1. WORK
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 15:39
    And he rolls back that giant boulder and sees his shadow.
    Do we have 6 more weeks of winter?
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 15:49
    Originally posted by Weadley
    Yes. Just enough time to accept him into our hearts before the Rapture begins.

He is indeed a merciful God.
  3. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 15:58
    LOL! deserves a rec!
  4. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 18:32
    Your hatred opens the eyes of others.

Thank you for your 'joke'.
  5. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 19:44
    Originally posted by Darfius

Feel free to post atheist jokes. I'm sure some folks would enjoy them.
  6. Graceland.
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 20:44
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Yes. Just enough time to accept him into our hearts before the Rapture begins.

He is indeed a merciful God.

Endless suffering awaits Darvey. Sadly you just don't see it.
  7. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 02:07
    Originally posted by Darfius

Joke = Hatred

Strong words from a Christian Darfius.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 02:151 edit
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Joke = Hatred

Strong words from a Christian Darfius.
    Other than the fact that it makes light of Christianity in a general sense for the purpose of humor, with no specific stereotypes being espoused, I fail to see how this is insulting to Christians. Would it be insulting to make a joke about Britian in which the fact that it's an island is central to the punchline?
  9. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 03:05
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Other than the fact that it makes light of Christianity in a general sense for the purpose of humor, with no specific stereotypes being espoused, I fail to see how this is insulting to Christians. Would it be insulting to make a joke about Britian in which the fact that it's an island is central to the punchline?
    Maybe you fail to see the insult because you are not Christian, or don't hold the resurrection of Christ as the most important event in the history of Man as millions of Christians do....just because a stereotype is lacking doesn't make it any less offensive. Your example of Britain as being an Island and using that fact to develop a punchline to a joke is disingenious...please don't ask me to debate this or back it up with facts...this is just my opinion of your post. Have a nice day....😉
  10. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 06:58
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    Your example of Britain as being an Island and using that fact to develop a punchline to a joke is disingenious...please don't ask me to debate this or back it up with facts...this is just my opinion of your post. Have a nice day....😉[/b]
    Come back and debate us! We love a good debate here. Especially one that contains facts.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 09:141 edit
    As someone who worships Punxsutawney Phil, I find this joke in shockingly poor taste. Phil's prophecies have proven far more accurate than pikers like Daniel as this site will attest to: http://www.groundhog.org/faq/
  12. NY
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 09:19
    i think this link should be a running joke.. here ill start it out..
    ahem..

"A catholic priest a small boy and a cow walk in to a bar...."
  13. England
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 10:26
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Come back and debate us! We love a good debate here. Especially one that contains facts.
    what is your point, if you do not think the resurrection took place, or is the point you wish no historical fact. I understand the disbelief as we are told thomas did and the jews are said to have put it about that the disiples removed the body. but all this i have to say is down to belief in jesus as our saviour if you do not belive then no matter what is belived by christians you will debunk in some way, but we have our faith and that promotes our understanding.
  14. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 10:50
    Originally posted by stoker
    what is your point, if you do not think the resurrection took place, or is the point you wish no historical fact. I understand the disbelief as we are told thomas did and the jews are said to have put it about that the disiples removed the body. but all this i have to say is down to belief in jesus as our saviour if you do not belive then no matter what is be ...[text shortened]... istians you will debunk in some way, but we have our faith and that promotes our understanding.

I have no objection to people having faith in what they are told. Indeed, this is the basis of Christianity. My problem arises when the faithful feel (like our literalist friend Darfius) that he has to twist history and science to make reality fit the literal interpretation of the Bible.

Go in peace Stoker. I have no battle with the Faithful. Only the literalists and fundamentalists who wish to stick their beliefs down my throat and change society to fit their narrow mores.
  15. WORK
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 14:53
    NO HATE HERE.
    JUST A FUNNY JOKE.
    The joke starts out with 3 dumb blondes who all die in a terrible accident. St. Peter would like to let them all in but they have to answer some questions first. He decides to go easy on them and if only one of them can answer one question correctly they all 3 get into heaven.
    First question: what is the meaning of Easter. First one chimes up, "it is when we all get together and share a large meal in honor of all that we have to be thankfull for. St. Peter shakes his head. He asked the next dumb blonde the same question. She answers: " Easter is when we all exchange gifts in honor of the birth of baby jesus"?. St. Peter shakes his head. Same question for the last dumb blonde: She starts out, "Easter is the holiday that coincides with the jewish passover holiday, Jesus had his last supper with his disciples but was betrayed by Judas" St. Peter nods his head and she continues. "Jesus was killed by the Romans and was buried in a cave with a huge boulder rolled in front of the entrance". Ahh yes says St. Peter. She continues
    "On the third day Jesus rose from the dead" Yes yes says the Saint.
    "Then jesus rolled back the boulder on that third day, and if he sees his shadow we have 6 more weeks of winter"! Oy! Oy vay! Poor St. Peter slaps his forehead.

See no hate.
    Just a funny joke.
    Happy Easter and God bless!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree