1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 17:44
    Alas nook7, while I am in complete agreement that there are one or two posters whose forum behaviour is indeed extremely rude, extraordinarily stupid, intellectually dishonest and, I would add, spiritually bankrupt, I don't see that this contravenes the terms of membership so I don't think there's anything that can be done. There's always the famous GBaway, provided you are happy to use Firefox. I didn't find it a satisfactory solution myself - I just largely ignore them nowadays.
  2. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 08:57
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Alas nook7, while I am in complete agreement that there are one or two posters whose forum behaviour is indeed extremely rude, extraordinarily stupid, intellectually dishonest and, I would add, spiritually bankrupt, I don't see that this contravenes the terms of membership so I don't think there's anything that can be done. There's always the famous ...[text shortened]... fox. I didn't find it a satisfactory solution myself - I just largely ignore them nowadays.
    Thank you for your post avalanchethecat, posts such as yours allow me hope for humanity.

Surely humankind will evolve eventually so such superstition can be put in its rightful place.

One can only hope that the idiocy displayed by a few is not contagious.

Cheers
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 09:14
    Originally posted by nook7
    Surely humankind will evolve eventually so such superstition can be put in its rightful place.
    Not unless we engage in Eugenics. At present, theists have, I believe, more children on average than atheists.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 18:02
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Killing is never necessary, I'd rather die
    As long as the killing is not murder, it is not forbidden. Jesus clarified
    that the commandment is, "Thou shalt do no murder". But Jesus went
    on to say that if you are angry with your brother, you have committed
    murder in your heart. So I understand that to mean to be angry with
    your brother is worse than killing someone in self-defense.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 19:291 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Not unless we engage in Eugenics. At present, theists have, I believe, more children on average than atheists.
    Nope, that's not necessary. We'll see a drastic reduction in the number of Christians worldwide in our lifetime, never fear. I just wonder whose hand it will really be on the machine guns.

On the other hand, when it becomes mandatory to worship the AntiChrist as God, there will suddenly, miraculously, be no atheists, either, only converts. Go figure.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 19:401 edit
    Originally posted by nook7
    Thank you for your post avalanchethecat, posts such as yours allow me hope for humanity.

One can only hope that the idiocy displayed by a few is not contagious.

Cheers
    How ironic it is of you, of all people, to say that you hope that the idiocy
    displayed by a few is not contagious.

P.S. Sorry, I was thinking of someone else.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 20:40
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    As long as the killing is not murder, it is not forbidden. Jesus clarified
    that the commandment is, "Thou shalt do no murder". But Jesus went
    on to say that if you are angry with your brother, you have committed
    murder in your heart. So I understand that to mean to be angry with
    your brother is worse than killing someone in self-defense.
    Now listen. You tell me why we need to kill anything? Humans are stupid if they think they need to.
    What sport? Food?
    Dont make me laugh. I dont care what anyone said, and you will not convince me otherwise, killing anything conciously is wrong (as long as it is not food for suvival, then it gets complex).
    Next time you goto kill a plant just take the top two thirds off. See how the plant reacts to that? What is llife telling you?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 21:50
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Now listen. You tell me why we need to kill anything? Humans are stupid if they think they need to.
    What sport? Food?
    Dont make me laugh. I dont care what anyone said, and you will not convince me otherwise, killing anything conciously is wrong (as long as it is not food for suvival, then it gets complex).
    Next time you goto kill a plant just take the top two thirds off. See how the plant reacts to that? What is llife telling you?
    It is good to laugh sometimes. Since you will not be convinced,
    I will not waste my time trying.
  9. Standard memberpyxelated
    Dawg of the Lord
    The South
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 22:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Nope, that's not necessary. We'll see a drastic reduction in the number of Christians worldwide in our lifetime, never fear. I just wonder whose hand it will really be on the machine guns.

On the other hand, when it becomes mandatory to worship the AntiChrist as God, there will suddenly, miraculously, be no atheists, either, only converts. Go figure.
    "She could never be a saint, but she thought she could be a martyr if they killed her quick." --Flannery O'Connor

If worse comes to worst, I hope and pray to be capable of that, at least.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 22:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is good to laugh sometimes. Since you will not be convinced,
    I will not waste my time trying.
    I'll go one step furthur and say, (since no one has really contended any of the things I said on the "Happy Meat" thread), that "not killing anything if possible" is a major cornerstone of any decent religon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree