04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 10:32
    Originally posted by sonship
    I don't know.
    Maybe because of bestiality.

But I don't know.
    "I don't know."
    you don't need to know, right? if the bible said god did it, it must have been righteous.

a normal human will cringe at the thought of children being murdered. you however don't. not for more than the second it takes to repeat yourself "god is good even if he murders children"
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 10:34
    Most of your comments attempting to teach the Bible are rough, course and shallow. It is something like giving a gorilla a violin to play.

He just is too shallow and rough to know what to do with a violin except maybe to pound it to pieces on the ground.

The self serving national propaganda theory falls woefully short.
    The discipline from thie ...[text shortened]... , you shall blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven, you shall not forget."
    [/quote][/b]
    " In the story that I referenced it should be noted that Saul mercifully warned the Kenites to leave the midst of the Amalekites so that they would not be destroyed with the in God's judgment."

yes, he didn't commit genocide on 2 people, only one. he is a bastion of mercy.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 10:381 edit
    Most of your comments attempting to teach the Bible are rough, course and shallow. It is something like giving a gorilla a violin to play.

He just is too shallow and rough to know what to do with a violin except maybe to pound it to pieces on the ground.

The self serving national propaganda theory falls woefully short.
    The discipline from thie ...[text shortened]... , you shall blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven, you shall not forget."
    [/quote][/b]
    so because a warlord attacked another tribe (who might have been passing through his lands, the bible isn't clear), saul had to kill ever man, woman and child, how many years after that? a hundred, 2 hundred?

great idea.
    should we kill all the mongolians today because of what ghenghis khan did ?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 15:10
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    some horrible people didn't want to create an inclusive society so they horribly killed men,women and children in order to exterminate their entire culture (this is called genocide) and then lied that god told them to.

thousands of years later, we invented the internet so that horrible people can make a "pity can be downfall" thread where they praise said genocide.
    Talk about "missing the point".

You miss the point because you have no love for God in your heart. You're just another Christian here who is not doing his fellow Christians any favors.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 15:144 edits
    " In the story that I referenced it should be noted that Saul mercifully warned the Kenites to leave the midst of the Amalekites so that they would not be destroyed with the in God's judgment."

I think it is more like seeing there could be conceivably a time when the amputation of a limb of a sick person is an act of mercy to that person.

Men think "It could not possibly get THAT bad in a society that women, children, along with combatant men and animals God would kill."

Apparently things on earth could get that bad.

Now if someone objects that "This gives ground for religious fanatics to commit genocide with the Bible's support !!" Yes it could with extreme fanaticism.

If you recall in another recent thread of mine I elaborate on Christ's words to some supposedly working in His name -

" Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but he who does the will of My Father who is in the heavens.

Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, was it not in Your name that we prophesied, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name did many works of power?

And we conceivably could add to this "heads up" warning that some will boast that they killed in His name too, or had slaves in His name, or raped slave women in His name, or shot doctors in His name, or something else in His name.

"And then I will declare to them: I never knew you. Depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness." (Matthew 7:21-23)

So at least with my faith there is the fearful prospect of a final judgment, not only of unbelievers but believers working "in Your name".

But with atheism there is no final accountability. The same atrocities are committed religiously perhaps, and the perpetrators will only melt peacefully into the dust of oblivion. The Christians Gospel has more inevitable accountability to an Ultimate Authority than Humanism / Atheism presents.

So some of us have a wider scope. We realize that this spectrum of possible things includes -

1.) Things getting SO BAD with a society that it all has to be terminated.

2.) Hypocrisy could get so gross that the few recorded instances of the above might embolden some wicked people to do their mischief under the flag of God or Christ.

Unfortunately both are possible. And God in His word has faithfully indicated that BOTH matters are possible.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 15:22

You're pretty free with emotional trigger words like 'murder' and 'genocide' in order to promote your hateful agenda. Never mind that these words do not apply to God.

Christians usually work towards exalting God, not themselves.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 15:255 edits
    Let me give you and myself all a hint.

In the time we come before God Himself we are not going to be thinking about ANYONE else except ourselves.

You are not going to be shouting down God Almighty about the Salem Witch Trials or the Spanish Inquisition or the Conquistadors or anyone else as the other guy over there.

It is more like God will say "I'll deal with him when I examine him. Right now it is YOUR life and YOUR deeds stretched out before us which we're examining."

The essence of coming to salvation in Christ is that a circle is finally drawn around "ME". "Lord Jesus, I need to be saved." No one else is in that circle but "ME". The record is infallible. There is no omission and no exaggeration. And the Judge is Holy and Perfect.

Some will say "But Lord God can't you make it as if I never sinned at all?" God may say " Yes, I already did that but you rejected that offer in unbelief for your entire life." .
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 18:56
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Talk about "missing the point".

You miss the point because you have no love for God in your heart. You're just another Christian here who is not doing his fellow Christians any favors.
    ha!!

you think I make you look bad?🙄

you think non-christians will read our little chats and go "look at that guy who says genocides are evil, he is a disgrace for his religion and fellow christians" ?

coming here is absolutely hilarious
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 19:03
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You're pretty free with emotional trigger words like 'murder' and 'genocide' in order to promote your hateful agenda. Never mind that these words do not apply to God.

Christians usually work towards exalting God, not themselves.
    sorry, sorry, it's because i am a weak debater that i use emotional trigger words like "murder" and "genocide"

from now on i will refer to those acts as "unsolicited permanent retirement" and "mass unsolicited permanent retirement".

"Christians usually work towards exalting God, not themselves"
    christians usually do. i do.

you people are not christians though, your god is a fabrication, and not even a nice one. your god permanent retired people who didn't solicited it all throughout the OT. children were permanently retired, women were permanently retired.

Because god permanently retired people a lot in order to obliterate the group they belonged to, we call what he did ""mass unsolicited permanent retirement".
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 19:07
    Let me give you and myself all a hint.

In the time we come before God Himself we are not going to be thinking about ANYONE else except ourselves.

You are not going to be shouting down God Almighty about the Salem Witch Trials or the Spanish Inquisition or the Conquistadors or anyone else as the other guy over there.

It is more like God will say ...[text shortened]... b]" Yes, I already did that but you rejected that offer in unbelief for your entire life."
    .[/b]
    " You are not going to be shouting down God Almighty about the Salem Witch Trials or the Spanish Inquisition or the Conquistadors or anyone else as the other guy over there."\
    why should i? he didn't do them. evil, deluded men did them and blame god for those acts.

if anything, i will apologise for that.

" It is more like God will say "I'll deal with him when I examine him. Right now it is YOUR life and YOUR deeds stretched out before us which we're examining." "
    and i hope condemning acts of vileness will get me at least some points on the score card.

The essence of coming to salvation in Christ is that a circle is finally drawn around "ME". [b]"Lord Jesus, I need to be saved." No one else is in that circle but "ME". The record is infallible. There is no omission and no exaggeration. And the Judge is Holy and Perfect.

Some will say "But Lord God can't you make it as if I never sinned at all?" God may say " Yes, I already did that but you rejected that offer in unbelief for your entire life."
    this is pointless gargle, nothing to reply to
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 19:52

I think it is more like seeing there could be conceivably a ti ...[text shortened]... both are possible. And God in His word has faithfully indicated that BOTH matters are possible.
    " I think it is more like seeing there could be conceivably a time when the amputation of a limb of a sick person is an act of mercy to that person."
    so an act of killing of an entire people, men women and children is an act of mercy towards... those people? other people?
    i know that when the canaanites were butchered, it was an act of mercy towards the israelites. god saw that they had no land, took mercy on them... and killed everyone living on said lad so that israelites could have it.

" Apparently things on earth could get that bad. "
    yes, since the OT, no society ever got so evil that god would see fit to utterly destroy it.
    not the roman empire, not the aztecs, not the mongol hordes, not nazi germany, not soviet russia.

sodom pissed off god more than hitler did. great logic.

"And we conceivably could add to this "heads up" warning that some will boast that they killed in His name too, or had slaves in His name, or raped slave women in His name, or shot doctors in His name, or something else in His name."
    but nobody in the bible, right? the killing done in the bible WAS in his name, right?
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 20:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'd say this story is a drastic illustration of the grotesque and arbitrary ~ and morally incoherent ~ notion of "justice" that lies at the very heart of ancient Hebrew mythology and Christian superstition.
    The current strain of highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) threatens to wipe out our farmed supplies of chickens and turkeys, which would also eliminate eggs.

That's kinda like bees being systematically annihilated: at first you might not think it's that big of a deal, but when you start connecting the connections, you realize how big of a deal those little buggers are for the planet.

With HPAI, the loss of the carriers could be catastrophic, and the loss of the overall class would be historically significant.

Ever heards of a controlled burn, and what it represents?

Before you get on your high moral horse about how morally inferior the Bible is, perhaps you should first consider context.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 20:422 edits

How much Adolf Hitler angered God may remain to be seen.
    Not everyone who angered God was made an immediate example of. Sodom was made an example of for the record of God's revelation.

That some other people were not made a dramatic example in the same way does not mean God's attitude changed.

You write a lot of stupid stuff. You know that?
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 22:341 edit

How much Adolf Hitler angered God may remain to be seen.
    Not everyone who angered God was made an immediate example of. Sodom was made an example of for the record of God's revelation.

That some other people were not made a dramatic example in the same way does not mean God's attitude changed.

You write a lot of stupid stuff. You know that?
    so your god not only is a murderous monster, he is also inconsistent. sometimes it's fire and brimstone, sometimes he just lets it slide.

sodom trying to rape the angels -> fire and brimstone
    lot giving his daughters to be raped -> god's ok

"You write a lot of stupid stuff. You know that?"
    heh, ending a post in which you offered the most idiotic arguments with "well, you write stupid". you are absolutely hilarious.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jun '15 20:3312 edits

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree