1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    09 Oct '17 16:27
    Luke 13King James Version (KJV)

    13 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

    2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

    3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

    4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

    5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

    6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.

    7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?

    8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:

    9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    10 Oct '17 00:25
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Luke 13King James Version (KJV)

    13 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

    2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

    3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye ...[text shortened]... nd dung it:

    9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.
    Sounds like it's time to cut down the spirituality forum and throw it in the fire.

    No fruit here. A lot of dung though.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    10 Oct '17 01:501 edit
    Originally posted by @josephw
    No fruit here. A lot of dung though.
    You know you're talking about the word of God here right? There's fruit in every part of the word of God.
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    10 Oct '17 10:52
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    You know you're talking about the word of God here right? There's fruit in every part of the word of God.
    I was/am talking about the spirituality forum. Did you read my post too hastily?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148419
    10 Oct '17 11:142 edits
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Luke 13King James Version (KJV)

    13 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

    2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

    3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye ...[text shortened]... nd dung it:

    9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.
    The thing is in life we will share in the good and bad. We should not think God loves us because of good things that are going on, any more than He hates us if bad things are going on. He loves us period no matter what our lives look like.
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    10 Oct '17 14:49
    Originally posted by @josephw
    Sounds like it's time to cut down the spirituality forum and throw it in the fire.

    No fruit here. A lot of dung though.
    There see, I knew if I waited long enough you'd say something I agree with.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8502
    10 Oct '17 15:10
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    The thing is in life we will share in the good and bad. We should not think God loves us because of good things that are going on, any more than He hates us if bad things are going on. He loves us period no matter what our lives look like.
    Until judgement day........
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    10 Oct '17 15:36
    Originally posted by @josephw
    I was/am talking about the spirituality forum. Did you read my post too hastily?
    😀
  9. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    10 Oct '17 22:37
    Originally posted by @avalanchethecat
    There see, I knew if I waited long enough you'd say something I agree with.
    🙂
Back to Top