1. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 10:541 edit
    When will Jesus come back ?
    Err -never. He was nailed to a cross and he lived and died more than 2000 years ago.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 12:01
    Jesus will come. And as I have said before, when He does most people in the world will think it is too soon rather than too late.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 12:06
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Jesus will come. And as I have said before, when He does most people in the world will think it is too soon rather than too late.
    what is the idea behind this jaywill, why will they think it is too soon, rather than too late?
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 12:174 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what is the idea behind this jaywill, why will they think it is too soon, rather than too late?
    "For the Son of Man is to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and He will repay each man according to his doings." (Matt. 16:27)

"Let him who does unrighteousness do unrighteousness still; and let him who is filthy be filthy still; and let him who is righteous do righteousness still; and let him who is holy be holy still.

Behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me to render to each one as his work is.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Blessed are those who wash their robes that they may have right to the tree of life and may enter into the gates into the city.

Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone who loves and makes a lie.

I Jesus have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the Root and Offspring of David, the bright morning star." (Rev. 22:11-16)

I think when He comes the vast majority of human beings will feel that they wish He had given them more time.

But we do not have to be that way.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '09 12:372 edits
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    When will Jesus come back ?
    Err -never. He was nailed to a cross and he lived and died more than 2000 years ago.
    I was under the impression that you argued that nothing in the Bible was worth paying attention to. I thought you said its argument of authority was circular.

So where do you get this information about Jesus and Him being nailed to the cross? Do you want to update your skepticism to say that you will selectly choose from the Bible those things you prefer to believe then ?

If you got your info from non-biblical sources, how then can you trust that they have not been influenced by the Bible ?
  6. Break-twitching
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 03:32
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    Actually, I misunderstood the word pig. Thought you were referring to a
    broom or something. Then realised, that in rap talk (yo) it's a policeman.
    Now I'm just confused. Explain yourself!
    Yeah, I read your hip-hop self-description and came to the same conclusion that others who have read your introduction probably came to: that you've never set foot in the 'hood' except in your fantasies about being Robin Hood.
  7. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 04:10
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Yeah, I read your hip-hop self-description and came to the same conclusion that others who have read your introduction probably came to: that you've never set foot in the 'hood' except in your fantasies about being Robin Hood.
    Sense of humour is really not your forte, is it? Still, that doesn't even
    begin to explain the riding a cop comment. You really don't have an
    answer for that, do you? I mean, are you in the habit of doing that? Do
    you often jump on the backs of police officers? Yelling: "Yeee-haaaw",
    perhaps? Or maybe you're just trying to be sassy without the intellectual
    substance, or even the balls to carry it through?

Look, we can skip that part if it's embarrassing to you, and get back to
    your original comment that spawned this ridiculously lame attempt at
    mud throwing of yours:

Is the world really such a bad place now, compared to a few hundred
    years back when people were burned on stakes for no reason other than
    their knowledge on natural medicinal practices, or reluctance to follow the
    one "true" interpretation of God; a few hundred years back, when the
    elite could do pretty much whatever they wanted to the common man
    without any legal retribution?

I think not.
  8. Break-twitching
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 04:39
    Sense of humour is really not your forte, is it? Still, that doesn't even
    begin to explain the riding a cop comment. You really don't have an
    answer for that, do you? I mean, are you in the habit of doing that? Do
    you often jump on the backs of police officers? Yelling: "Yeee-haaaw",
    perhaps? Or maybe you're just trying to be sassy without the intelle ...[text shortened]... whatever they wanted to the common man
    without any legal retribution?

I think not.
    "Riding a cop comment"? Are you a Village People fan? LOL...that explains it! Why are you obsesssed with my balls? Intellectual substance?...like your description? Tryin' to be black when we both know you ain't got rythym. Your attempt at 'pimpin' is pathetic, little boy. I know one thing...this site would be a better place if you acted your age and not your shoe-size...some advise, and we'll call it even, and if the advise doesn' work, then you can go back to sucking your pacifier.....advise: stretch your neck and blow yourself....
  9. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 04:49
    I challenge you to study the Bible if you are minimally intelligent; if you are 'special ed', I'm sure someone can assist you in understanding the words of Jesus. Why are you so down on Jesus. Did a Mormon missionary steal your bike?
    you know, some folks really love the ideas that Jesus is said to have originated. The words attributed to Jesus, on the whole, describe an approach to life one simply has to admire. But what Jesus said, what he died for, and who he may have really been all has been lost in the competition among succeeding generations who have used him to satisfy their own thirst for power over others.

I think a lot of people are down on folks who attempt to exercise control over them through advocating this or that regarding the absolute truth of the Bible, or of this or that verse, or of an overall "membership" thing in a particular sect or denomination.

Even the name of Jesus has become merely a brand, as so many household products. Jesus has become a commodity as well as a tool by which some people throughout the years since he died have actually rationalized torture, murder, and war itself.

So, I don't think people are down on Jesus -- we're down on people who use his name in ways that make us sick at heart, disgusted by their smug, insistent, power hungry need to control other people.

One doesn't have to be a so-called Christian to regard the words of Jesus in the same way one would regard the words of Jeremiah or Isaiah. These all were men who gave us the benefit of their own perception of the world around them, of the nature of human hearts, the potential in us all, the failure to realize it, and the possibility of leading a spiritually fulfilling life.

One doesn't need autodidacts or church authorities, dogma, ritual, or anyone else to tell one how to understand the words of Jesus.

I am certain of one thing: Jesus would not approve of the message I have quoted here because it speaks without the spirit that he taught.
  10. Break-twitching
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 04:57
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    you know, some folks really love the ideas that Jesus is said to have originated. The words attributed to Jesus, on the whole, describe an approach to life one simply has to admire. But what Jesus said, what he died for, and who he may have really been all has been lost in the competition among succeeding generations who have used him to satisfy their own t ...[text shortened]... ove of the message I have quoted here because it speaks without the spirit that he taught.
    Exactly what part of you post was 'quoted' and from where, or are you referring to your whole post? I agree about a lot of what you stated because not even I want to be preached to about God unless, of course, I ask for it. Having stated that, in order to have a relationship with God, one must surrender to God; otherwise, the connection will never happen. Christians believe that the Bible is the word of God, written by man, and that it is infallable because God would not allow it to be fallable, but I understand where you are coming from.
  11. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 04:592 edits
    "Riding a cop comment"? Are you a Village People fan? LOL...that explains it! Why are you obsesssed with my balls? Intellectual substance?...like your description? Tryin' to be black when we both know you ain't got rythym. Your attempt at 'pimpin' is pathetic, little boy. I know one thing...this site would be a better place if you acted your age an can go back to sucking your pacifier.....advise: stretch your neck and blow yourself....
    You're clearly a fool. Have fun. 🙂

Addition: Oh, man! This bugs the hell out of me. What if you didn't
    get that I got the "If pigs could fly"-poem reference as in "take a hike",
    and my "cop out" retort? Well, now you know.

😏

2 edits to get it right. That's actually kinda lame. 😞

Still, I win! You lose! Na-naaa!
  12. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 05:10
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    I think a lot of people are down on folks who attempt to exercise control over them through advocating this or that regarding the absolute truth of the Bible, or of this or that verse, or of an overall "membership" thing in a particular sect or denomination.

Even the name of Jesus has become merely a brand, as so many household products. Jesus has become ...[text shortened]... ove of the message I have quoted here because it speaks without the spirit that he taught.
    This post perfectly describes the spirit in which I write here. Jesus'
    message? Thumbs up! Organised, authoritarian religion? Not so much.
  13. Break-twitching
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 05:30
    You're clearly a fool. Have fun. 🙂

[b]Addition:
    Oh, man! This bugs the hell out of me. What if you didn't
    get that I got the "If pigs could fly"-poem reference as in "take a hike",
    and my "cop out" retort? Well, now you know.

😏

2 edits to get it right. That's actually kinda lame. 😞

Still, I win! You lose! Na-naaa![/b]
    OK, you win....happy now?
  14. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 05:35
    OK, you win....happy now?
    Yes. 😏
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Mar '09 09:31
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I think when He comes the vast majority of human beings will feel that they wish He had given them more time.

But we do not have to be that way.
    Yes we do. It was prophesied that it will be that way so it must be that way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree