light of was from the protestant bible. Did you not notice that?
  5. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    14 Mar '09 05:48
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    The Pope wipes his arse after each crap and put his pants on one leg at a time so, yes, he is very fallible. God alone is infallible.
    I wonder then why God looked down in the days of Noah and "regretted that He had made man" seems to border on fallibility to me just a tiny bit.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '09 05:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Mar '09 06:08
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The Pope walks into a bar - he finds some guys arguing with their friend, who is a midget. "Holy crap, it's the Pope!", says the midget, "I'll ask him!"

"Sir, are there any midget nuns in America?"
    "Oh, no", says the Pope.
    "How about in the world - are there any of them anywhere in the world?"
    "No no", replies the Pope.
    "Is there even such a THING as a midget nun?"
    "Of course not!", replies the pope.

His friends then burst out laughing, chanting:
    Joe screwed a Pen-guin, Joe screwed a Pen-guin!"
  8. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    14 Mar '09 06:16
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Wow. You want me to do all those things simultaneously?. First of all since when was the Holy Roman Church a minority? Secondly, I have not attacked anything or anyone. Thirdly, I have the inestimable honour to be married to an American person, and have great admiratiion for black people . Fourthly, gay people are following and enjoying the few freedoms that so called straight folk allow them to have, why should I attack them?, because your suggestion that I should is not a motivation for me. Finally, you bring to my mind another scripture from the protestant bible, "It is hard for the to kick against the pricks" I doubt you would agree, but I think perhaps you are making a mountain out of a molehill.
  9. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    14 Mar '09 06:17
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The Pope walks into a bar - he finds some guys arguing with their friend, who is a midget. "Holy crap, it's the Pope!", says the midget, "I'll ask him!"

"Sir, are there any midget nuns in America?"
    "Oh, no", says the Pope.
    "How about in the world - are there any of them anywhere in the world?"
    "No no", replies the Pope.
    "Is there even such a THING ...[text shortened]... ing, chanting:
    Joe screwed a Pen-guin, Joe screwed a Pen-guin!"
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooohhh boy! God will get you for that!!!!!
  10. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    14 Mar '09 06:27
    Originally posted by muppyman
    Wow. You want me to do all those things simultaneously?. First of all since when was the Holy Roman Church a minority? Secondly, I have not attacked anything or anyone. Thirdly, I have the inestimable honour to be married to an American person, and have great admiratiion for black people . Fourthly, gay people are following and enjoying the few freedoms tha ...[text shortened]... cks" I doubt you would agree, but I think perhaps you are making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Apology for the typo. That scripture should read "It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks."
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Mar '09 23:11
    Wow. You want me to do all those things simultaneously?. First of all since when was the Holy Roman Church a minority? Secondly, I have not attacked anything or anyone. Thirdly, I have the inestimable honour to be married to an American person, and have great admiratiion for black people . Fourthly, gay people are following and enjoying the few freedoms tha ...[text shortened]... cks" I doubt you would agree, but I think perhaps you are making a mountain out of a molehill.
    As I see, there is only one Catholics on this forum, sometimes two. Yet every week I come on this forum, I find at least one or two derisive comments against the Catholic Church. And the purpose of this thread seems just to make fun of papal infallibility.
  12. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    15 Mar '09 00:00
    As I see, there is only one Catholics on this forum, sometimes two. Yet every week I come on this forum, I find at least one or two derisive comments against the Catholic Church. And the purpose of this thread seems just to make fun of papal infallibility.
    I sympathise with your regular weekly disappointment at this forum. I personally dont come here as frequently as that. As an atheist I feel entitled to see humour even in things that some consider sacred. The purpose of this thread was to express my surprise at the news that the Holy Father himself disclaims his infallibility, and to highlight the irony of it. I stand by my assertion that the Church of Rome suffers no minority among Christian denominations.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '09 01:48
    The purpose of this thread was to express my surprise at the news that the Holy Father himself disclaims his infallibility
    Maybe I haven't been watching the news. When did he do that?
  14. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    15 Mar '09 02:36
    Maybe I haven't been watching the news. When did he do that?
    MADRID — The letter released Thursday in which Pope Benedict XVI admitted that the Vatican had made “mistakes” in handling the case of a Holocaust-denying bishop was unprecedented in its directness, its humanity and its acknowledgment of papal fallibility.

But it also contained two sentences unique in the annals of church history.

“I have been told that consulting the information available on the Internet would have made it possible to perceive the problem early on,” Benedict wrote. “I have learned the lesson that in the future in the Holy See we will have to pay greater attention to that source of news.”

Cant find the actual item I saw originally, but this one refers to the story concerned.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Mar '09 05:22
    MADRID — The letter released Thursday in which Pope Benedict XVI admitted that the Vatican had made “mistakes” in handling the case of a Holocaust-denying bishop was unprecedented in its directness, its humanity and its acknowledgment of papal fallibility.

But it also contained two sentences unique in the annals of church history.

“I have been told ...[text shortened]... ews.”

Cant find the actual item I saw originally, but this one refers to the story concerned.
    The Pope never admitted papal fallibility. Read his letter:

http://chiesa.espresso.repubblica.it/articolo/1337492?eng=y

The Pope acknowledges that mistakes were made, not by himself, but those in the Vatican who were ignorant of Bishop Williamson's denial of the Holocaust and who failed to explain properly to journalists the meaning of lifting the excommunications.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree