1. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    15 Oct '07 12:37
    If he is in the antipode of Mecca? (i guess somewhere in the French Polynesia, in the middle of the pacific). Anyplace where he can turn (tangent to the surface) is equally close to Mecca, or must he turn down, into the floor (i guess this is the closest straight line)?
  2. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    15 Oct '07 13:09
    http://www.antipodemap.com/ It ends up being in the ocean, so I imagine you one could just move one's boat a foot or two.
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    15 Oct '07 13:13
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    http://www.antipodemap.com/ It ends up being in the ocean, so I imagine you one could just move one's boat a foot or two.
    So always bring your last generation GPS to the pacific.
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    15 Oct '07 13:20
    Tougher one
    What if a muslim went to the moon, or mars?
    5 prayers a day (but there are no days), washing before (no water or dirt around), etc?
  5. England
    Moves
    15 Oct '07 13:29
    dont they just turn to thier back pack and pray!
  6. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    15 Oct '07 13:37
    Originally posted by serigado
    So always bring your last generation GPS to the pacific.
    Don't leave home without it! 😉
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    16 Oct '07 05:29
    Tougher one
    What if a muslim went to the moon, or mars?
    5 prayers a day (but there are no days), washing before (no water or dirt around), etc?
    http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2007/04/30/tech-muslimsinspace-20070430.html
  8. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    16 Oct '07 11:46
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2007/04/30/tech-muslimsinspace-20070430.html
    uhf!
    But cool.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Oct '07 12:16
    If he is in the antipode of Mecca? (i guess somewhere in the French Polynesia, in the middle of the pacific). Anyplace where he can turn (tangent to the surface) is equally close to Mecca, or must he turn down, into the floor (i guess this is the closest straight line)?
    Every set of laws has exceptions or cases where the law is difficult or impossible to apply. When a religion teaches that certain laws must be obeyed to the letter then problems will always arise. However I have been told by a Muslim that most rules should be followed to the best of your ability and when you don't know the correct thing to do you may be forgiven. For example if you accidentally eat something that was not Halal then you might be forgiven (unless it was due to carelessness ie not even bothering to ask).
    In Cape Town the last day of Ramadan is celebrated on two different days by two sets of Muslims because of different interpretations of the rule. I believe the day is based on the moon, but the question is whether the moon is seen from Mecca or from the location of the person in question. Apparently this interpretation difference has lead to a significant split in the Muslim community.
    Extreme interpretation of laws leads to other interesting things such as a Jew saying that it is wrong to drag a chair on the Sabbath as that is considered plowing (work), or if the chair has more than two rungs in the back then it is a ladder etc.
    On the opposite end we have Christians who have generally discarded almost all rules and regulations with precious little justification for doing so.
  10. the highway to hell
    Moves
    17 Oct '07 14:23
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Every set of laws has exceptions or cases where the law is difficult or impossible to apply. When a religion teaches that certain laws must be obeyed to the letter then problems will always arise. However I have been told by a Muslim that most rules should be followed to the best of your ability and when you don't know the correct thing to do you may be f ...[text shortened]... lly discarded almost all rules and regulations with precious little justification for doing so.
    what an irritating load of b****x these relligions dream up
    🙄
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 12:09
    Originally posted by eamon o
    what an irritating load of b****x these relligions dream up
    🙄
    I'm waiting for the religion to pop along that states it's a sin for women to wear clothing.
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 16:40
    Islam is one of the most stupid ideologies going around today.
  13. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 16:53
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Islam is one of the most stupid ideologies going around today.
    I agree. Alongside with Judaism and Christianity.
  14. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 09:461 edit
    I agree. Alongside with Judaism and Christianity.
    I'm not sure I'd agree. There was definitely a purpose to being on the side that could out-reproduce the other side, that being survival and growth.
  15. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 14:16
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    I'm not sure I'd agree. There was definitely a purpose to being on the side that could out-reproduce the other side, that being survival and growth.
    what?
    I didn't quite understand what you said... Now I'm thinking you said something really stupid, it must be my bad english. You are saying there was a purpose for christians being more fertile then other beliefs?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree